The Corroboree
wert

O.K. Heres the biggie Q!

So is our universe inclusive of what we know a part of something much larger? perhaps a being of concious awearness?

For example is our solar system just a proton for example while other systems make up electrons and neutrons on a larger scale? Is it possible that galaxys are the equvelent of our molecule... making the universe an organism?

• Like 1

Ive always thought stuff like this!

The worst part is we will probably never know :(

yeah me too ...

I've had this question that stuck with me since I was a child.. and well my Dad swears he never said this to me

but I used to have a clear memory that it was him that said it...

anyways... he basically said... ... What if....

you traveled in a straight line, all the way to the edge of the universe....

the very end... where you would find a wall or whatever would be at the end of the universe....

Wouldn't there have to be something on the other side of the wall? ....

I mean... even if the wall never ends that still proves infinity exists...

and so does math.

well anyways...

i'm about to head that direction as its late evening here....

not to get all esoteric and shit

I think our math is correlative to the data we observe.

I think the ultimate answer is hiden in another form of whatever math is.

Its pretty obious from what we can observe theres alot more than meets the eye... or the math.

The math is just a seed waiting to grow into some form beyond...

So is our universe inclusive of what we know a part of something much larger? perhaps a being of concious awearness?

For example is our solar system just a proton for example while other systems make up electrons and neutrons on a larger scale? Is it possible that galaxys are the equvelent of our molecule... making the universe an organism?

post-30372-Simpsons-universe-couch-gag-p

• Like 6

I would like to throw in 'the big wow theory' by Paola Zizzi.

Not quite on topic but worth a mention, also look into the related 'Orchestrated Objective Reduction (Orch-OR)'

This is the first time but not the last time I will mention it on these forums.

Also another thought is if infinity does exist, so must god, but then so must a god over that god, and a god over that god etc etc forever.

This man blew my mind, can't believe I'd never heard of him til recently. He eloquently explains so much of what I've been wondering for a long time. He's funny and simplistic; would completely be in top three people throughout history I'd have a dinner party with.

• Like 2

"another form of whatever math is."

math is science, and science comes in all shapes and forms

its pretty much the study, measure and experimentation of practically anything that can be observed

"Also another thought is if infinity does exist, so must god"

It could be that things come into existence as we seek for them.. shrugs...

not limited to we but any form of consciousness. (perhaps) again it could be

but common sense makes us think everything was just there and we found it like that

and then changed it lol...

or it could be that the universe creates itself, and thus the closest thing to god there is, is the universe

or perhaps energy itself. "light" as some esoteric ppl might put it, like some masons which aren't so uptight

and egotistical.. there are some lol

or we could get all Illuminati and say that god is the numbers..... its the Monads, the tiny units that make up everything...

Abraxas... the number 0, fullness... zero point.... and everything is a symbol of that

and so our purpose would be to maximize our potential or sum shit, evolve into gods or whatever

im sure that kind of thinking has bred a mad man or two but theres a right way and wrong way to do

anything

perhaps we could be the highest expression of that on earth

or at least carry the potential for the highest expression of what god is...

thus giving us "God Potential" not that we're awesome or anything

When you say that there would have to be a god over a god over a god, you are looking at it

with very human like concepts... hierarchical gods and shit... imo all those are the lower gods

eh (laff) But I see what you mean like god for every unit of size or something and I think,

not necessarily. Just like if some d00d has a spiritual experience with something much more

powerful which seems to be able to control things or do things that humans can't, doesn't

necessarily mean its the hand of god... could just as likely be a highly evolved spirit, or

maybe something that was always there and just got bored or whatever lol if such is true

then the abrahamic concepts of our day make it really easy for spiritual beings to fuck with ppl mwhahaha

The thing that really gets me is the evolution of dna... how this intelligence that exists

in DNA and such, that allows organisms to evolve according to their environments/circumstance...

thats where the magic is... The type of intelligence that doesn't require thinking eh
I like to think of it as the world which exists outside of the bounds of language

wherin language is simply an art and not a means for anything, not even communication

but im wierd... I do have to wonder if the universe has its own dna on a larger scale

or even maybe a smaller scale... I know DNA has some relation to light/energy and such

is a star and so.. shrugs

one thing I know for sure, is that EVERYTHING is energy, in some shape or form

and I personally believe that EVERYTHING is Dual, both spiritual and physical, every atom

every rock every spirit... and well in the physical world things maybe subject to observation in order to exist

See the Double Slit Experiment... some other interesting concepts are Superposition or Schrodinger's Cat...

these for me are deep pondering exercises.. Niels Bohr and Einstein together discovered that every

unit exists in both a wave and particle form depending on what the observer is seeking... and this

was deemed the "Observer's effect" somehow related to the "Copenhagen Interpretation" but anyways

its some mind boggling stuffs

Infinity applies to everything... Infinitely large, and infiinitely small....

there is no "last" number... it just keeps on going, as far as we can tell :P

Infinite multiplication, infinite division... the science of black holes is where all the physics breaks down

some strange form of enregy that mainstream math doesn't really cover yet...

IMHO the math doesn't change, though our perceptions are infinitely changing...

thats the beauty of science tho, its open to change... maybe not the scientist, but in science

thats pretty much the point to prove itself wrong... and when you can't that becomes the

theory of the day...

The best reply I ever got was in an atheist group on facebook... in regards to the shape of the universe

on whether or not it goes on for infinity... a guy that was pretty hardcore said that the universe has to end

but ends where it begins and thus its one huge circle or oval or something... Perhaps gravity/magnetism pulls it all into some shape or whatever but for me there has to be some distinction between the formless and the rest... I know there's

one school of thought that says the universe is flat...

we still have a long way to go for sure... there's alot of shit out there that simply way above most of our heads

but there are clues every fucking where... I get turned off when ppl say things like "we'll never know" the only thing

we'll never know is now much we'll ever know ... "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE" :P

R

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

post-30372-Simpsons-universe-couch-gag-p

Excactly. Wow never saw that before. Except for the version i obserbed in my imagination.

Thats the best thing ive seen for almost ever!

• Like 2

Excactly. Wow never saw that before. Except for the version i obserbed in my imagination.

Thats the best thing ive seen for almost ever!

Haha, it's mesmerizing, hey. I've often thought this before too.

The same kind of thing was taken off in a Family Guy episode years ago too, in one called "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven", right at the ending, but I can't find a link to the video... :scratchhead:

Not the same thing but this one's pretty cool

not as cool as the simpons thingy tho

http://htwins.net/scale2/

This one only goes 10,000,000 light years away from the Milky way... how lame

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/

Interesting article here... perhaps each black hole contains an universe and thus

our entire universe exists inside a black hole

http://www.insidescience.org/content/every-black-hole-contains-new-universe/566

Edited by Spine Collector

We are just an Extension of the Mind of Creation

Experiencing itself in a Three Dimension Perceived Reality

Cheers God I Am

Godiam

• Like 2

so what if it were?

I am more interested in practical ideas, like there still lots of shit to learn about our planet, and we certainly dont seem to be paying attention to the wisdom that lies simply is hearing and feeling the vibe of the earth..

thus, I find the OP question , rather a more theoretical topic, which would be more interesting if transformed into a movie or comic of some kind.. A script , rather than something useful philosophically...

I dont believe there is such thing as parallel universes be it parallel or micro macro etc... but even if there were, its not important... IMO anywayz

cheers

think globally act localy

PS: we need to think there's a big plan, because the world fails... it fails, there fore it exists. evolution came after a series of fuck ups, failures and all that.. we are incomplete, and therefore we exist... if we were perfect we would be dead by now...

we like to see harmony in ideas, but ideas are man made. I have been wanting to find harmony in ideas... the best example I have found is astrology, and most people here are playing sceptics lol

we are like that... there is not a pattern universally experienced and accepted... each one has his own personal god, well not me,I am my own god!

PS2: awesome simpsons vid, I suggest you see simpsons the movie to see homers epiphany, its not in YT - great film overall...

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

My personal opinion is that the universe is essentially fractal in nature, which is why it appears like it could be a small part of something larger. I dont think we are, at least in our dimensional space.

Perhaps we could be a small part of something larger, if that is in a different dimension, kind of like a page in a book. the writing on the page can observe its page, but cannot even comprehend that it is in a book of many pages stacked onto of each other, as the writing exists in 2 spacial dimensions and as such cannot conceive the notion of the up-down dimension.

Perhaps these other inconceivable dimensions permeate out universe, however we cannot register them, and they take the form of dark energy.

• Like 1