The Corroboree
incognito

Powerball/lotteries

Well I guess what we could do is pay into my or someone's paypal, and the buyer takes a photo of the ticket and sends to pm or text if syndicate is cool sharing their phone numbers? If someone has a better plan let me know. Imagine the party if we win!!!

• Like 1

We will hire shpongle!!

• Like 3

I could post a pic of the ticket here?

• Like 1

Well I guess what we could do is pay into my or someone's paypal, and the buyer takes a photo of the ticket and sends to pm or text if syndicate is cool sharing their phone numbers? If someone has a better plan let me know. Imagine the party if we win!!!

be careful with paypal. lotto, lottery etc are flag words for them and can result in an account being frozen. Plus dealing with fees etc, If someone is in for $20 they should probably send $21.

Just send as gift or sumnit

• Like 1

Paypal works for me.

Sweet as then how bout we wait until tues night, pm me and I'll give my paypal addy then I'll buy the ticket Wednesday then post a pic of the ticket here or by pm

• Like 1

^ I trust you nito, I don't need to see the ticket, just tell me if we win anything. Though, thinking about it...if we won like a 'lot' of money, I wouldn't want anyone to know I was a bit richer...so is it really a good idea to post the ticket?! Majority rules though, and am easy going,so , yeah :) . I will deposit a red back into your account ( PayPal or what ever ) as soon as I have the details.

Great idea nito, thanks...even if we don't win, tis fun dreaming.

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

Guess I'll take payments now as take a few days for paypal to go through into my acc. All peeps who want in we will go 20 dollars each please pm me for my paypal address :)

• Like 1

I know a very deserving married couple who won around 1.7m in I think it was ozlotto a few years ago. They took immediate family and a small group of family friends to hamilton island to make more happy memories. The couple said they'd never give cash or items to family, but only wanted to enjoy memories. The lady's widowed mother was taken for a short holiday to Uluru where she and her partner had never ended up traveling to. A few odd members of the winners' family got pathetic when offered their short holiday/memory-maker. They got themselves out of financial hardship to actually buy a home. Some was given to charity too :)

I say this because some people actually do deserve (I think) to win this kind of money. Granted it wasn't 70mil but who wouldn't sneeze at 1.7????

I'm in for $20 :)

I knew a family that won 2.4 million about 10 years ago. About three years after the win all they had was a modest mortgage paid off and memories from three years worth of living it up. The parents now work in unskilled labour at award wages, 5 days a week.

Yeah a couple of million doesn't really set you up like you expect it to. I'd love it don't get me wrong but I used to think what I could do with 2 million would be never ending but if you want to retire off it you would have to be pretty modest about how you spent it and be smart with your investments also.

You forget that things need to be maintained also. Buying a nice house on a beautiful beach is going to have expensive rates and insurance. Getting a fast car is going to cost a lot more over the time you own it.

Im not trying to be a downer, I think its a great idea what your doing. Incog has great organizational skills, this is the kind of guy you want on your work social committee or organizing your work xmas party! You can't really tell the boss what you think if you win these days (unless it's complimentary!) as 2 mil won't go as far as it first appears. Still would be bloody awesome though...

Just doin it for the fun and the fantasizing really I don't really expect to win, but damn there will be one motherfucker of a party if we do :)

If we won the 70 mill I'd take care of my family, pay off a few close friends debts, do up my house, pay my kids school fees for the duration of her time there, buy a modest house close to her, then bank the remainder after taking out 50g with strict advice not to let me access the money until I return from overseas- go overseas party it up like a madman, return go to rehab, come out of rehab and seek out an excellent financial advisor and accountant that can show me what to do with the money so that It will keep on giving me a return. I think I'd like to live modestly, maybe go uni and learn how to help others and nature, I don't believe in blaming money away on charity's as rarely does the money reach the intendeds.

It would be tricky managing that amount of cash.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

I went to a doco once about a guy that won the new york lotto for $60(45 after tax) million. There was a Q&A afterwards and someone asked the guy the obvious questions, does money make you happy, to which he answered, anyone that says money doesn't make you happy doesn't have $45 million dollars... made me laugh.

if yous win can i come live on tripper island?

"tripper island, the cheese,crackers and bulbs departure lounge, final boarding call for tripper island, we are searching for sir mr.billios, lady ingog....last call ....last call"

• Like 2

Well that's four of us in the syndicate, Last chance will be 8pm tomorrow night. I'll pm a photo of the ticket to all those already in it, I'll buy after work on Wednesday.

Edited by incognito

Yep, best value of a lotto ticket is the fun you have thinking and chatting about what you'll spend it on I recon.

• Like 1

if i had 2.4million I would spend about 900,000 on two properties. One for my self where i would live & build my dreams, the other as an investment property, both would be my projects that i would develop into sustainable food producing ecological paradise!

I would spend 500,000 to build two houses, one on each property.

i would spend 250,000 doing earthworks, access, water features, swales etc & generally setting up epic ecological food systems.

i would allocate myself 50,000 a year for the next five years to live on while i dedicate myself to developing these two projects full time.

another 250,000 i would invest into various things which i would spend a long time studying in order to do so wisely.

200,000 i would invest in building my business & the remaining 50,000 i would spend on travel.

After that 5 year period of working on the two properties full time was over i would continue to work as i was before & develop my business while living on my dream property & biding my time for the property market to make selling my other property worthwhile.

sheesh, all this fantasizing makes me wanna chuck in..

Edited by paradox
  • Like 1

Six of us now, feel free bud I'll be buying the ticket on Wednesday after work, unfortunately I can't chuck in for anyone as I'm a bit brokesky, as long as I get the money in my acc by wed ( I bank with westpac) Alls will be goooooood.

looks like i'm too late, is all good, though if you guys win i will regret it for the rest of my life!

Good luck guys!

I'll whack in for you Paradox :)

• Like 2

Its all good as long as I have the money in my account by Wednesday anyone can join in which means now it really had to be a westpac to westpac deposit

Ah okay cool that's 7 of us :)

Ten mill each :)

• Like 1

eh? FP you're a sweet heart, you don't have to do that, if you already have done something let me know & i'll fix you up with interest ;) if not, don't worry at all. i will just have to deal with it when you guys are all rolling in wads :)