The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

I'll probably be able to give a bunch of people a lift from Sydney or the Blue Mountains... Lemme know if you're interested.

jeez, sounds good. Who knows if i will be back in sydney soon...

If you are, we should organise a pyjama party at my penthouse.

Btw I have a spanky new Yamaha genny we can use if someone can bring some type of tune playing appliance.

I have a new system, and can get some lights and lasers and dj's like last year if your all keen. How many kva is that genny mate?

Mind if some of my doof crew tag along again? They will provide fun times and i can vouch for the awesome friendliness of them all.

Do we want mini doof or just a chilled camp?

Mini doof + chilled camp = Oberon camp.

Bring the crew....

Bring the love....

Bring the DJ's......the roasts.......and all the village carry on.

Its 2012, lets have the most beautiful happening.

The forest is waiting for us...we have paid our dues...it knows we are staunch....

and it will provide

An all star crew....with all the business....

the oberon camp is the spirit of Corroboree manifest

its a fucking big forest.....room for everyone.

• Like 5

Don't some of your village want to kill me? Id be keen for a more Sab oriented who ha, but I could go either way.

Don't some of your village want to kill me? Id be keen for a more Sab oriented who ha, but I could go either way.

Edit, actually I'm down for whateva. Just noting that personally I liked the original Sab Oberon who ha's the first two, but that's just me, and the Oberon camp is not about me, I'm camping there most weekends anyhow, so yeah whatever the Sab people's want, I mean we could always have a more intimate Sab camp AND a village inc extravaganza.

Edited by incognito

What sorta timeframe are we looking at for this?

If someone could give me a lift from an airport i could probably fly over just for the fun of it.

Yay! Looking forward to it.. i could do an airport pick up I suppose? Pm me about it..

• Like 1

Just noting that personally I liked the original Sab Oberon

Cos you had Nashy's fur to snuggle into to keep you warm?

Well i guess we have to set a date, i think the season might be early this year, but easter is also a month earlier than normal. Any other thoughts?

Please someone abduct and bring along nashy!

• Like 1

Aww hell yeah. Always look forward to our yearly camping trip. So many fond memories - stomping in the pine forests, Lactarius breakfasts, reindeers, huntsman brew, bread filters, and all the rest.

The season is gonna be starting well early this year. It was an early start last year but me and my mate reckon even earlier this year. Keeping an eye on temperature and rainfall data and wouldn't be surprised if first fruits start in 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

Oh and I'm putting my vote to 'chilled camp'... The first two years of the Jenolan camp were awesome and I walked away feeling like I did some healing, and had an amazing mood for weeks afterwards. I seldom walk away from parties or doofs feeling refreshed.

But hey, that's just me. If everyone wants to do the mini-doof thing it's no biggie, I'll no doubt spend another weekend or two this season camping up there with mates to get my chill on.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-
  • Like 1

I'm definately keen to come along and meet some new people.

Getting out into nature is something I want to do more of this year.

Big weekends seem to take me a long time to recover from so a chill weekend sounds good to me but will go with the flow......

You're not wrong on the early season call there Indigo. Look what I found in suburban coastal Sydney two days ago:

slippery1.jpg

slippery2.jpg

12 healthy Slippery Jacks (Suillus granulatus) under a Radiata pine!

These guys don't show up, in Oberon, until mid to late autumn! In Sydney, one occasionally finds them in July! And it's mid-February! What the fuck?!

Perhaps we could send a scout or two out in mid-March to do some recon work in the Jenolan area and get a feel for the season. Anyone local-ish want to volunteer?

• Like 3

I'll probably be able to give a bunch of people a lift from Sydney or the Blue Mountains... Lemme know if you're interested.

If thats the case then im definately down! :)

Perhaps we could send a scout or two out in mid-March to do some recon work in the Jenolan area and get a feel for the season. Anyone local-ish want to volunteer?

I may have time to do a scout mission. If I don't have time to head all the way there I'll check out one of the closer mountain sites, they're usually pretty good indicators.

hey all! i'd love to join the band wagon on this one but depends on the date.. ill keep posted for sure!

i did a google on the jenolan caves and had a chuckle when i saw this webpage load and i quote "jenolan caves magic happens here" i mean seriously how can i not say no to that!

http://www.jenolancaves.org.au/

I'll keep watch of this topic for a date to pop up. I'll definitely come if it doesn't clash with uni.

Marcel - That's the least slippery looking slippery jack I've ever seen lol. Wow - so if those are growing down here already then it's gonna be on in a few weeks.

I'll no doubt head up Mountains way in the next 2-3 weeks with some mates for a scout and a bush walk. Should go and check out a friend's new place up there anyways.

• Like 1