The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

+1

I don't mind new cuntz. We have to grow the community

His post are like this circle jerk i once saw. I knew i really shouldnt look but i was just a little curious.

This is what they want

Yes but you can be a troll without being a total twatt!

Yeah, I've noticed the recent trend where the bitches and gripes have become the most used subforum, and then it all morphed into cuntz & motherfuckers ad lib. That was my motivation when I posted a ridiculous half arsed thread this morning about tony abbott. I was just trying to raise the tone back up to my mediocre standards and drag the discussion out of this section.

It was funny for a while & sometimes it still is to some extent but the bitches and gripes subforum only had limited need until recently.

Anyway we should arrange another get together d00d, the last one was awesome. The Hawk has the venue, so we should be able to get something happening if we put our heads together.

Can't mods just ban them after a few days of going to town?

Posted here as I expect a swift decline into Trololololololol

Then move to ban shit talkers!!! This would of course have to be assessed by a panel of elite members, making decisions to benefit the greater good

It a free cuntree

We were all shifty newbies once.

If I have done something shifty I apologise, not my intention.

If I have done something shifty I apologise, not my intention.

You have nothing to worry about tangled. :)

Personally I find the C word highly insulting http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules and have no problems reporting the posts of people who choose to use the word in any context in their posts.

If people cant understand & follow posting etiquette, why should they be allowed to post?

Even i have reported a couple of posts containing the c word. No guilt either so if your using it it might just be used against you!!!

Plenty other words can be used to make comments more tastefull.

It's easy enough to ban people, the problem mods have most of the time is being as fair as possible and giving people the benefit of the doubt. For example we have some long time good members here which started off a little shaky. So we want to give people a chance.

The best thing you can do is report the posts and if we fine the individual in question is ruining it for lots of other people they will get warned then booted.

We do want to grow the community but 99.9% can get along with other people without causing any problems. And if one person is ruining it for the rest. The one will get booted

I actually think Grundle uses that word less in real life and more on the forum.

Stirring the pot is vital sometimes, but as said above it does get a bit much all the time. Every thing in moderators.. er, moderation :wacko:

Mods be like

post-4739-6524_thumb.jpg

post-4739-6524_thumb.jpg

post-4739-6524_thumb.jpg

i posted this a couple years ago when the c*nt thing came up then.. the word has an off putting guttural tone to it which doesn't befit such a wondrous body part, but the etymology of the word might surprise people.

i'm not saying i like the word, to me it just has a crappy sound to it that doesn't describe a vagina very well but i think this is well worth considering when you find yourself being offended by it. I think it's a good example of a word being wrongfully vilified! don't believe the hype!

imo the word would be much less off-putting if the u was pronounced as it is in the words 'rude' or 'tune' as opposed to how it is pronounced in the words 'but' or 'cut'. so it was more like 'coont'. This would be a more correct pronunciation in terms of the etymology.. Poor old Cunt's been hijacked & desecrated by a bunch of cunts!

I think we all evolve into a group just some people forget this is a shamanisitc forum not

4 chan etc manners cost you nothing but get you every where

To newbs some of us have a dark sense of humor but once you know us we good people

You are a noob BR ;)

I don't mind that grundle dude but everything he posts now I read in the ciggybuttbrain voice. I'm not a big fan of the c word but I can be used effectively and humorously in the right and appropriate context. But when it's used in every sentence or post I soon stop listening and reading and assume they are a gronk.

Something to keep un mind re: Shitty noobs..

Most of them will stop posting here in the blink of an eye. Same goes for most of you who consider yourselves established members.

Maybe you come back for some trades or lurking but the vast majority don't maintain a vocal presence for more than two or three years.

... PS I don't mean to say any of you aren't established members, plenty of members I've seen contribute more in trading and knowledge in their first year than I have in my entire stay.

I'm just saying that most of you move on for whatever reason so there's no point getting too excited over anyone's particular method of conduct. You all leave me eventually.

You're all cunts.