The Corroboree
DiscoStu

what's wrong with this world?

riffing.......what's wrong with the world is that people are taught that the only ideas that are worth pursuing are those which can produce an immediate monetary impact. i mean, how often are we bombarded by the idea of the "next big thing"? the "next facebook", the "next twitter", is there any room left for simply exploring the beauty of ideas? "knowledge" is now subject to the free market and i think that is a dangerous thing, because it boxes human existence into a particular set of ideas, and something revolutionary which may disrupt established systems is dismissed, or worse bought out and shelved because there's no money in it.

I just want to take this idea a bit further. Facebook and Twitter are both communication methods, something which has been of enormous benefit (as well as ordinary everyday chitter chatter) and both are free - except for advertising and promotional aspects. So your examples may unfortunately be a bit skewed. They were both born in an era of high capitalism where money is used to determine the value, so if they make money then it's because of that. The world and the economy is quite complex, where we need to be concerned is where vested interest in our essential infrastructure is forced upon us despite it's clear negative impacts and I'm thinking coal and oil in particular.

• Like 1

what's wrong with this world?

What's wrong with this species?

the world is fine =)

• Like 11

paradox awesome text, awesomely put...

but I dont believe there are drugs that make you stupid, just the same way I dont believe if you use those substances that are regarded beneficial or with a big beneficial factor you will become a better person, a more conscious or loving person. This kind of self-improvement does not come from taking the drug alone. All in all, I believe it has to do with the person, how you do it, why you do it, what's your body, what's your mind.

I guess what I am trying to say is that people are being stupid or becoming stupider or more intelligent the way they live, they way they use , not because they do a certain drug.

In George Carlins words

"There's nothing wrong with the world! The world is fine!

Now the people... ?! ... the people are fucked !!!

• Like 2

I'm not going to try and address the big issues..what's wrong with the world etc. But I will say one thing - I love our little community and our collective pasttime. People give entheogens a bad name, but the same people go on about how shallow our society is, the way we can't peel ourselves away from our phones, our tvs, our gadgets. Then there's the noxious celebrity culture and how lazy we all are blah blah blah. Then there's how socially disconnected we are. Well I find it effortless (almost a compulsion really) to have hours long conversations with whoever I'm tripping with. No phones, no tv, no distractions. The conversation is usually deep and interesting too - who here just LOVES to down a foot of San Pedro and just goss about Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber? I don't know anybody like that, we're all into philosophy, science, botany. Plus we're all avid gardeners (a bit of a fading hobby these days sadly).

Say what you will about entheogens, they pull us in a different direction to the soulless, empty train-wreck that is modern western consumer culture.

• Like 3

Well I find it effortless (almost a compulsion really) to have hours long conversations with whoever I'm tripping with.

Say what you will about entheogens, they pull us in a different direction to the soulless, empty train-wreck that is modern western consumer culture.

Well said. And if the evening does go by, without a solid conversation, then it feels like a wasted opportunity, slipped by.

And on the main topic, yes the world is a fucked place to be born into. Not the Earth itself, but our little matrix we have arranged for us.

But i take heart, that never before have so many become aware of the matrix we're living in. The lies and bullshit, the conditioning and perversion of what we humans are really all about.

This "good news" has spread like wildfire because of the internet. Seems like more than a coincidence that humans invented world wide communications at the same time that there was a message worthy of being spread around the globe.

And forums such as this one (this is my first post), are full of people awake to the world and what we're doing to it, and to ourselves. We live in a world that we're all miserable in. In one way or another.

Struth, not even Money makes you Happy any more. :(

So I'm stupidly optimistic and think these times, this era, is one of the best era's to be alive in. I feel very strongly that our lifetimes are going to see breakdown of the old world and it's way of seeing things. When you see it this way, you see the signs everywhere. Even in the old world itself. It's dog eating dog. God, even the holiest organisation on earth is being tramped around courtrooms being proven to be the largest pedaphile ring in history. It's crumbling from within. and we can't stop it.

Patience. No-one has to destroy it and much less challenge it.

• Like 2

Man made global warming is huge lie also. Man made weather weapons however, are true.

beautiful, something with a vast base of supporting evidence is untrue, whereas a fantasy with nothing but nutjobs pointing at clouds saying "see? it's HAARP!" is true.

a beautiful thing, truly.

• Like 3

"just google it if you don't believe me"

*cites utube videos*

ok, so i apologise, it wasn't haarp you were pointing at,

"look chemtrails those clouds weren't there before!"

very excellent, you're a keeper :)

Machineelf and Bot6 are gunna make a great couple :wub:

who here just LOVES to down a foot of San Pedro and just goss about Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber?

.... :blush: um ..... not me...... ive never spent hours getting excited about Miley Cyrus twerking

Edit - missed quoted

Edited by Change

Read this book, its a real eye opener :blink: "A visionary madness : the case of James Tilly Matthews and the influential machine" you cannot reason with someone who is insane, logic just doesn't cut the mustard in this situation... In my opinion "people are nuts"

well if sandy hook was a "false flag" it failed miserably, considering gun sales went up, and many states have now passed a raft of pro-gun legislation. maybe they should do another one?

well I might have said this again

nothing is wrong with the world.. the world is fine... the people ...

now the people are fucked

(to rephrase Carlin)

being part of this community, which emphasises in growing plants ourselves, like vegetarium said is a solid proof we each of us are not alone in our otherwise lonely more or less journey. there are lots of co-walkers of this or that path, all coming from a different walk of life.. what is there more beautiful than that? I have come to appreciate the beauty of the potentials internet communication offers more and more, in my more social periods , and my more lonely periods these 2-3 years.

that's a beautiful thing... another beautiful thing, some dude from this forum pm'ed me , that was a some time ago, and he told me how nice it was when we fought about interpetations and practices in regards with psychonautics, and these were so heated and polarised discussions.

So I dont like it mediocre, libra and diplomat

I like it heated, honest and from the heart....

anyways

I suggest we read about the recent history of our country, get more involvedin politics, why should everyone be so un-political these days, I thought it was a trend that would go away....

whats wrong with this world?

its definately more local... one should think globally and also act locally.

psych-heads, neo-gardeners of the ethno kind, neohippies, all those new wave conspiracy theorists, aspiring neoshamans, pacifists and animists, all should get involved with real reality which is a rapidly changing world.

being unpolitical is not cool, well not anymore!

on the other hand I have no clue about how's stuff in oz today...

I dont care about your ID'ing eye, you can tell me this is Boletus satanas and this Trichocereus pachanoi PC, and I can disagree with arguements!

but I deeply care about 2014 european people not giving a damn and not having a clue about what's at stake with the euro elections in the following days...

whats wrong with the human world is lack of cosciousness, McKenna had said that and what a great speaker he was

unfortunately, gulping some magic potion does (edit) NOT turn even the best of us into superheros of mankind...

this is ironic and so exciting at the same time..

this is evolution: it depends on each one of us

and I believe we have the governments we deserve... talking about the "western" societies

PS:

fuck fascism and every incarnation of it

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

ok heres whats wrong with the world according to wert.

1. the world circumnavigates the sun to fast.

2. the world spins on its axis to fast.

(i think the world would be less wrong if i had more time to party everyday followed by a decent sleep. this 8 hr average is total bs.

3. it does not rain lsd witch i find very disconcerting.

4. (optional, luxury requirement) the moon is white. witch i find a tad boring at times. i would think the world would be better if the moon orbiting it were flourescent green.

lastly. fuck its tiny. a fleck of dust. and we all got to fight for space on it... but theres infinite space of it.

we were designed to be fucked with... and fuck ourselves with... but you can alter your perception any witch way really so all that fuckin is... fuckin great really.

philosopical simplicity!

wert.

• Like 1

Of course the neohippies and new age kids should do something about the change instead of smoking another joint on a reggae festival singing about one love and burning Zion. The problem is that those kids are just another target for companies importing cheap clothes from India. The same with American shops with punk rock clothing. I'm in India now and I'm coming across those hippies all the time - lots of snobs, hard to talk about something that is real, all there is is talking how they can express themselves artistically by playing the djembe and painting another Bob Marley on a t-shirt.

Lack of real change of most of the people might be caused by the educational system that teaches to copy instead of inventing. This probably brings the feeling of being powerless. Plus there's massive fashion for being a hippie now.

And another cliche thing to say is that things are loved and people are used instead of the opposite direction.

The problem with Europe is that European Union is not ruled democratically - European commission and European council are chosen by themselves. European parliament is voted. Another problem is that on eu the only country that is getting benefits is Germany, so the Hitlers plan of subduing Europe came true with a smiley face.

I guess the only change possible now is on a rather local level, cause globally rules the money.

In oz the problem is with the pm trying to make Oz like US with cuts on public medical expenses, raising tuition fees for students and letting global corporations fuck up the environment.

I'm pretty scared that soon the world will be extremely overpopulated and the lemming syndrome will push people to another world war.

• Like 1

It's hard to fly to space.

The sun will run out one day.

I step on ants killing them and sometimes you just don't know.

Humans can't fly, without artificial means.

Sharks eat animals including us.

So do lions...and so on and on.

Poo is a bad thing sometimes.

Injuries.

Break ups.

Being the last one to know.

Floods, winds and natural forces.

Murder.

Old age.

Rampant consumerism.

Going bald.

Diseases.

Scams

Ghosts and supernatural forces eg magic, no proof or verification.

Nightmares.

Who is god.

Car accidents.

Life is too short.

I'll probably forget but it would be good to add to the list over time.

What is wrong with the world is a combination of many millions of problems. It's impossible to pinpoint. You can only answer it metaphorically. I think it could be as simple as the implied irony and sarcasm. Or factual. For the world to be running then many solutions outweigh the problems. Then it can be assumed that what's wrong with the world is a mathematical opposite at best to the solutions being run. Do you believe you can ever stop problems. Never. Nothing is wrong at all it's merely a equation that needs solving.

Is your glass half full or half empty.

The complete solution is the mathematical extreme. When in a thousand years you are alive, everything is algorithmed for you. Technology has advanced greatly. Your house is a giant computerised automatic centre. Everything is fueled by the grid. The house will cook your dinner and clean your floors. It will talk to you thru the grid. It will count every time you drop a fork on the floor, so it can pre calculate next years washing liquid allowance. You will work when you are meant to work because your house will electrocute you, it will be captured on millions of tiny cameras and fly bots will always be spying. Every single piece of data will feed a super pool of renewable potential energy which with billions of lab grown human brains will transform it into raw super mega delta energoid force. As the system multiplies, every variable event will be predicted with super accuracy. It has become free through slavery. Almost anything is real. Humans are happy, safe in life zones free from accidents and problems. Utopia is achieved. When death occurs, the robots remove our brains surgically and add them to the grid. Reborn without a body but immortal in the grid, always watching, alive in the grid. Eventually a billion years pass. The earth is now solid energy. It's core is about to be reborn, yet again. This time tho it looks to the stars. It spends a billion years planning, and another billion building and the last billion preparing. It has become god. Our sun starting to die triggers the mass release of pre programmed DNA to release itself from the grid. The grid reaches the total solution point and vaporises with the suns explosion.

Everything matters, everything is counted. The formula is infinite time divided by time plus solutions minus problems.

Random events. Is what is wrong with the world. Is the Big Bang a random event. If re birth is the ultimate goal then even a god may want to be reborn. Is god a futuristic super droid. Or is god a force. Is gravity god.

Sounds hardcore and cold. A future pre programmed by robots. Is our pathway to heaven.

• Like 1

humans lol

by robots do you mean sexbots if so im in

sex bots! im in too!

if peeps think the education systems and protocols are responcable for human error in judgement that leads to some for of wrong in the world then, perhaps they should rethink again and again until they find something less projective opon the objection they have.

education around the world isnt spozed" to be reflected in a mirrored sence... if you do this you are fucking tarded n" i dont care what degree you have aquired.

nobody teaches you shit! you interpret mediums and individuly interpret such to create an understandinv of such... no mater how acurate... no matter how far fetched.

if you dont have common sense its all to easy to hate upon the world and its components of witch you are a part... if you do have it... u know wat i is gettn" at.

i think peeps that generalize stuff r fully sick mate. like woop woop n" nat!

stick your finger in your ear n give it a twist.

i taught myself n" frankly all i can see whats happening in this "human" world is pretty much spot on. really dont see how things could be so differant really. all the hippys with the good ideas are all to biz doing cool stuff to wipe out the heirachy ect so lets just admit anyhoot... were alive ane being so offers more than can really be taken atm so dance like nobody is watching and be good to your neighbour.

Guess it comes down to how common one assumes common sense is :wink:

Sounds like a pretty funky future Santiago and reminds of a website i was looking at just the other night with very similar ideas

http://www.futuretimeline.net/index.htm

• Like 1

Revoked.

Wtf is wrong with this world atm.

Times are a changing!

I feel it depends a lot on your relative perspective on things.

A big percentage of people probably don't even think on this big of a scale. Aside from the odd 1like=1prayer sort of thing on facebook.

• Like 2

Times are a changing!

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :)

I feel it depends a lot on your relative perspective on things.

A big percentage of people probably don't even think on this big of a scale. Aside from the odd 1like=1prayer sort of thing on facebook.

Yeah, but nodoubt most people are just happy and content, and they don't want their pretty little view of the world messed with. Is that so wrong? :devil::lol:

Yeah, but nodoubt most people are just happy and content, and they don't want their pretty little view of the world messed with. Is that so wrong? :devil::lol:

Ignorance is bliss :)