The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We should start the toaster challenge all you need is a bath tub and toaster. That should take care of 90% of

America

don't make me pull out da ginger jokes

I kid

i don't get all the anti american sentiment but I am feeling it... I do know how its being justified but I just think of the world less stereotypically and more so on an individual basis.. People generally suck primarily because most cannot think outside of one culture or the other... and this America you speak of, this is a place of many cultures... its a great idea but is shadowed by greed, and not just the greed of a few, but the intelligent greed of a few, exploiting the greed and sexuality of the many.. Its coming to a nation near you, if you don't educate yourselves as to the dangers of materialism and the psychological aspect of it, then you will be behaving just like the Americans, in fact it can be argued that you already are... theres plenty of info available regarding the art of selling, and beyond selling you shittier disposable products , they also sell you dogmas, and attitudes. I don't mean the philosophical form of materialism, but rather the addictive form. affluenza, which has somehow replaced happiness in the big cities here and abroad... Simply avoiding it yourself will NOT be enough because you'll be surrounded by shopping mall zombies. its obvious to me that the media machine has already done a fine job dividing populations, by stroking the dark side which exists in all of us, your shadow.

just in the last week or two i was gonna send someone seeds and they said, oh I see you are American, nevermind lol

what the hell! talk about an ugly reflection cast upon the living waters

maybe we should start a thread about it... and maybe start off with a list of which problems would go away if america disappeared...

certainly not greed, corruption, war, but on the otherhand if we got rid of an element here, the world would perhaps be at more peace...

i voted for bush jr years ago, and didn't take a year to realize how stupid that was... I was a materialist in those days and ppl scared me about

how bad I was gonna be taxed if I didn't lol... I was so damn naive I guess... what was wierd was i spend nearly a decade before that studying about and bashing the bush dynasty... thats why I think something was in the water... a couple wars later I voted for Obama in the first election, and frankly the only reason I did was because he is half black! I really couldn't find any other legit reason to vote and I certainly didn't wanna vote based on fear again, but that turned out to be the case in 2008... I didn't put any thought into how silly Mr Biden could be but its better than another Clinton I suppose.... but after 4 years of change I started to realize that the real story is what hasn't changed... I stopped drinking the tap and since then I am no longer a voter eh....and yeah I see how it affects the whole globe just about, but its an element and not the true character of this entire superstate... frankly we have a dangerous population here, more dangers than a world at war

perhaps we'd be better off with a redhead pres... we have a red headed football coach in Dallas and things don't seem to be too far out of the ordinary... reds tend to be pretty extreme, usually depending on whether or not they drink scotch.. I think if we banned scotch, redheads would be nicer to americans....

with all due respect, I apologize for voting, im sorry about the 80s, and please bear in mind that some of us don't want our country back I don't drape love in american flags and im brutally honest about my feelings, at least on the internet, much like a chicagoner, but not like

the jesus touting war loving sugar coated bullshit you might run across in the south... WE also have a Rupert Murdoch here and I wonder if

its the same guy that you've got... theres another guy with the same name in UK, seems a bit fishy to me... my theory is if we remove one of all of him, we remove the left/right divisional aspect, thus forcing infighting among the righties who reside on the left, but then you have a shitload of angry and armed rednecks to deal with... and knowing this place, someones gonna burn a flag and a bible, using, heaven forbid, a glass of scotch as an accelerant.

PEACE ON THE STREETS

it seems americans in general seem fairly unaware that most of the world kind of dislikes 'them' in a very general kind of way. It's not personal & i feel sorry for the thousands of amazing beautiful awesome american people who get stereotyped because of america's global reputation. Australia is fast going the same way in terms of global reputation, which is increasingly that we are a bunch of stupid, angry, racist, retarded bumpkins or something.

maybe you can start a thread about it SC but then again, peoples generalizations make them feel that americans are self obsessed egocentric tossers who just want to talk about themselves all the time. Basically the US' military & economic dominance & the global, virus-like spread of rampant consumerism means that the world is so obesely drenched in the worst aspects of modern american culture, most people probably don't give a shit & as unfair & downright crappy as it is on a personal level, would prefer to avoid any more exposure..

Spine collector

Im just sick of American media etc im from England I live in Australia . All you get in Australia is mainly American programing

and not much more.Plus our police force has become more Americanized using more Squat tactics and weaponry .This can

be a good thing in places were needed but giving a small town a heap of mp5's and vests could cause a problem .

See the problem is when our police start to get new toys they tend to use them.

I have nothing against American's just seems its like a orgy of capitalism and coke from a arm chair prospective

from outside the box. Plus this prepping culture is insane (thats why i love it )What do you think about these try hard army nuts

going on about alex joans and Obama's negro army .It scares me to see the culture of the ar15 silenced and how you can buy aftermarket

parts unlicensed and put them together gets me worried.

I just think if your going to get people to be charitable in needs to be a culture not a fad

bigred, i'd say our police are worse. the average officer i see here is in a flac jacket and navy blues, very military like, while the American officers on tv are generally just wearing a police uniform. this even though we have comparatively very few guns we would be able to shoot police with. swat teams may be excessive, but, they are specific people sent to specific tasks, here every officer is decked out like that.

it's also probably true that the majority of Australians enjoy the American TV programming and our prime minister doesn't blindly follow the U.S but instead just shares the presidents opinions and genuinely represents the majority of voters. saying Australia is better because you or any of us live here is a ridiculous bias, our general cultures are cut from the same cloth. it is romantic to think that Australia is really good, just misguided, but that isn't realistic.

I like that last point I really do... but I think the previous point you made regarding the militarization of police, only points to the psychological part of this problems and points to the fact that we need to be looking for the best in each other and promoting it... do you think we are not sick and tired of it here in America? We even have some police here giving their stuff back and saying we don't need it but you won't see that making headlines due to the nature of media who is really making hte headlines...

if I remember correctly, Rupert Murdoch is from England too! and yet his broadcasts on fox news was probably the only way we could have ended up

with Bush for 8 years... we have the monopoly on redneck militias here in the states, we even have a small podunk town in Colorado that actually requires every household to have a shotgun its goddamn insane! let me re-iterate , we are sick and tired of it... and we are sick and tired of being sick and tired... frankly as a nation we are bloody distressed... and it only stresses me more to know its happening in Australia and throughout Europe, because we, the ones of us who are awake here, are award of the pitfalls ... theres is a belief that populations are not rational and while I find it to be partly true, it doesn't mean there isn't a price to pay in the long run for rewiring peoples brains in the name of sales and economic prosperity... the turned us into a consumer based society and you can already see the problems as seen by the american diet and our consumption of 80% of the worlds pain medications...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2142481/Americans-consume-80-percent-worlds-pain-pills-prescription-drug-abuse-epidemic-explodes.html

http://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/infographics/popping-pills-prescription-drug-abuse-in-america

I don't think much more proof is needed that our morals have been turned sideways but you would think with americas buying power

we'd at least be the home of the cheapest drugs in the world since we use them all but its quite frankly the opposite...

Ferguson MO was a timebomb waiting to happen... you can look up the contraversy in a few years time and see there were several other cases of racial bias in that town including a court case that was won by a guy who was beaten... http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-day-ferguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html It used to be ALOT like that here in Dallas, we even had racial problems within the police force.. a few years back mayor Laura Miller put the cops on a buddy system where each car had a white and a black cop... I almost got myself shot once when my sister called distressed.. they had hit a 4x4 on the freeway her and her bf, and i heard someone yelling .. i drove over there and it was a cop, who was still yelling at them... I jumped on his angry ass too ... I've had cops rough me up, even this year, it was black cops , didn't ask me anything or say anything just dropped my ass to the ground.. I had some gold on me and if someone hadn't been nearby the jerks would have probably stolen it.. but this is not solely a race issue, we could get into who should be allowed to police who, but the rabbit hole goes deeper, its about the psychology of power.. how one man feels when he stronger than the other man and he's put in a position to police them.. and how about in more tense times with other things going on... maybe the cops there are somehow getting americanized but the psychological issue we need to fix is inherent among each of us... Why do police there feel the need to have the kind of force? Why do they so readily accept it? it is in fact true that when you use psychology to dumb down populations

you also run the risk of making populations more dangerous and yes America is a perfect example of this, but we have the same enemies my friend.

@ Paradox, thank you for that... indeed we do have ALOT of that here ,and its reflelcted in the media as being our personality... I think the point missed
in most cases is what kind of transformation we have gone through as a nation... though you will find various attitudes from place to place here, there is certainly a long and reaching effect that has come directly out of the fear propaganda since 9/11.. its reminiscent of what happened in Germany before they entered the world war... One could easily deduct that its the germans that had this chosen one complex and perhaps should be labeled as a danger to the world because of their beliefs, but we can see easily now that its not the case... the truth is each of our populations are capable of degrading into madness and behind this is the aspect of psychology which has been abused to the highest extent, but can also be used to promote good poistive cultures, at least to promote a culture that rewards the pure things instead of worshipping greed... we are a good example of that for EVERYONE to learn from and quite frankly we are dazed and confused... we are a distressed nation... we are no lacking in morals, but they are buried under the weight of fear and we are gasping for air... in actuality it is we who are holding our own heads below the water but the reward centers of our brains have been so heavily rewired that we are actually demanding shitty fast food and junk television... or pain pills or whatever will ease the pain... the very pain that should be inspiring us to action...
here is a vid regarding the psychology if you can get past the propaganda aspect...
here is another on the same topic, also posted before in one of Mutants thread when the same topic came up
@ Why americans are stupid
let me be blunt for a moment... there are a shit ton of people who recognize what we both see happening
in our respective home states, the degradation of our cultures in the name of prospering economies.. this is not
a Rupert Murdoch brand but he's certainly one of the biggest promters of this mentality... yes we in america, we are
about 50 years ahead... YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT...
if you don't, then you fail the ultimate test of life, because our spirituality is being challenged on a large scale my friend.
the ONUS is ON US ... we either stand up and do something, because actions speak louder than words
or we pity in the corner like cowards while the world crumbles around us.... its up to us to believe in ourselves,
inform ourselves and actually stand up and make waves... that may seem discomforting, and its ez to think
this is an american thing, but the reality of the now is, that we're both fighting this and we can't afford to be spectators
cause we might wake up when its too late and end up blending into our surroundings... I for one can never go for that
and thats why I am so willing to voice my opinions... if anti american sentiment became a regular thing at SAB then
I will stop coming here just like I did at the nook because ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and no offense to nookers
but I was really struggling with that at the nook ... I can still come here and get into plant mode and its not necessarily
a forest but its one of the most serene places to visit on the net...

I really <3 you guys its really humbling to even see your culture, saying "Cheers" all the time and the spirit of giving
it really is humbling to know it still exists.. i've seen a few videos about racism in australia and its one of the reasons
i'd never consider moving there but I know its not widespread as it seems, just reminds me too much of Texas when I see it and
I'd give one of my balls to get the fuck out of Texas.

My perception of the world is that it really is what we make of it, and that the challenges we face can either help us to
our end, or can be the opportunity to open the doors to a new golden age, not of prosperity but of peace and love... there
is no way around the politics of the matter... its ez to run from it but like the saying goes, whether or not you take interest in
it, it is interested in you.

regarding our cops, its amazing how different it is from state to state.. I bitch about texas and we have a few po dunk opportunist towns

who makes hudnreds of thousands to millions off the back of their citizens with speed traps and such, but we also have some of the most

peaceful non abusivee police forces around.. .when anonymous got big, we had some demonstrations here and the cops did not get

all that bad there were hardly any squirmishes and you could occasionally see friendly convos happening between the laws and the

protesters... but we do have a past here where it was bad, i've been roughed up even recently and there have been race issues within

the largest department nearby... its different from suburb to suburb here but there are states that have theiro wn sort of identity...

the politics here are very complex... i suppose in the big cities where unemployment is higher, there is a greater danger... but you need only

go to youtube to see a long list of videos where cops are abusing, and beating ppl.. judges caught turning their backs to abuse.. I used to tie

up courts every damn ticket i got was a jury trial and would encourage EVERYONE around me to plead not guilty... its how things change when

the public speaks. they can't speak until they're awake and when someone isn't awake you might have to keep pushing...

I hope you guys NEVER end up with my perspective of things.. it may seem a little gloomy but I see a bright side and I just hope

I can help ANYONE else to see it... its really hard to talk to ppl about things here and thats why i have few friends... please don't blame us

when your police decide to copycat our media hyped circuses... again ferguson was a time bomb waiting to happen and we have a few cities

like that.. Los Angeles has been through it.. on one hand the population has lessons from one end, but the law enforcement has learned

lessons on the side of policing and with the rapid transfer of information on social media a new type of beast is born.... just as with the

new ideologies prevailing in australia, a new form of consumerism is being bred and I sincerely hope that you guys find the brave darkness

in your soul so that you can light things up if its ever necessary ... MOST ppl will take the lazy option thats a fact and thats how governments

get away with what they do...

JUST FYI, our politicians are ACTIVELY campaigning for office about 2 years ahead of time these days, so that means they are always campaigning... yes Ferguson has some legitimacy, but its also over politicized and the whole point is vote retention. They could have latched onto shootings in many places but thats the one that happened and where ppl responded. this is what campaigning looks like in America especially since the minority vote is not ignorable anymore

Please look at where your respective cultures are now, and where america is now, and be reminded that america was once something far different, we were creators and builders and we are actually the unfolding story of big money/dynastic power vs human values. You can see that in our racial struggles, in our banking scandals, and in our modern politics and policies. All the lessons you need are here on the internet, and whoever finds these solutions will be called crazy, non conformist terrorist loving scum, or whatever it takes to divide the issue into political sides... if things get unbalanced in terms of political power, then those who choose to maintain that power, will try to turn anything that is a threat to their structure into a divisive political issue and so we have to make sure we don't lose control of the narrative / perspective... the sleeping ones won't be able to see and just go with the flow... the leaders have to act fast and make sure right and wrong don't become political sides and boogeymen like they do here... we may hate the media but we have to pay attention to where they are directing us... and remind ppl that its not what we are making that matters but what we are becoming... i've learned here, that you can't just ignore the subtle changes in society.. things will always change, thats fact and change is mostly technology driven, but when you see the sacred things being eroded, please speak up cause thats where the american experiment may have failed... some did ,but when they didn't listen we took sides instead of forgiving and recognizing it as a dis-ease. and dis-ease is when the body/population is not at ease...

Spine collector 2016

& thank you SC, it's really nice to hear a bit of impassioned insight & some truth. I can tell you really love where you come from in the best way that someone should.

of course it's the case but it's good to see sometimes that beneath the veil of the corporate & media garbage that gets shovelled down everyones throat, theres folks over there holding the fort so to speak & it's good to be reminded that said garbage is just that & never really represents the deeper realities of life in any place.

All my american friends a great people you sound like your from cali

lmao @ 2016... I set an innocent goal more than a decade ago to run for office in 2020, but its way out of the question as I grew ever disgusted with politics by means of political office at least... ironically I care more about politics and policies now then when I actually wanted to play that game... it would be cool if things changed enough in 5 years that I would reconsider that path but not for now lol

you hit the nail on the hit with charity, as it should be a cultural attribute rather than a fad... it shouldn't take some stunt to make it popular but values should.. with that said there are alot of ppl who are very giving here shadowed by a culture that celebrates and rewards greed

here's a kid that came up with a good idea.. i gave him two bux the first time and voted..

I wish he'd be as popular as the ice bucket and fire challenges

he seems a bit more salesy this time lol I like the way he picks his charities but frankly I hope for the day when every charity has an online profile and a pay pal account or something that makes giving more convenient not that convenience should be necessary eh

he's basically setup a charity on behalf of charities and I think anyone could do that and leverage IDEAS and it could snowball

I like the idea of "Pay it forward" as well too @ charitable culture

its almost like service to others is a big secret that is guarded behind the shadows sometimes

Oh well paradox, it sucks that not all the money is getting to it's supposed destination but I guess at least money is getting there that wasn't before.

we've got youtube these days, you can pretty much find examples of just about anything you want to find in a big country but we often rely on that which we are seeking to find or what our peers put in front of us and im not exempt from that school of psychology and thus im making better choices even on facebook except on there i just scroll past stuff I don't wanna see and leave the volume down...

heres a cop doing a good deed http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/IMPD-Officer-Gives-Homeless-Man-Boots-Pacers-Player-Snaps-Pic-274452331.html

anyways, I now present the better mind stimuli challenge! :P should go hand in hand with the good deed challenge

no need to worry if anythings not getting to the right place, no postman dependency

http://youtu.be/YlQSNkV7Q5c

take what u will from it