The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiscoStu

foetus's are parasites

par·a·site
ˈparəˌsīt/
noun

an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

Yeah, I thought that too sometimes when my wife was pregnant and throwing up. And moody. And too tired for lovin'. And obsessed with eating sherbert.

But all that aside, kids are pretty awesome :)

He he. Cheeky little buggers.

Does this answer the chicken and egg paradox then?

kind of...

parasites though, even weak ones kill the host at the end

babies rarely kill their mom in the end.

having children is a bit like having a dog...

it just makes you feel better about yourself, and its more natural than having a dog.

the real parasitism begins after the birth, and in some occasions it might last for over 30-35 years, some times more..

But children are justified to use their parents... Parents not...

i'd assume the definition would discount organisms that share the 'host's' DNA. a bit like saying your dick is a parasite cause it sucks blood from other parts of your body when you have a hard on.. but still, it's another nice way to think about what pieces of shit men are.. nothing but infectious creeps that go around injecting parasitic organisms into women.. Bastards!

were you drunk when you wrote that?

I was running on my fourth night straight of no sleep & extreme gastroenteritic dehydration though maybe that's it ;).. I wasn't having a dig or anything.. just adding another perspective.. I've thought about this myself before.. its not the same.. but similar to saying that you are a 'host' to your organs.. a foetus is just something that a wimans body does when male DNA is added.. its only our limited conceptions regarding the seperateness of phenomena that determines the foetus to be a delegate organism the the mother.. sure it also contains the DNA of another person but our organs also contain the DNA of countless seperate microorganisms as essential parts of their function.. but we don't say we are hosts to our organs.. maybe you didn't mean for the discussion to be so literal.. maybe I am just in the throws of gastro psychosis & have no idea what's going on..

Ok fine.. I am in a state of psychosis & am writing on my phone with auto correct :P delegate should have read seperate.. various other mistakes.. whatever.. gonna try to sleep now.. sorry for the blather

paradox I love yo posts!

I love babies. They taste like eggs that taste like chicken.