The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

As per previous years..... Who's keen?

Yes! I put my hand up (your pants).

Edited by Marcel

Just had a look at last years thread, and I'm definitely keen if its an open invite to Sabers!

I am so there,and yes I have been thinking about it,I am being called already,

the subs will be early this year with the wacky weather.

And who doesent want to sample 2012 sub spirit !!!!

THey are going to be the ticket to getting on all the big rides.

It will be that present before we know it.

• Like 1

All sabers and partners more than welcome. Just a note that in past we have had kids camp as well, so a bit of respect in that concern is very appreciated. It's cold enough to die from, so yeah save ur penny's and buy the warmest clothing and camp gear u can. I'm looking forward to it. Have a few new hot spots I can show y'all.

• Like 1

Campfire, yeah?

May i ask where abouts this normaly takes place? or round a bout..? If its cool and i can make it to the location can i come?

Yeah man über campfire. Long johns are a hood investment. -3 to -5 is norm at night. Camp is at Oberon near jenolan caves nsw.

Oberon pine forests area, as per the thread's title. It's out west of the Blue Mountains, probably about 2.5 - 3 hours from Sydney.

yeah sorry, i didnt realise it was a name of a place :P thought it was something else

• Like 1

I camped in the area a few years ago, in June, and thought I was going to die. And I can stand some pretty cold environments. I've camped some pretty cold camps in my time; it was worse than Kosciuszko in June or Upstate New York in December :o . I'm a bit nervous, but Incog and Col in the same place at the same time is not something I'd want to pass up. Yee ha!

Yeah I thought I was going to die the first time I camped there. Especially when the funghi is in effect. I could literally feel every organ in my body start to chill. Next year I bought a 250 dollar thermal sleeping bag, which keeps u warm to -10. Best money I have ever spent. Thermal long johns will set u back around 60 bums, I like the Sherpa brand. I'm lookin forward to you educating me about the edibles that grow there marcel, and having a stiff scotch with col. Seriously don't worry bout asking if u can come if ur a member here, would be great to meet y'all.

Ps I heard a rumour a tank of the funniest stuff may be coming along.

• Like 1

No fucking way!

I.would.love.to.come.when.is.it?

Yes the Canberra connection....the missing link.

It would be great to see you again.

Not sure yet. Anytime excluding school hols is good for me. Around same time as last yrs one, the mountains where certainly cranking.

only a 10 hr drive away can't be that bad :P depends on the time of year would love to meet some new faces probably saw a few people around at ega was a lil anti-social but I wasn't in the best head space still am not but am getting better its a lil easier surrounding myself with good poeople. good vibes and good plants :) I would like to road trip down to victoria and check out mt buffalo a bit better had lil look after ega but was cut short because of our flight I'll just keep my eye on this thread for a date

peace

dan

• Like 1

Incognito is much much friendlier in person than he seems to be on the forums :P

Wish I could make it!

THey are going to be the ticket to getting on all the big rides.

Really cracked me up

I'm probably due for another one - another tentative Yes for me.

I can hardly breathe! :wub:

It's not an oberon camp without u wt :)

I'm rather excited to b spending time with u again! I'm keen to do a few camp ovens. Camping food is the bomb. Jdanger PROMISED me he will be attending I rock the marshmallows again.

As was stated above I had to take a look at previous years threads. Looks rather epic. You guys wouldn't mind another noob tagging along? :blush:

How many days do you all usually stay out there?

I'm hoping to make it along this year.

Will be great meet everyone B)

2 nights is enough before hot showers beckon. Hillbilly was talking about camPing down closer to the caves. I'll wait until he chimes in to discuss.