The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
frozenthunderbolt

Looking for Damiana seed

Anyone have some that they are will to share swap or sell - im in NZ.

Cheers

Alternatively has anyone bought Damiana; (Turnera diffusa), as herbage from Trademe or shops online and noticed seeds in it?

There's almost always seeds in Damiana herbage. No idea if they're viable or not.

• Like 1

You should be able to spot them in the bag before you buy it, they're small 1-2mm bean looking things.

As far as I know, there are at least 2 types of damiana, the much more expensive, more psychoactive Turnera aphrodisiaca, and the cheaper, less psychoactive Turnera diffusa, which is often used as a base for herbal incense, so make sure you check that out.

• Like 1

I've been looking for this myself since I found it at a local herb shop and have had nothing but wonderful nocturnal activities since :wink:

Looking backwards at past threads on this subject it seems that we are shit out of luck. Live plants can't be exported from Mexico (its classed as a national treasure) and the seeds if you get them - my bag has none, have a super super low germ rate.

I also think that there are three types of damiana, but Turnera diffusa and Turnera aphrodisiaca are the same thing (and the one we all want).

That being said, those post are all quite old, so I'm hoping someone out there has some. I'm really keen to get my hands on a plant!

Good luck thunderbolt!

this plant is almost impossible to keep alive, all mine died over winter, other people reported the same, not worth the effort...

I'm going to give it a go commercially in central west nsw. I think my climate will be better suited- we shall see

Edit- gonna do a trial with a dozen plants and see how they go for a couple of seasons before we try something commercial.

- hell yes it's more effective fresh.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

That's a shame PH,

I wonder if it is more effective fresh.

Good luck incog; if you do get some up an running I'll be placing an order asap!

• Like 1

this plant is almost impossible to keep alive, all mine died over winter, other people reported the same, not worth the effort...

mine r going well. like calea semi shade and water in summer. full sun and dry in winter

• Like 1

Bought a kilo of the herbage (for $20 - a steal compared to what i've seen it advertised for elsewhere - but definitely the real deal) gone through maybe 50-100gms of it so far and have a couple of dozen seeds to try that look decent, and more that look a bit immature.
I'll keep you posted if i have any success at germination :-)