The Corroboree
slayertat

se QLD and Nrth NSW meet ups

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any meetups or what not around the gold coast, Byron ish areas that happen or Only the Brisbane one. I have been an avid gardener for quite a few years now and I am looking to push past my anxietys and maybe meet some like minded people. Anybody interested can IM me. I fell like there is alot my experiance I could gain from others .

• Like 3

Hey slayertat, I'm new to the Byron area and would love to meet up with some fellow SABers, Sunday's afternoons are best for me ;)

• Like 1

I'm near the Goldy & would be keen to meet you both :).

I would be happy to have meet a my place or travel, I don't mind. I will keep watching to see what happens

Cheers

Jox

• Like 3

Im in..
I like meets but Im also a really lazy bastard so never end up making the Brizzy ones :)
Somewhere nice and sheltered but by the ocean would be good, so we can BBQ and maybe do some fishing/crabbing or whatever too.

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 4

Depending on where it is i might join if i can, love to meet peeps and trade some stuff.

• Like 1

You could always meet up at the Bentley Metgasco blockade out past Lismore

There are ethnobotanists all over that thing :)

• Like 2

Lismore byron , is a little distance for myself as im near the goldy, but if it was an overnight (journey) type adventure then no probs down that way. I know i bstarted the topic but I need to put it out there that I am really shit at organising things lol, I work six days a week so Sundays are best for me too. If some thing gets organised further south id be happy to hook up with people closer and travel together? This is a bit of a spin out for me as its way way out of my comfort zone lol

• Like 1

if you could organize a camp overnighter a few of the brisbane crew would probably come down

• Like 2

This is a bit of a spin out for me as its way way out of my comfort zone lol

You're not the only one!

if you could organize a camp overnighter a few of the brisbane crew would probably come down

The more the better I reckon.

• Like 1

Personally I cant travel up the coast due to work but could definately do anywhere from Lismore to Byron. Camping or just a day.. Camping overnight or even for two days would be pretty schmick..

so its looking more likely that it will have to be more south than north. anyone have any suggestions for a cool place to have a meet up?

I would personally still prefer it to be somewhere around the GC if possible, or maybe make the Bentley meet up a separate thing from the GC meet up?

We have done a fair few camps and meets down in NNSW over the years but only done a couple of meets around the GC plus I think it would be really great to get a GC area community happening as there has never really been one despite there being a few members around the place.

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 3

It was inappropriate for me to mention Bentley in the context of an ethnobotanical meetup and I'm sorry I did

The Bentley anti-fracking camp is a dry camp- no grog or illicit drugs. And fair enough.

There are apparently undercovers in there ( to be expected really ) and the organisers have requested that we respect the specific issue that a diverse group of people are working towards ( a frack-free region ) by not confounding it with other issues.

As you'd also expect, it would only take some nong, or even some unfortunately careless person getting busted to generate bad PR for the action.

The front gate is hectic sometimes- very suddenly too- and the camp intersection needs mindful navigation to make sure nobody gets t-boned and takes out a bunch of pedestrians

A lot of action camps are dry, and most people respect that, it keeps it diverse. There are grannies, kids, people of all ages and walks of life there

What I meant ( being on a major caffeine buzz and coming off-shift the first day ) was that there *are* ethnobotanists all over it, I see about six of you every time I'm out there. We wave and smile and exchange talk of all sorts of things- including plants. I'm loving it

But it's not the best place in NNSW to swap seeds and drink beers. The rest of NNSW is perfectly fine for it, Bentley needs to keep the focus

Edited by Darklight
  • Like 2

ok as im near the coast im definitely up to arange something nearer Gc, As for the NNsw stuff , if that happens reguarly i might pass that along to people down that way and if something happens down that way id be open to attending down there.

So on to the coast (Once again i must reiterate that I have never done anythingh like this and my organising skills may be poor) Lets start throwing around some places to meet up.

Do we we want coast proper or surrounds?

Burliegh ?

Mudgerraba reserve?

tambo?

tally valley?

Springbrook?

rock pools?

Rosser park??

there is alot of options no doubt.

• Like 1

Count me in for a Gold Coast meetup {long as the wife lets me go } LOL

nah im serious she has to let me off the leash for few hours now n then !

• Like 1

I could be in also :wink:

• Like 2

I am very keen for a gc meet,

There are some nice spots at the comera river with electric bbq's that don't get to busy, I don't mind really & can travel. I seems that Sundays would be best for most but I won't have a free Sunday until the 27/4. If others are keen for a meet up on this date then count me in :wink:.

Cheers

Jox

• Like 3

27th is a no go for me fellas, it would have to be at least a week later than that for me.
Im busy every weekend until early May.

Go Karts among other things :)
Other ethnobots are welcome to join me :)
I even got Torsten onto the track the other week and in the pissing rain too, it was great fun!

That is ok Andy, sad thing is I only suggested Comera was so you could bring you rod :wink:.

If there are only a few members on the Goldly keen for a meet, I would be happy to have a meet up at mine. I have a lot of plants the sell/swap. My only concern is trust but if the numbers are low or it's just long term members I don't mind. I am still keen for the 27th & am happy to have another met the next month for Andy :wink:.

If anyone is keen to head up to mount Tambourine on the 27th for a BBQ & a few drinks (BYO) & plant swapping let me know & I get it sorted.

Cheers

Jox

• Like 3