The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

Once the weatherzone.com website is putting Oberon max temps at <20 degrees, and min temps at <10 degrees, for 3 days running, and there's been plenty of rain, we're good to go!

Yeah a friend and I have been following the stats. We're already getting the lows below 10. So far this month the mean lowest temp is 10.0 and the mean high is 21.5 so I reckon 15-20 days till season starts is a conservative estimate.

Hot diggity!

I was up near Jenolan caves 2 weekends ago and had a look around but didn't see anything too interesting

Well,

I am fully up for a pre camping scout .

20 days is the weekend of the 17th

The weekend of the 24th should be guaranteed.

My calender is totally cleared for sub season.

Happy to give anyone a lift from say Parramatta to explore on any one of those Saturdays.

Or meet in a convoy somewhere.

Or meet up at the g spot.

PM me

So are we going to make the camp the easter weekend, or leave it in the air till we get season reports.

Easter weekend's likely to be quite busy (relatively speaking) up there. I know the Polish community is abuzz with excitement about this year's mushroom season and Easter weekend is a perennial favourite with those crazy bastards. That said I don't know where the G Spot is so wandering Polish grandmothers might not be an issue. Maybe the weekend after (weekend of the 14th and 15th of April) and we can be sure of fungal action and it's not too late in the season so temps will be a bit more manageable... Or earlier, if recon missions say "All Systems Go!"

It's crazy to think the subs will be out so soon from now. Last year was super early as it was - there were days when I would go bushwalking and photograph some subs, then drive 30 mins and photograph cubes and pan cyans.

Please don't plan it for qld Skool holidays

Wooh the 17th is my Birthday >.<

Might have to come along

Incog, when are the QLD school holidays? I'm sure we'd all be happy to work around them if it means having you there.

I have too much going on Easter weekend. Going overseas on the Monday for 2 weeks but don't let that stop anyone.

Would like to have a successful hunt as the last couple of times I've been I have come home with nothing :(

looks like i might be out this year guys. If anyone wants the system or genny or anything though Just give me a shout. Quite welcome to use it

Won't b the same without you bruz

damn HB :( i suppose i better bring a chainsaw in your absence. somebody might want to bring a tarp and poles too, in your absence. oh, and a few couches.

long weekend might be a bad idea. last year the mountains were crawling with muggles and we had to go down a slightly hairy track to get away from them (found a smooth track out though). the traffic out of sydney was pretty bad by all reports, i think i was the first to arrive in oberon and i came from another state.

• Like 1

I agree for it not to be on the Easter long weekend... But even if it is I can still probably make it as I agreed to go to my great aunt's 80th in Portland so I can force my folks to drive me there once family obligations are done since it's about 1hr drive away.

Can we all go to your great aunt's for her 80th too? I'll bring beer and nangs.

Ok, so since Incognito begged that we not plan this during QLD school holidays (which go from 31st of March to the 15th of April), and since he started this thread, and since he's hinting at some sort of tank of something funny, and since he's my lover, then I suggest we maybe work around these dates.

Also, Easter weekend is from the 6th to the 9th of April, and some of you prefer not to go that weekend.

We could go before the 31st of March, perhaps the weekend of the 24th and 25th of March?

Pros:

- a little bit warmer than later in season.

- not Easter weekend.

- smaller crowds

Cons:

- Too early in season and certain species won't be in abundance.

Another option is the 21st and 22nd of April.

Pros:

- More time for people to prepare

Cons:

- Colder!

I'm leaning toward 24th of March, but I'm flexible.

What say the rest of you?

Im happy to go when incog and Marcel can go. Just to get high on thier sexual tension.

What about you Watertrade what suits you best ?

Or when the most SABers can go.

24 march seems early ...but it is 2012 after all.

Like I said my calender is free for a month. Im ready NOW

I'll go to both.

Forward scouts reports in 2 weeks please.

• Like 1

any weekend from late march is good for me - as long as I have time to start putting some work in at home ;)

I'm happy to work around you guys and the weather. from a seasonal perspective I always found at least after a few frosts were a good time to head out.

I'm in. Any time other than easter weekend is good.

Also, if anyone is keen to document all the species we see, let me know and I will print out some recording sheets. Also, if the generator is there I might bring along a microscope.

I'm in. Any time other than easter weekend is good.

Also, if anyone is keen to document all the species we see, let me know and I will print out some recording sheets. Also, if the generator is there I might bring along a microscope.

I remember on the first Jenolan trip, MORG found a Cordiceps gunii specimen. Insect got pwnd.

• Like 1