The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dollarjuice

This is why I hate humanity

If you guys see someone litter do you call them out? If you do they might be embarrassed, though they might just be defensive and tell you to fuck off they might be less inclined to do it in future. Alternatively, if you're a bigger / more aggressive type, you could grab their rubbish, chase them down and force it into their mouth. Be sure to move on quickly after this though it's almost definitely assault (justified) :)

lol...i just enjoy throwing people's lit cigarette butts back into their car or handbag...

teljkon i doubt a can being in your car empty counts as having an open container of alcohol. i collect people's beer cans and put them in my car till i find a recycling bin all the time. also my dad told me when i was little that since your car is your property, you can drink in it. ...probably not true huh

Sad to see people treat that road like that.

Something that really bothers me is that on the island I live on, there is no form of recycling! There's over 300 odd people who live here! But no form of recycling! It annoys me intensely. But I try to do my bit by taking all the milk bottles, pepsi bottles etcetera out of the rubbish rinsing em' out and using them for plant pots later down the road.

lol...i just enjoy throwing people's lit cigarette butts back into their car or handbag...

Cant coment on your laws I do know mine how ever for the US. Even if your not drinking a open can is a crime.

Sad to see people treat that road like that.

Something that really bothers me is that on the island I live on, there is no form of recycling! There's over 300 odd people who live here! But no form of recycling! It annoys me intensely. But I try to do my bit by taking all the milk bottles, pepsi bottles etcetera out of the rubbish rinsing em' out and using them for plant pots later down the road.

that is completely, 100% shithouse. totally unacceptable. i would have thought that was illegal?? if i were you i would be calling the council every single day until they did something about it. completely shameful.

that is completely, 100% shithouse. totally unacceptable. i would have thought that was illegal?? if i were you i would be calling the council every single day until they did something about it. completely shameful.

That's my views as well. "100% shithouse", it's really surprises me especially being from NZ I'm really green. It shocked me that they would do something like this, I've tried to get information out of them pertaining to this but no luck so far. I only hope that the rubbish is gone through for recyclables before being tossed in the tip. :angry:

That's my views as well. "100% shithouse", it's really surprises me especially being from NZ I'm really green. It shocked me that they would do something like this, I've tried to get information out of them pertaining to this but no luck so far. I only hope that the rubbish is gone through for recyclables before being tossed in the tip. :angry:

surely that would be the best thing for most places to do. ordinary citizens are generally shit at figuring out what is recyclable and what is not. even though it's usually written on the thing...idiots. however i have noticed in some generally rubbishy areas around melbourne (like the beer capital, richmond) the rubbish bins have a sticker saying 'rubbish placed in this bin will be sorted for recycling'. this is good because they have obviously figured out that drunkards are just going to put their bottles everywhere so they might as well just accept that and then have competent people sort it later.

i actually really wanted this job i saw advertised as a recycling sorter but 23 an hour wasnt worth getting up to start at 5.... :unsure:

I worked for a short time hanging off the back of a garbage truck about 25 years ago as a second job for a private waste management business, and even back then there was an automated sorting method for recyclabes. Seem to remember at the dumping depot that the rubbish was tipped onto a conveyer belt, and a light detector determined the plastics, which triggered a shot of high pressure air to push it off the belt and away from the general waste.

I reckon they must be doing something to recycle your rubbish EH, even if residents don't see it.

Tripsis is right about India- the biggest filth on earth; a sad indictment of humanity and industrial-consumer society. I seem to recall something about a bridge collapse in Israel at a sporting event. A number of athletes wound up in the Jordan River, and many died from poisoning. Scary. But we cant blame anybody or industry , we are ALL guilty and continue to buy all this manufactured crap, then dump it later.But we're all caught in a trap now, and there is no escape. Personally, I believe the warnings and prophesies of the Old Testament are coming true , and electricity is the Old T biblical "serpent" , and it has all happened before , and will do so again. Meanwhile we are reaching for the stars, Looking for another world to live on [and do it all again ]. Industrial society exploded after the advent of electricity, and we can never generate all we need without burning fossil fuel or uranium. I am not a religious person, and believe ALL religions are but runaway legends, nevertheless , the Old Test has some really curious verses. . One I especially like is " the Lord lives in a tender plant and a root from dry ground " [ Syrian Rue and Mimosa ? ] Another warning about "the end of the days" is in Daniel 12 said to occur when " many will run to and fro and knowledge will increase." Meanwhile, the masses are relying on the New Testament to save us..... Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade.....

well if you have a remote town with a harbour, you may find that the power station for the town and its industry runs on crude delivered by tankers. in fact, the machines that pump crude from the ground often run on crude. seems silly but at least one person thinks it makes sense (probably from a dollar point of view).

i'm not trying to be argumentative but i wonder if from an environmental perspective, in some instances it makes more sense NOT to recycle? you need more trucks or different trucks, heaps of big plastic bins, boats and trucks cruising around with a payload of trash... i was under the impression that there are heaps of places in australia where recycling doesn't exist.

brisbane never used to have rubbish collection. i remember everybody having incinerators in their back yard when i was growing up.

I worked for a short time hanging off the back of a garbage truck about 25 years ago as a second job for a private waste management business, and even back then there was an automated sorting method for recyclabes. Seem to remember at the dumping depot that the rubbish was tipped onto a conveyer belt, and a light detector determined the plastics, which triggered a shot of high pressure air to push it off the belt and away from the general waste.

I reckon they must be doing something to recycle your rubbish EH, even if residents don't see it.

I would like to hope so, it would be shameful to do otherwise.

well if you have a remote town with a harbour, you may find that the power station for the town and its industry runs on crude delivered by tankers. in fact, the machines that pump crude from the ground often run on crude. seems silly but at least one person thinks it makes sense (probably from a dollar point of view).

i'm not trying to be argumentative but i wonder if from an environmental perspective, in some instances it makes more sense NOT to recycle? you need more trucks or different trucks, heaps of big plastic bins, boats and trucks cruising around with a payload of trash... i was under the impression that there are heaps of places in australia where recycling doesn't exist.

brisbane never used to have rubbish collection. i remember everybody having incinerators in their back yard when i was growing up.

i always think it is better to recycle. whilst doing so might cost carbon pollution (though im pretty sure the savings still outweigh this though, making new things costs a LOT more than recycling old), that can be rectified. the fact that this resource has been wasted and won't be reused can't be. until the days in the future where we have to dig through the tips to find all the useful things we threw out. i know people already do this, but i reckon it will soon have to happen on a massive scale if we keep up our wasteful ways.

Our way of life in industrial society is simply not sustainable in the long term .

SA has the right idea. There are sooo many people that go through public bins finding bottles so that they can make 10c.

If you spend a week of nights in one spot near a bin you'll see quite a variety of people coming to sort through it for recyclables.

EXACTLY!! why doesnt every state have this system?? its ridiculous! personally i know i could easily go out and make 500 bucks in a day from the shit lying around...stupid government.