The Corroboree
Torsten

Forum upgrade happening in the next few days.

there is bound to be some outage or funkiness going on at the time, so don't freak out!

patch notes?

holy shit when???

im gonna freak out

if something happens with that crest im trying do bid on hahhaha

:unsure:

Is the upgrade going to include the ibEeconomy software ?

I've seen another forum running IP Board where they did an upgrade and they added the ibEconomy (I'm not sure if it's an option or has to be purchased separately) at the same time without knowing the full implications and several members abused it on the first day.

They ended up disabling a most of the ibEconomy features.

Then there's the IP Nexus but that's more for retailers from what I can see.

Does this mean the Forum will be temporally down at some point?:unsure:

Thanks for the warning Torsten.

Yo, can soundcloud be included in the upgrade?

Haha, I knew you would say that :lol:

• Like 1

The forum may be down for minutes or even a couple of hours - depending on whether there are problems. It's a pretty big forum, so some upgrade functions have to be done by support or by the host. I don't expect any problems, but welll, you know.....

I am not going to speculate on additional functions yet, but yes, this upgrade is a good time to add some stable extras. Not right away as I have to make sure the update is trouble free for a week or two before adding things [if the upgrade has problems then IPB does a reinstall, which means any time spent on apps/hooks will be wasted].

I have no intentions of merging webstore with forum. You obviously missed the bit where we put the shop onto a separate domain some time ago to make sure they are at arms length of each other.

However, I am considerign adding a classifieds app to the forum as this would be a neater way for regular sellers to offer their wares. The trading forum would then only be for non-cash trades, while the classifieds would be for both cash and non-cash. I am still thinking about that one though.

Slybacon, I am considering adding the 'BrokenRecord' app which automatically makes nagging posts invisible ;) [na, seriously I appreciate your persistence. The core has just been so buggy that i knew we would have to upgrade at some stage. It is now really stable, so this is a good time to invest some time into improving the place].

Ahhh! I'm freakin' out! Everything's different! :o

It's like the forum is tripping!

Help!

I can't handle change!

However, I am considerign adding a classifieds app to the forum as this would be a neater way for regular sellers to offer their wares. The trading forum would then only be for non-cash trades, while the classifieds would be for both cash and non-cash. I am still thinking about that one though.

How long till this comes into effect T ? Does this mean i dont have to continually clog the forums with trade threads ?

Sounds like a good idea to me !

Love ya work man !

for reasons I can't grasp the forum software uses a different css everytime they upgrade, so every time I have to work out all the goddamn colours. that's one of the reasons I avoid upgrades. On the other hand, it gives me an opportunity to tweak colours a little. It won't be staying blue, that's for sure.

But colour is not my main concern. the upgrade failed several times and even the final upgrade got interrupted 5 times, so there is a good chance of functional problems. I want to wait a couple of days to make sure things are OK.

Tipz - I'll test the classifieds in the next couple of weeks probably. There are things to consider such as moderation/supervision, so when it goes up it will definitely be a test first. And yes, the reasoning is that the trade forum is getting too busy. I figured that those who want to sell stuff would be better off having a dedicated classifieds system.

Fuck me dead, Torsten. Thanks so much for all this effort to keep our rumpus room looking spick and span. We appreciate it more than you know.

You're a good fellow.

• Like 3

"It won't be staying blue, that's for sure."

But please can it at least not be so many shades of orange, beige, green and yellow?

It is like a clown threw up on the monitor.

Maybe tell a designer the color scheme you want and let them have a go at it?

I've just noticed that the new system "like this" is not anonymous like the old plus-minus system, the person who gets liked receives a notification with details of who liked what.

I'd just like to say to anyone that has "liked" my posts this week there has been a problem with my bank so the funds may not clear until Thursday next week.

Everything should be back to normal after Christmas. :P

But please can it at least not be so many shades of orange, beige, green and yellow?

It is like a clown threw up on the monitor.

I wonder if that is one of the aboriginal dreamtime stories: "... and then a magical clown-being threw up all over the place and created our sared ochres and our rich red sands."

I guess we could make it like all the other forums. Now that would be something.

Green? how long have you been a member here? we've never been green. We have always been australian earth colours [with the occasional blue artefact thrown in via the software upgrades].

Maybe tell a designer the color scheme you want and let them have a go at it?

I am actually seriously considering that. It will still be australian colours though. No, I don't mean blue, red and white, but rather the shades of our soils.

• Like 3

I've just noticed that the new system "like this" is not anonymous like the old plus-minus system, the person who gets liked receives a notification with details of who liked what.

I'd just like to say to anyone that has "liked" my posts this week there has been a problem with my bank so the funds may not clear until Thursday next week.

Everything should be back to normal after Christmas. :P

Its actually pretty funny seeing some of the old posts and who gave a thumbs up !

I doubt i would have been so trigger happy with the +1 button if i had have known they would be publicly visible :blush:

is the public liking a problem? do I need to turn it off.

I'd like to keep it on, but I do understand if the expected anonymity of the past is an issue. can you unlike something you have liked [ie remove the likes that embarrass you]?

edit: answered my own question. yes, you can unlike.

Na, i actually think its a good thing. it will probably save a lot of me too type posts .

:P Ill stand by my +1's

• Like 1

my album, but if you click the pic's, some are not there ( red diagonal cross). http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&user=70 this one for example: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=galleryℑ=2239 so some photos got lost.

i had a good look, but can't find the function, which could set a gallery image as avatar.

Edited by planthelper

ph, how many pics should be in that album you ahve linked? I get 30 on the first page and 4 on the second page. No red crosses.

however if I click on the image you have linked, I get no image. Firefox might render thins differently to other browsers [not sure what you are using], so I may not be seeing any place holders for missing pics.

Anyone else missing pics?

i had a good look, but can't find the function, which could set a gallery image as avatar.

did we have this before? I always had to upload my avatar separately.

in any event, it would be pretty rare for somebody to have a gallery image that is SMALL ENOUGH to be permissible as an avatar.

i'm guessing unlikes show up in notifications too :) but yeah, just unlike anything if you are worried about it.

quite a lot of the historic "likes", i think you will find, were actually cases of "this doesnt deserve to be negged"

i think tipz is right, by showing WHO the likes were, it saves us from making posts just to say "yeah! that's what i reckon too! fucken aye! right on brother!"

is the public liking a problem? do I need to turn it off.

I'd like to keep it on, but I do understand if the expected anonymity of the past is an issue. can you unlike something you have liked [ie remove the likes that embarrass you]?

I have used the pos' button in the past to neutralize a post. It doesn't necessarily mean i liked it, i just didn't think it deserved a neg :blush:.

This all so new :)

in any event, it would be pretty rare for somebody to have a gallery image that is SMALL ENOUGH to be permissible as an avatar.

no, it actualy, self resized (the forum software) the pic as avatar!!!