The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
drugo

From the Amazon to Australia: Ayahuasca healing

Hey ya'll. I have just finished a short piece that compares Australian ayahuasca healing with Shipibo-Conibo indigenous ayahuasca uses. It explores concepts surrounding sorcery, illness, modernity, and curing. I'd be very interested in your thoughts...

http://culturaladmixtures.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/from-the-amazon-to-australia-ayahuasca-healing-and-dumontian-analysis/

• Like 8

I love this! But I dunno, I've always felt that spiritual attacks do occur

in Australia, well, the end result being the same. However being here, it's hard to imagine there

are people who call themselves sorcerers. So perhaps in our case the persons making the attack are doing so without realising they are having this effect.

Edited by Laila
  • Like 1

Or maybe that's just bad juju, lol

Yes, Im glad Aya use has evolved naturally to suit all the cultures it is now embedded in.

The Australian versions of facilitating are generally pretty bonza.

Love this quote, similar to what ive been saying for years.

And I think that’s what ayahuasca is here to teach, that everything is an extrapolation of your own consciousness, in this world and the astral worlds… Ayahuasca has come out of the jungle into the Western psyche to invite the Western psyche back into the garden. Come back into Gaia, back into Eden, back into oneness, back into connectivity and symbiosis and synergy with the plants, with mother earth (Cs 2012).

Thanks for your observations :)

• Like 8

12 Months ago My Wife and Myself spent 2 weeks at a Healing retreat in Peru, the Curanderos We had were absolutely AMAZING, and were from the Shipibo community.

We were interviewed as to what we needed to be healed, and everyone n the Group (there were 9 altogether) was given different plant based medicines specifically for their condition or ailment.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 7 months before this trip and my cure was from a jungle rat (called a Mahas) where I had to drink a tea? made with the dried gall bladder of said rat ( I chose to call it a Jungle Dragon, as this made it a little easier to bear.....LOL)

My wife had to wear a crushed jungle chickens egg on her head for 3 days, (a fresh egg everyday) for her headaches that she has suffered from for years due to a fused vertebrae in her neck,

My wife suffers a lot less now, (She still gets headaches now and then, but generally not as severe as in the past)

I, Myself do not consider Myself as a Diabetic anymore, Though my wife,(a Nurse) nags me about blood sugars often, she doesn't have the faith I have in the power of THOUGHT to heal, and I am feeling quite healthy now, my body tells me when I eat something I shouldn't.

Anyway, back in Aus, SWIM has found a circle that partakes of the Mother Medicine a few times a year, and from what I've heard the ceremonies are different from those I experienced in Peru, but quite Similar to what I experienced in Columbia, (We spent a few days in Columbia before returning to Aus)

I don't really know what this has to do with the topic, but that's my Ayahuasca Experience, and I would continue to partake myself if it was legal in Aus :wink:

I would recommend this particular healing retreat to anyone going to Peru for healing with the Mother Aya.

• Like 2

Hi Dear Members

I am interested to know how can i provide ayahuasca in australia? is there anyone that can give some advice?

Cheers

Aameer

Day tripper, are you looking to import ayahuasca or manufacture it? There would be issues at both ends of that spectrum.

Hi,

I went to Iquitos, Peru 3 years ago to participate in an ayahuasca ceremony with a respected local shaman. I experienced visions of the afterlife, birth and rebirth and the sadness of the way we live our modern lives. I would like to learn more about yage culture here in Australia. I truly respect the vine and her powers, not here for a cheap thrill. Glad if anyone can help me here on my quest.

The first step in your quest is to pop in and see your local member of parliament and start lobbying for plant freedom, because the medicine you're after is restricted here...