The Corroboree
Joshie

Poppy Seeds

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have poppy seeds, heaps of them, and heaps of types. Hens and Chicks, Persian White, Tazzie's just to name a few. I hate the high prices that people charge so

mine are $2.50 for every 200 seeds plus postage. I look forward to making some people very happy,

• Like 1

owww....now this is a mighty 2nd post.... if you still have any in a fortnight ill buy 200 of each u have lol

• Like 1

Any pictures? of the seed or flower types?

I will post some pictures of some of last years flowers when I work out how to use the functions on this site more readily. The Persian White seeds are generally a sandy white colour. Other varieties vary from a blue/black seed to brown.

I have been fortunate enough to acquire a fairly decent quantity of seeds that were originally from Izmirs, regrown , and the rest as they say, is history. These will be available down the track for a slightly higher price.

At the moment I have Persian White seeds, Hen and Chicks, a giant white type that looks similar to the ones in Tasmania. Then I have a stock of 'doubles', pink and white ones. The colours are amazing. I am trying to work out how to add photo's as I am new to this site. The pink 'peony' poppies are fluorescent, the colour seems to get brighter each year! The white 'peony' poppies are big plants with big round bulbs, perfectly round, huge! Postage will vary depending on the size of your order and the way you would like your seeds to be delivered. I do not wish to make money from postage but must recoup the cost of stamp/s and the small cost of bubble wrap

post-11212-0-75864000-1331872966_thumb.jpost-11212-0-50451100-1331873005_thumb.jOkay, here goes, I press this and then I tweak that put my foot on the pedal, Lights Camera Action, I can only put two photo's up I don't know why, they were grown last year. The one on the right is the Hen and Chicks

post-11212-0-75864000-1331872966_thumb.jpg

post-11212-0-50451100-1331873005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joshie

post-11212-0-75864000-1331872966_thumb.jpost-11212-0-50451100-1331873005_thumb.jOkay, here goes, I press this and then I tweak that put my foot on the pedal, Lights Camera Action, I can only put two photo's up I don't know why, they were grown last year. The one on the right is the Hen and Chicks

post-11212-0-45702200-1331873378_thumb.j

post-11212-0-45702200-1331873378_thumb.jpg

post-11212-0-45702200-1331873378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joshie

Welcome man, and nice pics

Edited by Justler

dont think he grew them, they are a pesty plant, they just pop up bird dispersal shit pellet, meant to be widespread in tas and heard tales of if growing up the coast. Old plant so a lot of combined evolutionary human tweaks.

• Like 2

Aye, I have seen them pop up in well established area's and they are sure to come up every year!

I have never understood why there are so many poeple chasing "tassie" seeds. My understanding that almost all of them are the var. you mentioned.

• Like 2

I have thought of this dynamic also and found it strange. One would think that the strains people would want, if they are using them for the stuff inside them, would

be the one's from Afghanistan, Burma, etc. as they harvest the 'O' manually. I wonder if this makes a difference. Another 'urban legend' that amuses me is the 'OH

SO SCAREY' thebaine poppies!!! Occasionally somebody will ask me if I have these scarey poppies because they really, really don't want them. To the best of my

knowledge I can safely say that GMO'd patented seeds engineered to produce a high thebaine level would be kept 'in house' in a quarintine, not to be released to the

public. Then again, who's to say what's to say? I know who, the moderator!!! I have only been a part of this forum for a little while but I love it!

• Like 1

thats a very interesting question joshie, but surely if 40% the world's legal opiates come from tasmania there must be many strains grown there?

also welcome to the forum, i hope you read the rules thoroughly :wink:

The thebain strain is no myth and i suspect that it has reached the home garden. Its why i would never trust a tassie poppy!

In another post of mine recently - you cannot tell the difference when standing at the fence between chemovars.

Only morphine varieties hit the food seed market(bakery seed). No doubt some dumb shit will jump a fence one day.....

I have seen tourists jump the fences just to be photographed in the field of blooms, including right near the signage.

Thebaine varieties came into play because by international convention you can only convert x amount of codeine to thebaine, I am reliably told. Basically the 2 lines grown, not as much area as previous years as the growers did a good job and have flooded the markets. The trickery is done at the processing plants, a hell of a lot of compounds come out these things.

As aside I have seen fallow deer "on the nod" after munging on poppies, unable to jump fences - funniest thing I have witnessed for a long time... I live in the guts of the main cultivation area.

• Like 2

In another post of mine recently - you cannot tell the difference when standing at the fence between chemovars.

Only morphine varieties hit the food seed market(bakery seed). No doubt some dumb shit will jump a fence one day.....

I have seen tourists jump the fences just to be photographed in the field of blooms, including right near the signage.

Thebaine varieties came into play because by international convention you can only convert x amount of codeine to thebaine, I am reliably told. Basically the 2 lines grown, not as much area as previous years as the growers did a good job and have flooded the markets. The trickery is done at the processing plants, a hell of a lot of compounds come out these things.

As aside I have seen fallow deer "on the nod" after munging on poppies, unable to jump fences - funniest thing I have witnessed for a long time... I live in the guts of the main cultivation area.

WOW!!! That is interesting, mate!

People only chase "Tazzies" because of some belief in the mysterious little island that has a kick arse presence in international alkaloid production. "Tazzies" are not what they use to be....

Its a much of a muchness with most varieties, state of the art agronomy , climate, soils and industrial processing are the key areas to the industry success. A few years back growing the highest alkaloid yielding crops could win you a luxury car or holiday if a runner up!

Yes there have been deaths down here due to random grabbing of pods and brewing up teas. If you are down here - don't go there... (go to sleep - sleep forever). It is an industrial crop for industrial purposes.

WB

This is going on a year old...

I'm told supermarket seeds work well.