The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

Just watched a cool movie about Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. It's called Magic Trip.

Just a quick cheers for the recommendation. After a busy Sunday of home alchemy under a hot tin roof, a quick shower and a curry, me & Mrs Psy kicked back with a nice bowl, a couple of ciders and were enthralled by this film.

I always wondered if the countless hours of footage (as suggested by Tom Wolfe in The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test) would ever see the light of day. And now it has. I thought the clever editing of interludes made this an extra-arty piece more than a typically structured documentary.

So, Marcel... THANKS :wub:

this thread is gonna be messy

bluntmuffin

you should try to make it obsolete. although it's reasonably rare that you will be able to pluck an E out of the air unless you develope "absolute pitch" which isn't that common, but with that externally provided E you will be crackers unless you are pretty much "tone deaf"

adjustments are smoother when increasing pitch. so have each string lower than the sought after pitch, then pluck them and start tightening the string until it's just right. the different string gauges have different sound quality which makes it a bit hard but you can learn to ignore that and just focus on getting the same pitch. also once you've gone through them all once, or at least done a few of the thicker strings (which put a lot more tension on the instrument) you need to start the process again because tuning one string will put other strings out of tune.

• Like 1

So, Marcel... THANKS :wub:

Glad the love got spreaded. :)

"It seems obvious to us now that in some point in American history, the decision was made to forcibly co-opt the legions of furry-folk into spreading lies about the rewards of conformity. In the 1950's, Bugs Bunny evolved into Peter Rabbit, who was then enlisted by Church and State, to snuggle under the sheets and introduce us, in our formative years, to a tireless army of friendly do-gooders offering poinson-dart promises of redemption through subservience to the Big Bunny. As we progressed into our teens, Rootie Kazootie, Baby Snooks and Sheriff John slowly and hideously metamorphosized into their true selves - the Gores, the Bakkers, the Helmses - and our friends the animals died and became sad slabs of shrink-wrapped Lucky meat. In Japan this process is called "Shitsuke"." - Liner notes to Torture Chorus - 'In the Land of Lullaby'.

• Like 1

Thanks Meeka :D

FancyPants, does Ray Thorpe still run a stand at the MBS ? I used to attend these yearly, until my cynical nature could no longer swallow the concepts. But I remember Ray couild always be relied upon for some very special products if you knew what to ask for. That was 10+ years ago, so the laws concerning ethnobotanicals were a lot more liberal.

He was there actually, wasn't the year before when I went. He seemed to try and inform people about what's what. I would've had a chat with him but I just can't stand hanging around crowds of bustling people, talking about things like this. I knew what I wanted and got outta there. I'd have been surprised if he'd had under the counter stuff there... bummer though :/

i'm not saying it's utterly meaningless, but the colours were rendered from other data which i think assigns particular colours to parts of the body or chakras, the only imaging was the regular photograph. there are different aura photography devices but i'm pretty sure none of them image your electromagnetic field, which could be construed as an aura, and i'm bloody well sure that none of them image your aura because those have not been discovered by science which means if they exist our instruments can't see them. my belief is that the only layer of the aura which might be visible to current instruments is the least subtle of the subtle energy bodies and is pretty much just part of the human body.

many people will claim to see a blurry energy layer extending a few mm or a few cm from their skin. we've all seen an "aura" of different coloured blue sky just above the tree line, which is an optical effect. when i used to see etheric bodies all the time, it wasn't like that optical effect, if it is a misperception then i think it's caused by the brain not optics. i don't think the etheric body is the electromagnetic field, personally. correct me if i'm wrong but the electromagnetic field isn't very interesting at all. we put out a miniscule field, as do many other things, the end.

nice "throat chakra" by the way!

This was the machine used http://www.auraphoto.com.au/acamera.htm and what you say is pretty much where my head was at. But having said that, there's just too much coincidence (which I believe in to a point) for me not to think there's something more to it. The colours are obviously just a perception analysis by the computer; but colour we see is only an interpretation our brain makes as well. Anyhoo, I'm very interested in seeing what it looks like next year. My friend and I bumped into our Reiki master there and she got her aura photo done out of curiosity too. Hers was very blue and green dominant; said to be colours of communication and healing (she "teaches" Reiki and other modalities).

goddamn birds, eating the tops off my morning glory sprouts. how dare they.

I quite enjoy it when birds nibble on my morning glory.

• Like 7

ahahahahahahaha!

..gold

Edited by bulls on parade

compared to tasmanian leatherwood honey, coles honey tastes like it's been scraped out of the inside of a tractor exhaust.

but so does so much of coles produce.

• Like 2

nice comment there qualia, i've just about finished my current honey container, it's in the kitchen so i cant be fucked going and seeing what type, but the full one sitting next to me is bottlebrush honey, i saved the darkest til last

on the label it says "pure, natural and unprocessed"

website

^^

nice one. last one was this, although at $8.50 for 500g it would want to be bloody fantastic. usually i get yellowbox. interesting though i keep the honey in the fridge, the yllowbox goes hard but the leatherwood stays quite runny. interesting that.

This honey is amazing. The taste takes a little bit of getting used to, but you can bet your sweet bippy it's a better energy input than vegemite/promite on toast, or regular honey. Plus it's organic and filled with good minerals etc. A bit pricey for honey, but a little goes a long way.

http://www.amazon.com/Honey-NovoAndina-Caranavi-Premium-Organic/dp/B002LH38HW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320794619&sr=8-1

bit too expensive for me, i go through a lot of honey.

Honey , cheese and banana brevilles (jaffle/toasted sanga).drool2.gif

Manuka honey is pretty damn fine hey, and apparently has great antibacterial properties too.

I quite enjoy it when birds nibble on my morning glory.

Clever psylo :)

Probably don't want them bitting the tip off tho

Edited by cactuscarl

I am worried about my baby Loph' seedlings. Will they be cared for properly whilst i am away at EGA. Those seedling trays don't hold much soil and i find i am watering every second day. Maybe i should bring em with ,lol.

Just watched a cool movie about Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. It's called Magic Trip.

Yeah nice film! Neal Cassady is a rare bread of human, kinda out of place with a group of acid heads though. Tragic to hear how he shot his wife and died walking alone at night along a train line in mexico, man must have had some big inner demons. I loved how down to earth ken kessey was, how he truly believed what he was doing was true to the american spirit - would have been an interesting time to be alive! And to see that Leary, Alpert et al at Milbrook were conservative in comparison is an eye opener too, goes against the typical image of them as trouble makers.

there is a woman narrating at times, as though she is reading somebodies diary. fake voice? it was hard to listen to.

I have had a Bungarra living in and on my roof for the past year, keeps rats and possums at bay. We have called it "Rufus"

Does anyone follow the A-league? That's the Australian Football (Soccer) competition. I just watched the Melbourne Victory (the only team in Melbourne :wink: ) get their 5th straigh draw. Argh!! Frustration. Anyway, it's a decent league and fairly competitive with some class play! I often try and get to games and when I do the atmosphere is radical. Especially in the derby Between Victory and Heart, the new Melb team. If anyone's keen to go to a game pm me and we'll organise something.

cheers

frobnicate: /frob�ni�kayt/, vt.

[Poss. derived from frobnitz, and usually abbreviated to frob, but frobnicate is recognized as the official full form.:] To manipulate or adjust, to tweak. One frequently frobs bits or other 2-state devices. Thus: “Please frob the light switch” (that is, flip it), but also “Stop frobbing that clasp; you'll break it”. One also sees the construction to frob a frob. See tweak and twiddle.

Usage: frob, twiddle, and tweak sometimes connote points along a continuum. ‘Frob’ connotes aimless manipulation; twiddle connotes gross manipulation, often a coarse search for a proper setting; tweak connotes fine-tuning. If someone is turning a knob on an oscilloscope, then if he's carefully adjusting it, he is probably tweaking it; if he is just turning it but looking at the screen, he is probably twiddling it; but if he's just doing it because turning a knob is fun, he's frobbing it. The variant frobnosticate has been recently reported.

• Like 1

I have had a Bungarra living in and on my roof for the past year, keeps rats and possums at bay. We have called it "Rufus"

woah...i had to Google 'Bungarra' as i imagined it to be a bird,,,,, So you have a Sand Goanna living in your roof,, Way Awesome!!!

My girlfriend left for Chile this morning, and will be away for almost 3 months.

This makes me feel sad, and slightly removed from reality.

Ahh it's alright, Sheather, the time'll pass quicker than you realise :) Immerse yourself in your plants to take your mind off :)