The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DELETED ACCOUNT

Aromatherapy

I recently got one of these bad boys, an electric vaporizer...

0rtyFFU.png

Been having nightmares a lot lately, and thought this ought to help, but unsure of scents which are calmative for stress, and anything good to settle sleep. Do you guys do this or can recommend any?

All I have is nag champa for now, clichéd maybe, but I love it... :lol:

Edited by antonsyd

Frankincence and myrrh. Does this Thing vape plant resins?

On eBay frank and myrrh resin. Check out copal and mastic as well

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

Nifty wee contraption you have there.

Rosemary. Frankincense - yeah, good anxiety relief.

Clary sage is another one which can promote sleep, although be careful when using it as if you use too much the effect is reversed and instead of dreamy relaxation you will find yourself over stimulated and busy in the mind.

Lavender and chamomile are also calmative, but as with the clary sage, use sparingly as the effect is quite often altered by the amount used.

• Like 1

Frankincence and myrrh. ... Check out copal and mastic as well

UrGc5vl.jpg

Haha, I didn't even know I could get those! Sweet, thanks...

Does this Thing vape plant resins?

Unsure -- it says it burns oil and wax, but hell, I'll give it a go anyway. It gets pretty hot :devil:

Nifty wee contraption you have there.

Rosemary. Frankincense - yeah, good anxiety relief.

Clary sage is another one which can promote sleep, although be careful when using it as if you use too much the effect is reversed and instead of dreamy relaxation you will find yourself over stimulated and busy in the mind.

Lavender and chamomile are also calmative, but as with the clary sage, use sparingly as the effect is quite often altered by the amount used.

Yeah, it's been great, I burn through a lot of candles, so it ought to be cheaper.

I'll definitely try Frankincense with two recommendations for it now, and I'll give the others a shot too. I like all those scents, just have to find them in oil and/or wax now :wink: cheers

^

Witchy supply stores usually have frankincense and myrrh resin. I dunno what suppliers are in your area but most places will have an online retailer or two selling dried herbs and insence. Frankincense and myhrr are surprisingly cheap. There are others worth looking into too, I'll have a look in my books when I return home.

• Like 1

Persian grocery stores sell frankincense and myrrh resin too.

• Like 1

I've been burning frankincense oil that I got from health shop...expensive though but works good 4 me. Where'd u get the vaporizer from? I wouldn't mind getting one... I always fall asleep with candle still burning.

^

most places will have an online retailer or two selling dried herbs and insence.

Yeah, I just looked, it seems easy to get on eBay in resin, wax and oil forms. Nice!

I've been burning frankincense oil that I got from health shop...expensive though but works good 4 me. Where'd u get the vaporizer from? I wouldn't mind getting one... I always fall asleep with candle still burning.

I bought my vapourizer online here. It comes in a few colours, and is about the size of a grapefruit. My only gripe is that it doesn't have an on/off switch, so you need to turn it on/off at the wall!

I'm also unsure if it vapourizes resin yet, but I'm about to find out soon B)

damn it was half way threw replying and the damn pc rebooted thanks to windows update *shakes fist*

i have an ultrasonic diffuser. its good because you can set it to come on every 30s or something. mostly use lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus and chamomile depending on mood

damn it was half way threw replying and the damn pc rebooted thanks to windows update *shakes fist*

Haha, gotta love Windows... :huh:

VwNJBtt.png

i have an ultrasonic diffuser. its good because you can set it to come on every 30s or something. mostly use lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus and chamomile depending on mood

Ultrasonic, cool! They get those oils straight into you. Probably better when you need to inhale the stuff for colds, like with eucalyptus oil.

I recently bought an awesome narrowleaf ironbark eucalyptus oil from the guys at rare earth oils in Cairns/FNQ, strong enough to stun a buffalo :P

• Like 1

I love clary sage. Great mood lifter.

I also like patchouli, rose, peppermint, sandalwood

chamomile is good but I prefer drinking the tea

Lavender has a paradoxical effect on me it stimulates me rather than calms. I like the smell though.

Never tried frankincense or myrrh as essential oil only incense but judging from the incense they would be good

• Like 1

I'd be interested in the effects of ultrasonic elemi oil, the stuff smells amazing and elemicin is kind of psychedelic.

• Like 3

I'd be interested in the effects of ultrasonic elemi oil, the stuff smells amazing and elemicin is kind of psychedelic.

I showed my girl the one in be original post and and came home that arvo with an ultrasonic one of the same size, quite small. I'm heaps keep to hover over it with a few different oils! Elemi being one!

• Like 2

I do like the lemon oil, 10 drops ingested is quite nice & smells wonderful too.

I used some lemon oil with coconut oil on my dog recently as he had some fleas (as a short term preventative which kills fleas) he was super chilled out afterwards & I was worried he was tripping on limonene. He is all good now, I'm not convinced he liked the lemon fresh scent. He was much relieved from the fleas though, the mix literally killing fleas within a couple of minutes.

Vaporising Basil oil could be interesting (methyl chavicol).

• Like 3

Man, if i could get Vietnamese mint oil I'd be in heaven. Best. Smell. Ever.

• Like 2

Never tried lemon oil I'll have to give that a go if it has that kind of effect Fenris!

I dont have an electric burner only one of the glass ones that you put a tea light under it. Are the electric ones that much better or just useful for timers?

• Like 1

I dont have an electric burner only one of the glass ones that you put a tea light under it. Are the electric ones that much better or just useful for timers?

The reason I bought an electric one was so I didn't go through so many tea light candles.

I hadn't even thought of putting the electric one on a timer, but that's a great idea! :lol:

I also like the electric one because I can keep it on at night while I sleep and it doesn't light up the room.

If you're thinking of getting one though, make sure it has a switch on the cord, mighty handy, and pretty annoying without it...

• Like 1

Man, if i could get Vietnamese mint oil I'd be in heaven. Best. Smell. Ever.

When are you gonna make some Glaukus?
  • Like 2

You should be able to cheaply obtain frankincense and myrrh resins, and probably a lot of other interesting resins, from Chinese herbalists in Chinatown. ie ones with actual herbal dispensaries where they give you plant materials instead of jars of pills

Helps to learn (or write down) the pinyin of specific Chinese medicinal products instead of the Latin names

• Like 3

You should be able to cheaply obtain frankincense and myrrh resins, and probably a lot of other interesting resins, from Chinese herbalists in Chinatown.

Yeah I bought some frankincense resin, but...

Does this Thing vape plant resins?

...it doesn't! I suppose my vapouriser doesn't get hot enough, it's only like 90°C tops.

What's the best way to vapourise plant resins? I've got a bag of frankincense and don't know what to do with it, lol

I dunno about vapourising frankincense but if you can find those little rounds of charcoal, they work really well, you just light it and put on a stone or ceramic dish and sprinkle your plant resins and dried herbs on top. The only place ive heard of them being sold around here was at a catholic store oddly enough, but if you have Indian shops nearby they should be worth checking out. They are cheap, few dollars for a stack which looks like a pack of Oreos, and make some impressive smoke.

• Like 1