The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heyowana

Why subs are sub par and meanies even worse.

945285612-thumb_IMG_6255.jpg945285682-thumb_IMG_6258.jpg945285860-thumb_IMG_6266.jpg

oh look i can steal them from shroomery :)

with your permission Heyowana i can put them here, are you able to cut and paste them with your phone and make a post?

993789691-2015-04-25_14.47.50.jpg

can make them big too :)

I've only got pics of the ones I found here.

I had a conversation with bluemeanie about that.

Perhaps you need to find out how to differentiate between a mushroom of the Panaeolus genus and the Psilocybe genus.

Then you could hunt those mushrooms I talked about in Topaz. To tell you the truth P.mystery species looks absolutely nothing like a meanie for starters. Meanies grow on yes he's guessed. These grow in the soil. Meanies have pores in the cap unlike a Psilocybe. They have as I mentioned earlier a gelatinous pellicle.

The bluing reaction is different. Did I forget to mention the colour of the caps. No matter but meanies have a different coloured cap also.

The smell of a meanie smells pretty funky to say the least. P.mystery has a sweet like fresh cut grass smell that I could detect from over a foot away.

They look nothing alike but because you haven't seen them subaeruginosin I know where you are coming from. Just keep an open mind. That is the way.

I'm a little bit hazy at the monent pimento.

Why don't you just put them here.

In fact I like it here. It's a bit more informal.

If you met me you'd know what I mean.

okies, i will. :lol:

tomorrow night though as i gotta get up early, must go snoozies now.

Why don't you just put them here.

i think because this is bigger than bitches and gripes.

these/this may be a unrecorded species or something not seen here before.

if A.R. is doing the work on the samples then this is serious mushroom nom noms, stuff we wanna see and feel man.

and let it be here, in the mycology forum so we can ride the highs and lows of the event.

be damn good reference material for the future..........good content.

The Mycology bit is laid back man, good people.

OK contact me tomorrow. Do I just start a new thread under mycology?

With the timing thing and finding the tropical liberty caps you need hot weather with plenty of heavy rain to get them started. Then if it dries out another heavy rainfall event is needed.

Topaz has an average rainfall according to my neighbour there of 4 - 7 meters. So they could have a good season if the monsoonal trough hit early.

Dalmorton had an east coast low for about 4 days before hand. Its annual rainfall was only about 45 inches.

It would be interesting to look at other cowpaddocks that were accessible. Along the Clarence river and its tributaries there is an immense amount of farmland that could have them.

Topaz I know they were where I looked. I only looked at my property and my neighbours and they were in both places. It would be funny to ask the other neighbour that I told about them if he's found any yet. That was 9 years ago I think.

It really looks like mexicana !

Different mushroom species are a whole different world, because you are connecting to a whole different world of the spirit of that mushroom. The visuals will be different and the effects will be different. I've known people who take mushrooms all over the world, one in particular who is quite a well known scientist, and they take it for granted this is the case.

The same can be said of acacias, yes, the chemicals (i.e. DMT) might be the same, but you are connecting to different spirits of different trees. This is obvious for people who work with different acacias.

Yes, obviously, Psilocybin and Psilocin, are the chemicals involved, but there is lot more involved in how these mushrooms work than our primitive labels.

There is definitely a difference between acacias, even the same species from different locations have flavours. No doubt that fungi also have "personalities".

Thank you folias. I hope others listen to those words of wisdom

Yes mauve except for the thick gelatinous pellicle it looks a lot like P.mexicana to me as well.

The whitening of the cap is a bit different but I may be wrong.

There is a subaeruginosa specimen in there at the bottom.When they were first posted on shroomery a friend created that gallery and lumped them together. Mine just has the unknown.

2hyf3mq.jpg

I am also interested in more unusual species in Australia :) this one found recently in Victoria with a couple of other SABers I'm hoping to track the occurrence of these mushrooms to see how north they can be found.

I'm hoping to track the occurrence of these mushrooms to see how north they can be found.

But having said that I haven't done as much venturing out as Id like :P

Hi mesq. How do I get a pic of your find on my mobile? I was interested to read about the P.semilanceata find in Victoria on shroomery.

If it wasn't for the attitude on New England about sheep farms and people tresspassing I'd have a look too. From Ebor to Armidale I'd like to check for P.semilanceata. Certainly cold enough.

Might be surprising. Ben Lomond which stands 1550 meters just south of Glen Innes might be worth a try.

Barrington tops besides finding small clear rubies and gold could be home to a psilocybe species.

Even where I live there are mountains close by that go up to 1400 meters. It would take lifetimes for one person.

We need a dedicated bunch of those who seek the flesh of the gods Australia wide.

It might take a few years but the number of recorded psilocybe species in this country could double.

Hi mesq. How do I get a pic of your find on my mobile? I was interested to read about the P.semilanceata find in Victoria on shroomery.

If it wasn't for the attitude on New England about sheep farms and people tresspassing I'd have a look too. From Ebor to Armidale I'd like to check for P.semilanceata. Certainly cold enough.

Might be surprising. Ben Lomond which stands 1550 meters just south of Glen Innes might be worth a try.

Barrington tops besides finding small clear rubies and gold could be home to a psilocybe species.

Even where I live there are mountains close by that go up to 1400 meters. It would take lifetimes for one person.

We need a dedicated bunch of those who seek the flesh of the gods Australia wide.

It might take a few years but the number of recorded psilocybe species in this country could double.

I like the cut of your gib mate ... I can send a hi res version of the pic when I get my phone again :)

ThunderIdeal I got a bit sidetracked yesterday.

I didn't know there were that many kinds of couchgrass.

The farmer who ran cattle on my property at Topaz had planted or sown the big bladed grass.

I don't think couch would be much of a cattle fodder.

I think it's just an invasive weed. I've read that P.semilanceata feeds off its roots so maybe P.mystery does as well.

Where this mushroom grew thick the couch would start to die back.

Hope that helps.

Thanks mesq. There is you some SABers and me.

I reckon we could each find another 2 species each.

Fellow I've known since 1986 keeps telling me they just appear out of no where when I go hunting with him.

I try to tell him it goes from being a thought about action to an instinctive action over time.

Maybe I get a little bit of help from my friends too.

How about you?

after thinking about it for a bit, the relevance of the couch was that the mushrooms could actually be spied wheres they became totally hidden in the lusher species.

i think my job here was to help facilitate a bit of attention for you and that seems to have happened so i'll leave this thread to the experts.

I better leave too.

There is so much to learn from nature.

All the systems interacting that we perceive then bombastically write about to seek credit for something that could never be understood by our reason which works off really dense energy.

Thanks ThunderIdeal. Just remember the truth is multifaceted. Two reasons why P.mystery fruits on couch grass are but the tip of the iceberg.

An observation about couchgrass.

As a child I would watch my mum curse and carry on about the couch in her rockery.

Our front lawn was couch so either by seed or root I guess it would find its way in there.

I'd see her pulling other grasses no problem but that couch and its roots gave her a hard time.

When I was older I remember cutting my fingers on it because it didn't want to be pulled out.

Back to P.mystery and couch.

1 - It grows there because it is just easier to see there.

2 - It forms a sapotropic relationship with the grass roots as obtuse will concur.

3 - The roots form a dense mat which is a valuable asset for mycellium to spread vis the moisture.

It would seem REASONABLE to say all three explanations have their merits.

Reason misses the point every time for if we empty our mind of reason the mushrooms will find us.

mysubtleascention I'm just implying that I sm not an expert so therefore I should leave the thread as well.

But then I thought what the heck this couchgrass is getting to me so I'll try and untangle the root of the mystery it represents.

when i said i'll leave it to the experts i simply meant folk with strong ID experience which you clearly have.

green couch is one of the worst weeds. spreads by seed, stolon and rhizome, the rhizomes are especially difficult to remove.

Thanks ThunderIdeal.

Trying to type a description in mycology about some unknowns.

I'm using my phone to do it. In the end I'm seeing double. The photos eased my eyes though.