The Corroboree
mutant

Cannabis abuse and nihilism

an essay sent to me by a friend..... he's is in ... czech republic of course, where all these are legal!

its strange, that as I drank the first sip from the absolutely awesome wine from a local dude , I kind of lost this misanthropic nihilism that I intended to express with the article.... for a while, it seemed, since wine is not especially known for its enlightning properties , that some trigger was on ...

1 hour after this , I am considerably more active, mentally acute, and willing to write for this .... (2 h , maybe less on but yet!)

but it was not the wine it self in , heheh

dont get this wrong, I drank lots of beer and some cannabis today, but this current glass of wine had certain material in it for 10 minutes... actually it had what I would consider ~3/5 of a full low end dose of the material... consumed in over an hour

The cannabis is of importance, and perhaps essentially the most important drug here, but I will refer to it later... I will say that the pot was of the Cinderella / C99 strain , an awesome strain, very slightly seeded , but not enough to make it anywhere near stoney....

In my area psychedelics (like the illegal drugs LSD and psilocybin ) and other minor psychoactive drugs like f.e. Salvia divinorum are rare or non existent. My lonely approach in these is also linked to the fact that my only comrades in this is some folks from other cities I rarely see, and the internets...

Here is is were life comes by.... my approach is kind of elitist.... and yet practically I am very disorganised, and yet very determined when I decide to act. Also I am 'elistist' with when and how and with whom I consume my psylocybin, lets say, I would be more cool with having some mescaline with someone... theoretically... but yet....

I have an almost constant suply of woodlover psylocybin mushrooms I have used over the past years like a psychedlic "coke". I guess this came as a reaction in my not ever partaking in the psych material, but instead stick to my ill-habit of smoking too much canabis... or not!

All of the people who have been dosed small spilocybin dose (under influence of alcohol and pot) have had an enhancement of their night , as intended .... most had a nice afterglow the day afterwards... and of course dimished "hangover" from the overuse of alcohol....

so ironic is my "mis-use" of psilocybin like this, since I would rather use it in my elitist way..... yet it works so fucking great like this.... better than none I guess??? :P

This kind of use I practiced is after moderate or high intake of alcohol and cannabis combination.... never did anyone of the crew take too much or react strange... Recently I danced so fucking hard in a local drum n bass and hard techno party , under this recippee!

depending on the dose of both the psilocybin and the alcohol and cannabis and also tolerance on each of the three, the result of dosing CAN result even in sedation if too much alcohol is consumed. Individuals & all.

=======

after all these...... (yes its one of these nights)

what the fuck people are all about??

People are not interested in the process

only the wanted result....

I did almost all I would dream (of what anyone would dream) to do, except the child.

Fuck I so much need a human reason, why I should become less of a hermit than what I am.

I really need some practical reason to love the people around me, even my own self when I feel so consumed , which I would regularly have no problem in loving ...

people around are so fucking arrogant...

nobody cares about the truth and real thing behind their words....

words, for most people is some kind of semi-experimental expression of their self- interest in one way or another...

maybe I am getting older ???

I never believed in any kind of organised society and even in some "anarchist society"

still respect the leftist/anarchoautonomist humanism till today though ;)

so I am really not shocked.... with what I face each day

but heck what the fuck should I do???

I smoke cannabis so much should I guess its the only REAL thing around???

fuck only broads have convinced me to change me habits..... lol .... no new story huh?

People are so fucking fake sometimes..... yeah they're not so much into 'truth' like me..... and they're fucking replicating all the bullshit they're told word-of-mouth without checking .

People dont need to check out facts , just ramble on about some mumbo jumbo that seems impressive and ... of course some friend of theirs told them or what...

I still resist and stand by saying there have to be some people who defend truth, even if they have to be harsh in it....

you know what is hopeful, despite the nihilistic habit? I am finding -easily- optimistic shit, despite my cynicism.

among all those people that smoke 2 g's a day, I am doing some creative shit.... always doing some shit... its a personality trait though I think, and not one of people who smoke 2 g's!

also, compared to some similar extreme potsmokers, I dont smoke first thing in the morning... try to avoid it as long as I can .

people are not supposed to be looking for no philosophilcal truth if they have nothing to eat

but they had been brainwashed to this point anyway

some might say ...

yeah the shit of "potsmoker" philosophy. armchair philosophy...
that's what people who didn't face me while casually drinking say...

bullshit...

let me tell you about philosophy

because some personalities can withstand the 12+ year overdosing on cannabis

and come home to talk about all the details about it , and then som

ok, what can I do?
Writing a book or 2 is almost sure.... The book you would maybe expect from me, I dunno if I would do it english/ international , maybe I not only should, but even ought and must!

suggestions of ways to overcome the drug consuming habit are really appreciated

this is an individual that is having eating/appetite disturbances beyond the usual antisociality - some 7 years now...

I really believe knowing ourselves is very revealing.....and fuck do I know it from 2007.... Argyreia nervosa told me so nice back then!!!! Heart ache??!??! (note only now do I think this might be a heart pinch warning )

of course psychedelics have long term messages to be had: if you keep on smoking this much this fuckin shit, you die from heart attack .... maybe! well I have been thinking I die of lung cancer, so its kind of fitting, I guess...

I know some might suggest trainings and all, but I 'd really prefer toget "spiritual" suggestions

My friend would be happier than happy to have some feedback. He prefers "heavy" philosophical stuff, and of course any practical ideas and thoughts are more than welcomed!

www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php

Interesting read.

• Like 2

www.rasmi.dhamma.org

Vipassana has helped a few friends of mine in making positive change.. I too plan to attend the 10 day course detailed in that link..

Cannot do it without a person near me or some sudden change.

It would certainly be seeming weird and fucked up, but here I am, feeling at home in a forum of a country so different and so fucking far away from my own, that one would wonder.

Not me. Thank you SAB.

And only astrology has given me a satifsfying answer to the communication problem in my life.

peevee cannot communicate well with alcohol in all... I am total sure about that after more than 5-6 trials

even oral. such an awesome start ( a placebo from the taste??) , and so dull shit overall.. i guess it it was indeed placebo!

why is that?? but I guess this is for another thread...

• Like 1

What a curious question - if it's a question at all. So your friend wants to know ways to overcome his habit? That's what I got out of that long string of quotes. And cannabis is his main problem?

The idea of people being "addicted" to cannabis has always intrigued me. A lot of people swear up and down that this isn't possible, but I believe it is. Growing up in western sydney, it's hard not to look around me and see so many desperate people who live to smoke because they can't bear their lives. Though I will add, the people with -real- problems are the ones that medicate themselves with alcohol instead. I don't think it's truly addictive in an all consuming sense for many people though. I think the closest thing most heavy pot smokers come to is a compulsive habit that they find hard to break.

But once the habit is broken, it's easy to not take it up again.

But first things first - your friend needs to slowly taper his use down over about a week. When withdrawal symptoms come (this is my understanding, anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) it's because the brain has such a high tolerance to cannabinoids that when the exogenous cannabinoids are no longer being given, the endogenous ones that our brains make are no longer enough to fulfill the functions required. We make ourselves immune to our own bodies chemicals. Tapering down over a longer period can mitigate that.

In the short term though, I've found two things can really really help the cravings. Dark chocolate or ideally cocoa powder (put it in a milkshake and have several big glasses, as much cocoa as you can get into yourself.) Chocolate has cannabinoids in it that can help ease the transition. Secondly is exercise - no need to go insane, just work up a sweat. Even as little as ten minutes can leave you feeling a lot better (exercising releases endogenous cannabinoids in greater concentration, the "runner's high") and so they ease the transition. He may have specific symptoms that are classic for cannabis withdrawal and cause relapse, the worst one for people is irritability and not being able to sleep. I'd recommend a mild herbal supplement, a little bit in the day and a lot more at night to help him sleep. Kava is the best for this - but Valerian works too. Not much else though, most herbs are so weak as to be almost worthless. Apart from cannabis of course :P But obviously that'd be counterproductive. Exercising helps sleep and stimulates appetite as well.

This stage is the hardest for your friend, but the cravings will pass. It seems in that moment that he won't ever enjoy anything and his only source of pleasure is cannabis. Not true - did he crave weed before he tried it? Was his life unfillling? Do non pot smokers live empty miserable lives? No. Once the habit is broken, you rediscover life. Once it's dropped, it's not a constant desire to pick up again.

Once the short term cravings are gone, it's time for him to restructure his life. Cannabis is great but sometimes people use it as a substute for more meaningful activities that bring greater happiness. Your friend needs to rediscover what he loves - find a hobby. Gardening is amazing for this (we are on a botanicals website after all :P) but really anything will do. Go out and socialize with people who won't smoke pot around you as well. If all his friends are potheads, that'll have to change too. Meditation can be very helpful in multiple ways - but no need to set yourself impossible goals. You don't need to run away to a mountain in Tibet for a year to meditate, 10 minutes in bed before you fall asleep can be very beneficial.

He needs to occupy his time in different ways too. Reading is terrific. It pulls your entire attention and you immerse yourself. Pot smokers often abandon reading - it's harder while high. But returning to it is very rewarding.

The final, most powerful motivator and whether your friend can use this depends on how bad his problem is and whether he can ever use cannabis in a healthy way, is cannabis itself. It's a beautiful plant, so people smoke it to excess. But in doing so, they lose what's most amazing about it. The mind trips, the ethereal wonder where everything in the world is beautiful. That doesn't happen to daily smokers - it just becomes a cheap pleasure hit and a relaxant, not unlike alcohol. But it does happen for people who smoke infrequently (a few times a month) and your friend has probbly forgotten how amazing it is with no tolerance.

Oh and if he can't give it up, he needs to work on harm minimization. Get a vaporiser or start making edibles / glycerin tinctures. You don't want to ruin your lungs with smoke. Vape at night before bed, after everything else is done, so it doesn't interfere with his life.

Hope these suggestions help!

• Like 9

my friend cant find motivation to slow down , taper off , cease the use - the setbacks are not 'enough'

!

+ 1 to what Vegetarium suggested. Sage advice indeed.

• Like 2

Vegetarium really did hit the nail on the head there. Great post! I 100% agree with the reccomendation that he needs to taper off his use. I started by limiting myself to two smokes per day for the first week, one per day for the second week, and every second day for the third week, and then after that stopped during the weekdays alltogether and now i just indulge once during the weekend if i feel the need.

Through approaching it this way, i was able to feel proud of my small accomplishments each week, and feel much more capable to tackle the problem as a whole. Any slip ups were accepted as part of the process and encouraged me to commit further to the future choices.

my friend cant find motivation to slow down , taper off , cease the use - the setbacks are not 'enough'

!

Motivation has to come from within. Maybe it would be helpful for him to look at what made him want to smoke in the first place, and all the reasons why he smokes now.

See if he is willing to turn that philosophising mind around to inspect itself.

The only way i have been able to gain control over my addiction was to address the fact that my cannabis abuse is a symptom of my deep-seated fear of reality and resistance to engage with the world, which is a family-pattern with a number of clearly identifyable symptoms which are adversely affecting the lives of all my relatives. When i was able to recognise this, it was a fuck-load easier to stop.

• Like 6

Ceres that is nice thank you. The taper off programm hits nice and , sure its best done this way... slowly....

one can easily understand how things complicate as my friend drinks his beer as well.

plus the cannabis he's got is not the taper off kind, sadating, its alpha quality sativa god damn it... how can you quit when you find 10 kilos of choice edible mushrooms per 2 days and even if you're the only one smoking in the forest, you find the most of them yrself?

I am just saying. My friend is probably weak, and maybe jsut maybe too deep and too compatible with this routine of pot, that it seems completely out-of-place that this thing could stop.

but you're right. this thing has certainly passed to the area of 'junky' addiction in a number of ways over the past years...

cheers

• Like 1

lol!

for the 1st week 2 smokes a day

hehehehe

I imagine my friend packing a joint shaped like a 2 y.o trichocereus scopulicola seedling !

:P

• Like 2

It doesnt overtly seem like he wants to stop at all !! Do you think he really does?

- he said:

"People are not interested in the process..

only the wanted result"

- kinda sounds a little like him!

The one really crucial thing i learnt is that to change a habit, you cant just do something differently once,

You have to change your behaviour altogether. Doing "good deeds" for your overall well-being has to happen again and again and again.

A change doesnt happen through one act, a change requires commitment to many acts.

• Like 1

lol!

for the 1st week 2 smokes a day

hehehehe

I imagine my friend packing a joint shaped like a 2 y.o trichocereus scopulicola seedling !

:P

Lol... Yeh that was kinda like me ;)

Ceres that is nice thank you. The taper off programm hits nice and , sure its best done this way... slowly....

one can easily understand how things complicate as my friend drinks his beer as well.

plus the cannabis he's got is not the taper off kind, sadating, its alpha quality sativa god damn it... how can you quit when you find 10 kilos of choice edible mushrooms per 2 days and even if you're the only one smoking in the forest, you find the most of them yrself?

I am just saying. My friend is probably weak, and maybe jsut maybe too deep and too compatible with this routine of pot, that it seems completely out-of-place that this thing could stop.

but you're right. this thing has certainly passed to the area of 'junky' addiction in a number of ways over the past years...

cheers

This may be my bias showing through, but if your friend drinks beer as well (to excess) I'd probably change that. I really believe that alcohol is much more harmful than weed. Cannabis enthusiasts sometimes overdo the comparison to make a point, but alcohol is...mmm it's not very good for you. In so many ways. Cannabis is kind of nifty in that the harm it causes relate to the activation by the cannabinoid receptors. But alcohol is a very small reactive molecule that bounces around your body reacting with whatever it touches, whereas cannabis will zip through your bloodstream attached to a plasma protein or freely dissolved in plasma and then hit the receptor, not touching anything it meets along the way.

For the taper - I'd recommend deciding how long you want it to go, then get a big sack and cut it up, weigh each bit (even better, grind it up then weigh it so its more homogenized). Then put a certain amount in its own baggy and mark it with the day its to be used and either use your whole stash or give the rest to a friend for safekeeping. I've never been addicted to cannabis and have always been able to bounce off the habit when needs must (a tolerance break or a period of abstinence to compensate for overindulgence or a break for study) and I never try and "quit" when I have weed left in the house, if I can manage it. I divide it up so I have enough to taper and then when it's gone I don't buy more.

It's definitely not out of place - no cannabis habit is too deep to break. I suggest your friend watch a documentary about heroin addicts and then come back and tell us it's an unbreakable addiction. There are people that are addicted to heroin and walk around the rest of their lives always craving that peak, but they can quit.

As for your friends motivation, sorry not my department, I'll give him all the advice in the world on -how- to quit and have every sympathy with someone genuinely trying, but they've got to want to first and nobody can do it for them.

• Like 1

vege, your input is appreciated, but you have misunderstood my friend a bit, but of course I didnt help with details. Wanting to quite seems pretty complicated for him and ceres is kind-of right . Deciding to quit is one thing, and deciding to quit for, say, a good months is another. He used to quit regularly for couple days in the old days. Currently the last days without use were 17 months ago, a 7 day period. He also had a month of little use, and some days off back then, and it was a girl situation that caused it...

whatever the case, I am happy there are no "cannabis is not addictive" comments and all that practical advice seem very helpful.

You're right about beer too, apart from any health problems which are not the point here, my friend gets insane cannabis cravings after a couple of drinks. He used to smoke some nicotine cigarettes when drinking , but not anymore.

Another issue is my friend has linked every activity with pot. I think my friend hasn't seen a movie sober for some 3-4 years !??!

So in all honesty, I believe a first goal would be a 7 day period off, so that the tolerance gets down. I am not sure about the taper, my friend used to do it cold. Cold stop might cause him depression and sleeplessness the first day but this the the most part - also making a trip that particular first and second days seems ideal, as the depression is just not there.

Edited by mutant

Truth is you have no real desire whatsoever to quit. If you did, then you wouldn't be on this forum ranting on with all this self-loathing drug addict shit, feeling sorry for yourself. If you did have any real desire to abstain you would have already manned up and just done it, ride that shit out.

Every time I read this thread title all I can think of is the nihilists from The Big Lebowski...

nihilists.jpg

Mutant, the more I hear about your friend, the more I believe he needs more help than a forum can provide. I think a long very slow taper is ideal. Cold turkey doesn't really work. Your friend should taper very slowly while decoupling his life from pot - find new activities that aren't linked with pot (exercise, reading, sports, whatever) and slow the pot use way down. Change the old activities so you're doing them in ways that can't be done with pot. The worst thing to do is go cold turkey and keep doing the pot activities without pot.

Start slow, small goals. I'd start with limiting it to not smoking until the evening. Then try and quit beer. Then start smoking less and less. It needs to be a long process, but meeting small goals (like not drinking or waiting to smoke) will give him the confidence and the momentum to go all the way.

Sorry but I don't think your plan is very good. 7 days cold turkey while still drinking and having no activities that aren't coupled with pot? If your friend makes it through that I'lll be so surprised I'll buy him an ounce myself out of surprise. Except I won't because I'm poor, greedy and wouldn't even know where to find such a thing. But it's the thought that counts right? Anyway your friend needs to lay the groundwork, the foundations before he takes the plunge. Limiting, then small breaks. Then larger ones.

Work on harm minimization in the meantime, vape don't smoke, use edibles, limit use as much as possible. Every hit counts.

Subaerunogin , Ι manned up last night when I was fucking your mother. Actually I was fucking your mother while smoking pot and she also took a drag. Now how do you like that fucker? Fucking US cunt , I hope all your plants die in the frozen zone 4 you're at. Or your back ache gets worse year by year by having to transfer all of it in your fucking stupid US garage. Or both.

Of course I dont mean all this, but its really cool to say it anywayz....

vegetarium sorry for that, and thanks for your advice.

Actually I always felt It would be so easier if someone told me : I bet you cant make it , lol, out of sheer egoism, or when I tried to do with someone else who wanted the same, in a way we would positively affect oneother.

" 7 days cold turkey while still drinking and having no activities that aren't coupled with pot? "

EVERYTHING IS coupled with pot!!! but

my friend is pretty OK with waiting until the night. my friend never skomed first thing in the morning, and onlyt at his peak started smoking at noon. All in all, even after a huge abuse, there's not much craving or even depression: the reason ? he's got pot for today, and pretty much more than what he smoked yesterday. Also the last batch he got (2 grams or what) is not sativoid (which really was cool to be more productive, but I feel its not good for him tapering off) . So I gues it's either he smokes everything today / tonight and goes cold turkey tomorrow (which is probably not the best idea, in general, but sure fits his habits) or dived the pot today to make an even smaller portion for tomorrow and then off.

A very long tapering off is certainly not only for those who have a hardtime and strong cravings but also for those who are determined to erase p[ot from their lives. My friend only would love to be able to control it. Smoke at weekends or some special nights, unlink a wide range of activities from it and do it more selectively, not casually. One good idea is trying to keep a distance from a new friend of his who is a hardcore abuser too. My friend saw he was spending more money on pot and smoked much more when he was with him. This dude is really cannabis obsessive.

I got another story from my friends abusive days. The cravings are psychological: there were times that he went to score, and it was more or less a tense proceedure (you know when you're craving to get a smoke and all, even if you're not an abuser). As long as he came home with the pot, all was relaxed. There were times when he arrived home relaxed and 2 hours came by until he went on to smoke one... in an otherwise sober day.... So first day depression has to do with the insecurity of not having pot and this would force my friend to have a totally different day, and especially night...

I really think people like him, people like that another friend of his I told you, are pretty rare. Its really "difficult" to get so hooked to cannabis, and then again I am so convinced its the routine that is so addctive and the prolonged relaxedness of the pothead, so I am pretty convinced cananbis is not really addictive, but nevertheless, some people can manage to do it.

My friend is in the rare I think category that he got hooked because he loved it so much - it seemed to agree with him so much.

Like a female pothead I got to know recently, she said something really great. She said: I smoke because it helps me assort (Hierarchy is the word I want to use, but I dont find an english verb for this, we also got a verb for hierarchy in greek ) my thoughts and the things I like to do. It very much touched my friend.

Well actually I’m from Northern Victoria, so you should probably be wishing my plants dry out from the hot semi-arid climate, lol. I’m SunChaser, locked myself out of my old account to stop being a bong rat loser who does nothing else in my spare time but sit here on the laptop wasting my life. Probably filled in that climate section wrong.

Anyway, I don’t give a shit if you take my advice or not. But the fact is if you listen to the verbal hippy shit vegetarium is spitting, you’ll be back in the exact same position within a month or two smoking your whole life away. If you truly have a true desire to become a better person then you have to toughen up and change your whole frame of mind, as hard as it is to here mate it’s the only way. No half arsed measures will do and there are no short cuts to break such an ingrained destructive habit.

If you’ve smoked erb for even half as long as I have or love the stuff even half as much as I do, then the only way you will ever stop being a slave to it is by cutting off all your supplies and walking away from it forever, that’s just the reality of the situation. Whether you stop smoking it for a week or even a year, it doesn’t matter. Once you hit that shit again you’ll be back to where you started, not being able to enjoy anything without being stoned within a month or two.

I’ve gone though all these half arsed measures time and time again, quitting for a week here, month there and a year over there, trying to be a smart cunt thinking I can just lose my tolerance and then be able to control my habit and only smoke at night or on the weekends, but every time it just goes the same way, I eventually wake up one morning packing that bong and blowing that smoke out before I’ve even done my morning piss and then it hits me, I’ve just done a full fucking circle straight back into this same old position. Smoking my whole life away losing the only person I ever loved, losing all respect from my family and just letting every opportunity I’ve ever had just past me by.

Maybe your situation is different, but like I said, if you love cannabis half as much as I do and have smoked it for half as long as I have, then I doubt your situation is that much different. But at the end of the day, most of us have to do that full circle over and over again till it finally hits home right? Just being told rarely ever gets though.

• Like 1

I still resist and stand by saying there have to be some people who defend truth, even if they have to be harsh in it....

you know what is hopeful, despite the nihilistic habit? I am finding -easily- optimistic shit, despite my cynicism.

To mutant's friend:

Don't confuse nihilism with pessimism. It is possible to believe that there is no greater meaning in the universe, and still be optimistic. :) And you can easily be both cynical and optimistic at the same time, what's the saying... "hope for the best, but plan for the worst"?

I don't think drug "abuse" is your problem. It sounds like you have cut yourself off from the world, believing that you have nothing in common with people around you. This may be true anyway, but it is likely to be a self-fulfilling prophecy if you keep to this path - obsessive personalities tend to drive people away (especially when the obsession is about drugs). And that's fine, some people are happy alone. But it doesn't sound like you are happy. You have to figure out what' s important to you. And I think you need to work this out before attempting to change your drug-use patterns, otherwise the chances of long-term success are not good.

It also sounds as if you may be having spiritual revelations (is that the right word?) faster than you can absorb them. That's probably an argument for toning down the psychedelic consumption at least.

That's the best I've got - but I'm not sure what you're asking for. Do you want philosophy or rehab? Or both?

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 3

+1 to what anodyne said. A lack of sense of belonging and purpose in the society we live in, I think, is a root cause of much substance abuse. It may well be that this is because we live in a mad world and introversion for many is the sanctuary - I certainly can relate to this. But ultimately we all, as in the human race, are in this together and we must find community one way or another.

Personally I have found ayahausca sessions to be highly beneficial in realigning my habits in more positive directions. The ted talk by graham hancock I think is especially relevant here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36774

I don't think it is necessary to totally abstain from cannabis, or to be totally addicted to it like some of the comments made in this thread, but rather to use it in such a way that honours the great gift that it is.

I don't think it is necessary to totally abstain from cannabis, or to be totally addicted to it like some of the comments made in this thread, but rather to use it in such a way that honours the great gift that it is.

Well that’s probably a bit of a naïve generalisation.

I mean for someone who started smoking a little to mush weed when they where 19 or something, well then yeah, they might be able to learn to have a healthy relationship with this amazing plant. But if you’ve been a hardcore abuser since you where say 12 years old, then I think you have blown that opportunity and do have to walk away from it for good to ever have a chance to live life to its fullest. It really is up to the individual to work out if they have blown that opportunity or not.

I personally won’t be abstaining from it for forever; to say any different would just be lying to myself. In 6 months I’ll be toking up again, but I also know that nothing good will come from it. What can I say? I’m a self destructive person and probably will be till the day I die.

All I know is that the only old mates I had that I started smoking with who have anything good to say about it are the losers who are still living with there parents and shit, going absolutely nowhere at 30 years old. All my old mates that are now thriving and moving on in life hate the shit.

I’m a true believer that some of the biggest future breakthroughs in treating conditions like depression will be though treating people with cannabinoids. But I also realise from years of experience that cannabis can cause some people to become isolated and unable to relate to there fellow human, causing severe depression and the feeling that reality in its self is a totally meaningless existence, which will lead to a completely wasted life at best and an early exit at worst.

This ain’t an anti-cannabis rant btw, I doubt I’ll ever meet anyone who has as much love for the cannabis plant as I do, but that’s no accuse to be in total denial. Nothing in this world is perfect and no substance can be abused without causing negative outcomes, not even cannabis.

• Like 1

fair call, I guess the lesson for many people from psychedelics and psuedo-psychedelics like cannabis is that its not for them and they are better off without them. using cannabis constructively is an art in itself and it involves equally how much you don't do it as how much you do.

When you say you love cannabis, what does that mean to you?