The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ace1928

Why is the world so fucked up right now?

Why is the world so fucked up right now?
Why and how can the shit that is going on keep going on?
Is the world retarded?
I can't deal with it. People are so fucking focused on the most trivial fucking things when there is so much shit going on in the world.

Why the fuck are peoples priorities so far out of whack? Are people really that stupid? Is it really possible?

Is there anything we can do to help?
Is there any way we can change it?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

The worlds fucked. It's getting worse

And the most bittersweet part of it all is that more and more incredibly good things keep popping up too. New technologies. New discoveries. Some good changes.

Yet it doesn't seem to be happening fast enough.

my world is perfect...

Where the hell are you living?
Under a rock?

the world is full of liars, manipulators, racists, and thieves and with all this the world and society will always remain "fucked up" but its all about how you perceive it, reality isnt what is but what you see, your brains best guess as to what it really is, we all fight for freedom yet the government wants the complete opposite, im not perfect and neither is my world but thats because ive made it that, if yours isnt either then there is a reason for that, and 9 times out of 10 its your own fault, with saying this it might not make sense to anyone but my but thats the only way i can put it from my mind?

oh by the way ace1928, im still wondering when my end of the trade we made will come through we made roughly 4 months back ? get back to me on that one when you can :rolleyes:

lol...wait until you get old :wink:

best advice is "lead by example"....Its more of what "I" can do

at least you have a choice....and not somewhere like N.Korea as one top place of an example.

There always has and has been shit going on in the world, media just informs us better.

Technology has been and will be always a problem when applied with reckless abandon....then there is the mindset of some that a technology will fix something so we keep tacking away until it happens.....

Hey I grew up with CFCs in all sorts of products and as a tenager the fridge mechanics I knew use to cool cans of beer down by spraying it cool it, now there is a fckn ozone hole near smack bang over me giving me full on UV doses......and probably melanoma

The world is not fckd .....yet..... and advice I gave a mate a while back "....you can't save 'em all bloke".

You cant save any of them
I am trying to do what I can to fix shit up. Thats why i study what I do and keep striving for better technology and better sustainability.
It's such an insanely massive task. It's the only task worth doing. Nothing else in life is important if it all ends up fucked in the end.

The future is bleak at the moment. And that little glimmer of hope is fading

Ace really uncool not following through on a trade.....where's my list ...there's a few members I could name & shame. :)

Oh what the hell...live & let live...........Matt...are you the same Matt that messed a few trades a while back?

Its fractal perception...sometimes we get peeved that people lie.....or you can "always look on the bright side of life"...& think of all those generous people in the world that gave a little extra............All those awesome trades.....just 1 'Awesome' makes up for a doz "never got round to posting your seeds types"

BlownG is generous...probably why his world is perfect........... :)

I hear you Ace ...my thoughts exactly, except I don't think things have gotten any worse or better.....look at history...the us has always been the fucking bully..........before them it was the uk..........& so on...........its was easier to hide away from it all...........a little bit of land out in no where...no tv or media...a sweet women & a garden...what else could you want............?

Some still manage that....haven't a clue about the world...just them & their family in some quite western nation..bliss....but not very responsible........... sadly most voters are just dead heads.....& personally I feel they are at fault & take the full share of blame ...cause they empower the nasty fuckwits that feel they control the world...& for who mass murder is just a days business...

just to add Ace....life is special...its gone in a blink...save the world ...but have fun doing it.........otherwise your''ll burn out in crying groan.........

yeah ive missed a few, fucked up some friendships through it aswell, but i can honestly say i told them i didnt have the seeds or sent them to someone else ect... i didnt just ignore them for weeks or months, though im pretty well on my way to improving that, havent had a problem since the few at the start :)

Some still manage that...

a little bit of land out in no where...no tv or media...a sweet women & a garden...what else could you want............?

i can only dream of this for now but that sounds like a perfect world to me

EDIT; im not happy about making the problem with ace public, hell i feel like a dick for doing it since i havent had the best rep on here but i havent even gotten a reason why i havent got them ? i was told 3 lots had been sent so i just gather it was never intended to arrive, i just want some clarity as to why it never came through..

i love aussieland. i only care bout the 5km radius around my home. charity starts @ home, anywho fuck the world .. also work with loads of kunts around the world and 99% wanna live here .

u cant grow kratom or sally here but who stops us.. WE ARE ARE ARE A CRAZY BUNCH OF INSECTS..

The worlds always been fucked. As Waterboy said media enlightens us all to the fuckedupness and technology has created more inventive ways of fucking everything up but..... Worry about what you can control. Your family, your partner, maybe just you and spend the rest of the time getting fucked up and fuck the world......

Getafix

I have been extremely prone to this kind of thinking, as many of us can be, and many of us can attest to the fact that thinking this way often only serves to lead us into greater despair, isolation and bitterness.

Maybe it's just some kind of mathematical equation that for every 100 people who don't give a thought to the issues of the world - there will be one or two who will feel these problems so deeply it can almost seem to rip them to shreds sometimes.

I hear ya. But what I do know is that personally if I start looking at all of the horrible stuff, there is ALWAYS going to be more cropping up to show itself to me. A huge problem presented by global media is that we are constantly bombarded with information about terrible situations which we can do absolutely nothing to change.

If instead, I choose to deal with what is infront of me, make positive changes wherever I can (within myself, within my environment, within the effect I have on other people, beings and environments) I find it easier to step back from the multitudes of issues which could occupy my attention.

When I am seeing positive developments manifesting in my own experiences because of my reflection, re-cognition, and action - I feel empowered to continually create more positive developments in incrementally yet exponentially powerful ways.

When doing so, news about that which I currently have no power to affect has less and less ability to impinge on my consciousness, causing unnecessary stress. I guess what I'm trying to say in a round about way is to utilise your resources. When the brain is in a continual state of heightened stress, it's quite unlikely that learning, effective problem-solving and innovation can unfold.

Also sounds like you're in information overload mode. My only suggestion is to centralise your focus to what you can do, and let the rest only serve as an unseen driving force, motivating you to keep doing the good that you are.

For all the horrors of this world, universal patterns of balance ration an equal quantity of energy to be utilised for good.

It's up to us what we choose to look at and where our energy goes.

And of course:

Think global, Act local.

I'm studying enviro (marine)science,enviro management and sustainability mate and the truth is it can be very fucking depressing to hear what's fucked and what's going to be soon unless we change and with our population growth and some peoples insane greed for power and an artificial thing that has no place in the natural world called money,it's very,very,very fucking hard to not feel like you do.I honestly don't know what to think of the human species.We are not as smart as we love to believe.In so many ways we are one of the least intelligent living things on this planet.

If we keep up our current trends we will wipe ourselves off the face of the earth.
Not an entirely bad thing for the rest of the species in our current state.

And yeh study into those kinds of sciences is exactly what has forced this kind of thinking to come about.
My own personal world is brilliant. I do truly love MY life. But the problem is that if everyone just keeps on ONLY focusing on THEIR little paradise then we are all fucked.
I can't sit by and let that happen. I will make a change.

Sometimes you just need to vent like this and I figured there would be at least a handful of like minded people on here.

It is so frustrating because we HAVE the technology and the resources and the space and even the time (atm) to fix all of this no problem.

The thing that stops it is money and greed and pursuit of power, be it politically or economically. I cannot think of any kind of semi short term way that can change.

The worlds always been fucked. As Waterboy said media enlightens us all to the fuckedupness and technology has created more inventive ways of fucking everything up but..... Worry about what you can control. Your family, your partner, maybe just you and spend the rest of the time getting fucked up and fuck the world......

Getafix

perfect. thats what i was trin to say lol..... insects are are cool but

^ I do genuinely like that
But at the same time it is part of the problem. If everyone is always selfish then we will all be screwed.

And i dont want a partner or family until i know their future is going to actually be at least somewhat ok. at the moment could not guarantee that with any certainty what so ever.

Thank you to everyone as well. It always helps to have a bit of ranty discussion. I do appreciate it alot

How credible are the sources for the information within that document?

My first reaction is what others have said here, which is essentially not to let the many supposed geopolitical crises announced through the media dictate your state of happiness, but rather focus on creating a happy existence in your immediate environment.

But maybe your right - shit is getting pretty crazy right now. But don't let the media and politicians fool you - degradation of the biosphere via rampant industrialisation is by far a greater threat to our existence than the events unfolding in Iraq and Syria. Did you know that half the worlds species have been lost in the past 40years:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/29/earth-lost-50-wildlife-in-40-years-wwf

This marks the present moment as being right in the middle of one of the biggest die offs of organisms this planet has ever seen.

I believe we are now at the point of no return. One by one, we are burning our bridges to the past - we cannot go back to being happy hunter gathers in balance with nature. Not now that Gaia has tasted the power of technology to transcend biological existence and propel life into both a symbiosis with computational machines and into outer space to new worlds to inhabit.

It isn't by chance that present moment is characterised by both chaos and amazing technological revolutions - the sense of impending doom is driving life on this planet to achieve a more sophisticated level of existence.

It is the degradation and what not that is worrying more than the politcal bullshit. I try and steer clear of corporate media as much I can. I understand our government is fucked but since when is that new?

it is basically a situation of the more you learn the more you realize there are so many fundamental flaws in everything around you. It is hard to willingly go along with it once you realise. And its impossible to go back to a state of blissful ignorance.

The species loss is just beyond comprehension. Especially when you take into consideration that that is only the ones that we KNOW have gone extinct. We are going through an extinction event. Whether we pull through or not I don't know but I do know that whatever comes next will be so incomprehensibly alien that to take stabs at what could eventuate is just a waste of time.

I agree that we have hit the point of no return. We either change very very very soon or mother nature takes over and forces us to change or die off.

I am very actively pursuing BCI's for that exact cause - to merge biological and technological systems. It is the only way I can see use able to go forward in a sustainable way for a long time.

I also agree that impending doom is going to be the biggest drive behind it. I'm sure I'm not the only one working on these things in private and i know there are so many programs along these lines in the commercial and industrial sectors. It is only a matter of time before we push ourselves to the point of NEEDING to use the technology to survive.

The ebola virus is a wicked testament to how unsustainable we are atm. As the populations of species hit higher and higher levels they become more precariously balanced too. Disease gets more aggressive and wipes out more and more and occasionally it can cause an entire ecosystem collapse and wipe out the species that was "prosperous".

Surely if enough people band together and actively try and bring in these kinds of technologies we will be ok.... right?
I cant even say that with enough conviction to fully convince myself of it now... It's a race against the clock and I fear we are falling behind.

my kids saved my life.. .. too many kunts worry bout the what ifs. :scratchhead: hey he are here yes? :scratchhead::scratchhead: anywho i cant write like u cunts but i just quit a 60 hour job a week to spend time with my love ones , take everyday as a new day and we all should feel lucky that he dont live in hongkong lol hongkong rules :scratchhead::scratchhead::wink: or america :uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi: oil oil oil oi oi oi i love america :devil:

sadly the bulk of the pop don't care.........so your left to consider If you believe in community, ie we all participate & make decisions collectively, then the bulk of the pop chose, if only by default (their lack of caring) that the world will be this way...........the handful of us that are yelling & screaming 'there's a cliff!", should not spare them a tear, even though they are taking us along for the ride..........ultimately this is what humanity chooses............ planet idiot.

Well then why don't the people who are screaming "There's a cliff!" head off on their own?
There has to be something that we can do. I don't even care if we sit on the sidelines while the world burns. I am completely content with letting the people who "made their bed" lay in it.
Surely it would be possible to build an isolated community and then just cut off from the world.

Everything that exists in modern life has been made before so it can be made again. Medicines, manufacturing, networks, building materials, transport, food, water, hygiene, power, communication.
Any of these things by themselves are not that complicated. So putting them all together is also not that complicated. It just requires dedication, coordination and willingness to learn.

I don't know if it will be pulled off. But it's possible.

Dude if you have a spare ticket off this world...I'm in......I can quite happily spend the next 1000 years or so exploring the galaxy...a bit of teriforming here & there.garden at the cosmic level............bloody Scottie never returns my calls...beam me up....get me the fuck off this asylum....

There are lots of really good communities all over the planet.............2 problems I found 1) even well intended people are prone to be petty & probmatic over time...shit they are only human...& 2) 1 world its all interconnected....ebola may be out of Africa....but doesn't mean it won't come here....& all the other shit we all know so well...

WHO SENDS MONSTERS TO KILL US? THA SAME TIME SAINTS NEVER WILL DIE.

WHO TEACHERS WHATS REAL AND TO LAUGH @ LIES. WHO DECIDES HOW WE LIVE AND WHAT WE DIE TO DEFEND?

WHO CHAINS US AND WHO HAS THE KEY TO SET US FREE ????/

U DO U HAVE ALL THE WEAPONS TO DO . NOW FIGHT