The Corroboree

A couple more sketchy works I did around the same time. I usually draw or paint then take a photo, then work in photocopy.

post-14605-0-74886500-1405334385_thumb.j

post-14605-0-91562300-1405334437_thumb.j

post-14605-0-74886500-1405334385_thumb.jpeg

post-14605-0-91562300-1405334437_thumb.jpeg

post-14605-0-74886500-1405334385_thumb.jpeg

post-14605-0-91562300-1405334437_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I picked up a wacom tablet the other day. Soooo much better than using a mouse to paint with. I wouldn't say it's made a huge improvement to the quality of what I can do, but it makes the process much more enjoyable and saves a lot of time. One thing it has done to improve the quality a little, though, is that I used to use splines for outlines, to get a clean look that is hard to do with a mouse. Now I can easily sketch by hand, and it gives a much more 'organic' feel to the end result.

Edit: Images are gone from original upload location. PM me if you want to see them

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

Dude... wat... you were using a mouse before? That's insane. You're insane. Nice portrait though!

• Like 1

Dude... wat... you were using a mouse before? That's insane. You're insane. Nice portrait though!

Yeah. Last time I had looked at prices (a few years ago) the cheapest decent ones were more than 300 bucks. If I realised they had come down in price so much, I would have gotten one ages ago. Got the Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch ($113).

One way I got around the precision difficulty in the past was to draw with traditional media and then scan, and paint on top of it with the mouse. Or, as I said before, use splines and other vector objects for neat curves.

Edit: Images are gone from original upload location. PM me if you want to see them

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 3

Yeah. Last time I had looked at prices (a few years ago) the cheapest decent ones were more than 300 bucks. If I realised they had come down in price so much, I would have gotten one ages ago. Got the Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch ($113).One way I got around the precision difficulty in the past was to draw with traditional media and then scan, and paint on top of it with the mouse. Or, as I said before, use splines and other vector objects for neat curves.

Where was that deal ballz?? Is that the silver tab or the black?

Where was that deal ballz?? Is that the silver tab or the black?

The silver one. Both Scorptec and cpl have it for $119, so I went to Officeworks and used their "beat it by 5%" deal.

by wert. new%20desk%20top%20TB%20BETA%20stuff%20c

tb 303!

Edited by wert
  • Like 2

by wert.

mdma2%20%20copy_zpsojbmwno1.jpg

love.

• Like 1

by wert draw%20freely%202psd%20copy_zpser6xpo5l.

imagination.

• Like 1

by wert .7%20dead%20sins%202_zps2we1eh1e.jpg

deadly sins.