The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yawning Man

Pooping Stones

Just a random tidbit of information....

I have ulcerative colitis and have had two colonoscopies.

Standard procedure for an operation at 1pm wednesday

Monday night stop eating.

Tuesday you can drink water, have a cup of juice during the morning and some tea cake, no other foods. In the afternoon take a good supply of prescribed laxatives to clean yourself out.

Wednesday morning you go into admission and have to drink a few litres of a laxative/electrolyte fluid, how much depends on the severity of constipation you may have. The second time I went in there they told me to drink 8 Litres of the stuff. I took it up with the nurse and they told me my chart said I was heavily constipated... which I wasn't. They knocked it back down to 2 litres like the first time I went in.

Anyway then you have a few hours of running to the toilet till you're pretty much pissing out of your arse. It's fucking fast too, you drink and in a few minutes have to race to the toilet expelling a clear liquid with tiny amounts of poop, until it's all clear.

Anyway, the strangest thing I thought about all this was that after the second colonoscopy was over I didn't shit for 7 days. On the 5th day of not shitting I went to a doctor who said that was normal but to humour me ordered an x-ray, the x-ray showed that air bubbles were still passing through my colon so my colon was not blocked and eventually i'd have a movement, which I did 2 days later on the 7th day.

Crazy shit!

This was a really long winded way of saying if you flush yourself completely it's not unusual apparently not to poop for a week afterwards :/ You don't get stomach discomforts though thankfully.

some people i know, are on some prescription drugs, which cause the same problems, but smoking a bit of weed, just keeps them going regular.

Someone mentioned Imodium earlier on - it can be nasty stuff.

I had a family member who was prescribed some for a case of the runs, and she ended up with systemic urticaria. Imagine an all-over raging mosquito bite with the same intensity of itchiness per unit area of skin. She begged and begged for pain relief, but all she was given by the doctor was advice to get some Pinetarsol and to soak in a bath.

It took two days to subside - compared to the adverse reaction having the runs was a picnic.

I just read somewhere that Chinese herbalists use 3 or 4 morning glory seeds I'm assuming most any Ipomea species to cure constipation. At that dose the bowl should be moving and the carpet shouldn't.