The Corroboree

Brilliant thread and photos! I've always wanted to grow Hoddia's, my first packet of seed recently

arrived, so I thought I'd do a little research when I stumbled across this little gem.

I hope there are lots of successful Hoodia germinations and there's plenty of genetic variety to go round.

I don't know if its a big deal or not? but one of my Hoodia seedlings turns out to be a crest.

2012-05-17102054.jpg

2012-05-17102102.jpg

• Like 5

wauuuu, and you know what, you deserve it, this is fantastic!

suddenly the hoodia becomes a "show stopper", never seen anything like it, great pic.

my hoodia seedling (post #17) with 3 cotyledons, unfortunately was damaged by a pest animal lately, i hope it will survive.

i mention this, because, i'm very sure to have observed that this, 3 cotyledons seedling, was growing faster than all the rest, so always watch out for those features, with any type of seedling. :)

a crest! that's awesome mate I cant wait till i get my first crest in my collection

and PH sorry to here about your seedling i hope it bounces back with even more vigour

Nice.....

Different looking cactus to the same old same old......ESP lovely looking flowers!

Inspires me to germinate seeds I bought from SAB a few months back...

Can anybody here report on it's Validity as an aphrodisiac ?

Thanks

Edited by jjsanaam

watertraden if you manage to get some offsets that crest I would be very interested in buying a piece of it. cheers

watertraden if you manage to get some offsets that crest I would be very interested in buying a piece of it. cheers

sure - I will have to remember what I did with it. :blink: hopefully not left out in the frost - but somewhere safe.

• Like 1

i might add at this point, that propagating hoodia from cutting is possible. so you can try to multyply the hoodia crest, like that.

i choose thumb long cuttings, and did let them calluse for ~2 weeks, and than placed on the surface of friable pottingmix.

the strike rate is not as high as with echinopsis though.\

a save methode propagating the crest, would be grafting onto stapelia. http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=26939

• Like 1