The Corroboree
DiscoStu

what's wrong with this world?

in a material universe there must always be black and white, shades of grey. Good happens to the Bad and bad happens to the Good. The human specie is part of nature and we will ALWAYS fuck up in some way or other. We're not perfect; we're not supposed to be. It's hard not to want people to stop doing stupid shit but that's a waste of potentially positive energy. I'm over getting annoyed about the media coverage differences between a siege in Aus when dozens of children were killed on the other side of the world. My partner and I went on a snorkelling cruise near port douglas the other day. What a wonderful time we had! Yet, a young man who'd been out spearfishing with his mate and been bitten by a shark died on the back of our boat which had gone to rescue. I sent heartfelt loving energy and smiles to those who knew him and loved him. And I went about my day. Had I continued to grieve I would have wasted away. That's just how I deal with things. Then yesterday we drove back to Cairns to fly home and found out about all those poor children stabbed. I don't feel like I've quite reconciled what has happened lately (more than what I've mentioned also), with what an incredible time I've had in/around Queenstown and Port Douglas, but the overwhelming senses is that That's Life. And it's always a wonderful time to be alive.

• Like 8

woah i saw a short thing about that young guy on the news. i had a moment when i saw it, it so starkly put in perspective the ridiculous media coverage of the sydney thing on the same day that i was already cringing about.. Thats so crazy that happened on your boat :o

i think i'm (almost) over being annoyed at the buffoonery too.. Thanks for that post FP, very real & insightful words!

I still think the world is fine.. we are in no position to destroy it, after all it created itself!

cheers and optimism...

for someone at my position, it will not always easy to say this::

the best shit , we haven't live those yet..

but yeah I am like this , can find a 1000 arguements for seeing the glass half-full and not half-empty.

• Like 1

the only thing wrong with this world is the search function here x]

... which way to the grafting class please?

,... but since I landed here... I may as well scroll up and have a read...

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

I think we all know whats wrong with this world...

It hows we define ourselves against a backdrop of unimaginable bad and unimaginable good that will determine how much enjoyment we get out of life in our dirty playground.

I cringe, cry and bleed empathy at the woes of this world but I also celebrate every high natural or chemical.

As Fancy Pants says 'Its a wonderful time to be alive'.

Getafix

• Like 3

Orwell termed that kind of media saturation "protective stupidity" that which corrupts political life and divests language of its critical content, certainly an apt summary of our mainstream media heh.

If you mean the world as in the earth than i certainly would agree Mutant although civilization is a more vicarious beast more now so than ever before.

The recent assault on the commons ( scraping mining tax / privatization / funding cuts to stifle opinion/accountability etc ) and attempts at breaking the social contract ( especially of the most vulnerable in society) anti protest & association laws ( which can and will be used at authorities discretion ) should really stand as strong indications of the interests and direction policy makers wish to steer us, ideology is considered good policy and anti intellectualism the norm, not really anything new per se but certainly becoming more blatant. Some of the other western democracies well the conservatives in power anyway seem to all be moving in sync.

Edited by -YT-
  • Like 5

Orwell nailed it down with 1984 [[[on "divesting language of its critical content"]

If they control the language, they can control the masses consciousness... And its working.

egoism is a 'bad word', reformism also. So we banish the bad words, or condemn them to be used only in a negative context.

Bad use of language transforms our way of thinking. Smaller vocabulary usually reveals lack of education, but proper use of any vocabulary is more important than using lots of words.

So we are free to choose from a variety of fruit juice flavours! That's how free we are!

PS: Getafix, FancyPants said its ALWAYS a good time to be alive, and not particularly now.

I am not sure if this would be the case if we were born in some African or Muslim country, and women..

Its a nice time indeed, so much technology and information and we 're lucky enough to be one of the privileged ones...

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2