The Corroboree
mystical oyster

do you think this graft will take?

So i needed cash bad, so i grafted a pach crest and put it on ebay immediately with the high hopes it would take. Today it sold, so i checked my graft. And it dont look good, but it isnt falling off either, it seems to be somewhat taken, but the edge lifted and left a little gap, and when you hold it to the light, there is an air pocket under it. Is there a chance it has taken. Or nah, do it again? Thanks

post-11944-0-65044100-1409652338_thumb.j

post-11944-0-83132100-1409652382_thumb.j

post-11944-0-65044100-1409652338_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-83132100-1409652382_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-65044100-1409652338_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-83132100-1409652382_thumb.jpg

Blah dumb question! Pretty certain it failed, but thats ok, the buyer will take it ungrafted. And i will compensate the inconvenience

I saw this one on eBay. Some down ward pressure for about a week and a few weeks of 'gently gently' and it sound have been ok. I guess the new owner will grow it on its own roots.

Hi Oyster, dont think it will take as is. Buyer will need to root or regraft. My Advice is to never sell a fresh cut as there are too many things that can happen. Ebay has become very cunty with their Sellers these days.

also, don't you have to cut the ribs diagonally for that sort of graft?

grafting-8.jpg

You don´t necessarily have to but it increases Success Rates tremendously! It helps to avoid having your Graft being pushed from the stock by new Pups and works as a water drainage.

Edited by Evil Genius

also as the scion dries, i can create uneven surface, so taking the sides helps this

some even cut the stock weeks before hand, and let it dry, and shrivel, then do a 2nd fresh cut when ready to graft (as said by Trout at EGA)

• Like 2