The Corroboree
Nezahualcoyotl

Smoke that Taste like Tobacco... but isn't...

I am looking for something to smoke that tastes like tobacco but doesn't have nicotine. I'm looking for something to cut my ciggerettes with... I know all about wild dagga, lotus, etc. but I am looking for something that tastes and smokes a bit like tobacco (also looking for something that doesn't have nasty chemicals in it that I can smoke daily and not worry about). Any ideas?

Edited by ballzac

Do an A/B on the tobacco you have, discard the alks (nicotine) and then wash the fuck out of your plant material and dry it.
Nic free bacco.

• Like 3

Haha I'd prefer something that grows naturally that I don't have to alter (except by drying/curing).

Are there any strains of tobacco that are low/no-nicotine? If not somebody should make one!

But where is the money in that? A government would surely never legalise tobacco without nicotine

• Like 1

...looking for something that doesn't have nasty chemicals in it that I can smoke daily...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but smoke and nasty chemicals go hand in hand no matter what the substance is. Human lungs just ain't designed to be filled with the exhaust products of combustion.

• Like 1

Commercial tobacco is sometimes flavoured with molasses - you know those brands that smell like delicious fruit cake when you open the pouch? If you like this flavour you could try spraying your herbs with diluted molasses & then re-drying. But as gtarman said, don't go thinking that just removing the nicotine from the equation makes it healthy.

• Like 1

Nicotine is the best part of the plant, it's a stimulant, a mood stabilizer, and an appetite suppressant, what's the point in smoking if it doesn't do anything!?

To answer the question though, the native Americans mixed their baccy with loads of different plants, the best of which, imo, is raspberry leaf, which was very commonly used, sometimes it was even smoked by itself as a substitute for tobacco. Bearberry and lobelia were pretty common too.

Edited by Roopey
  • Like 1

Raspberry leaf and Bearberry sound like good ideas! Yes I realize smoking anything is bad but the nicotine makes me super dizzy and feel like crap.

maybe if you got some tissue paper and left it in the sun till it yellowed like tobacco that might suffice?

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

lol tastes like tobacco but isn't tobacco.... I think your after tobacco mate? That's like saying, what tastes like weed but doesn't get u high, well bad weed I guess... Maybe look for 1mg tobacco

• Like 3

Nezahualcoyotl,

I've edited a couple of your posts. Please keep the discussion legal. Just because something only has a mild effect when smoked doesn't mean it is legal to do so.

Ah about smoking aya'? Is that illegal? I'm in the US, pretty sure that is legal here.

Unless you're extremely clear about your location in your post or your "climate or location" field (and preferably in both), your post will be treated as though you are in Australia.

It's B. caapi, harmine and such, not DMT containing plants.

You also mentioned DMT containing plants.

you could try asking the plant very nicely to refrain from nicotinaceous behaviours ,

not had it work for me before tho

should i delete the post?

I missed that one :blush:

You can leave it if you want. I just wanted to step in early because discussion can get out of hand quickly (especially with newer member who may not be aware of the rules) and make it really difficult to moderate later on. I think the point has been made now.

ok cool

we're all new at least once usually i guess : 3