The Corroboree
wert

coincidental or? repeditive clock/time observation.

hi peeps.

ive heard of this happening to others before and i have actually experianced it before myself.

essentially what happens is one appears to check the time at rather interesting intervals and even repeats this for a period of time.

for instance. i now, for the last week have been waking up or just checking the time to find specificaly these times.

01:02

11:12

11:22

12:13

wow since ive written them down i just realized 12:13 is the only one with a number other thsn 1 or 2?

so whats all this supposed to mean?

im interested to see what peeps think.

all are welcome to coment.

ide like someones logic deduction if possible. but feel free to round up superstitioud or other potential reasoning for this seemingly common phenominm.

cheers. wert.

12:13

(sorry double post. coincidence? )

Edited by Anodyne

Well, i think the answer is pretty obvious: a god with a numerical fixation is trying to contact you. The next step is to try and figure out which gods favour ones and twos so you can know who it is who is messing with your clocks in this way.

And don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you that this is just a coincidence, maybe based on looking at the clock at a similar time each day and adding in a good dash of confirmation-bias... They are just wishing they could have such clear signs from a deity themselves. This kind of thing is a test, to weed out unobservant & illiterate people so that they may not enter Paradise!

• Like 5

Angel numbers apparently,I researched this awhile back but seems only religious people buy into it. Could mean something else or could be that society can't put down their mobile long enough for couple of hours to go by

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I also encourage small children to eat sand.

• Like 4

is it a simple god trying to weed me out?

or is this god simplifying things for me?

and 1........ and 2.....

really is there number deitys in the superstitious realm? wouldnt suprize me as theres a bag of tannas for every fruitcake in that sence.

someone close to me recently visited a psychic but...

oogedyboogedyboo!

edit: i dont advocate seeing psychics! as i do care about this person ive expressed my concers in them doing so.

happy to hear you tell me its all going to be ok but.

just dont think i wanna pay to hear it!

Edited by wert

that was an innapropriate post. ive been drinking the fermented fruits by gone the savage eagle.

i encourage all to express there thoughts regarding this reoccuring phenomimoniomastika.

Maybe you are god. No, i'm not trying to be funny or nonchalant.

• Like 2

I often see 1:11 or 3:33, and the synchronicity of that combination makes that moment feel a little bit more special than others. Maybe we our internal clock is far more precise than we suspect?

thunderideal. yes we are.

dan. i think your onto something logical here. yes.

i think thats about right.

Its a well known human cognitive bias - I can't remember what its called but basically you give meaning to the memory of seeing patterns or synchronicity in numbers etc. and because these things seem to have relevance you subconsciously remember them more than the non relevant stuff - therefore strengthening the bias. everyone does it, some people pay more attention to it than others :) get an analog clock ;)

• Like 1

confirmation-bias...

maybe that was it!

oh... some times have real significance. where I am its 17:53. which means.

post-903-0-40967100-1400828070_thumb.jpg

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 7

ha! spot on.

but i assure you it is not me just paying attention to numbers i want to see.

i am deffinantly checking the clock at intervals finding very specific numbers... its still been happening today!

out of the 30times ive looked at this clock this week probably twice it hasnt been a time i specified. each time ive referanced the clock in my car same times.

yes i have an analogue clock... ive been referancing that to but the one i got isnt syncronizing with the phenomina! (mainly cause it doesnt have any minute markings... just basic 5 min intervals on my analogue... i thought analogue was spose to have like unlimited points inbetween.... he he.)

Im no expert in any way or form. But id say watertrade is pretty spot on. Our brain are so verry good at seeing patterns or things that match up with out own umderstanding. So its probably part coincidence and part your brain just showing you what you want to see

There is another cognitive bias, that I also forget the name of... Which states that we all tend to over estimate our ability to act rationally and not be effected by these biases. :)

Honestly, I not trying to be a prick if it come across that way. :)

• Like 1

^ and neither am i

i try to hover in the zone between chronically uptight and way loose, which leaves me free to wonder if we underestimate the effect of our sometimes irrational bias towards rationality. just sayin', ya know? we have all of these neatly packaged answers, how is THAT not confirmation bias? the world is full of it, i reckon. circle-jerks don't appeal to me. truth as cobbled together by humans isn't tidy.

There is another cognitive bias, that I also forget the name of... Which states that we all tend to over estimate our ability to act rationally and not be effected by these biases. :)

Honestly, I not trying to be a prick if it come across that way. :)

yes im allways working on such.

nobodys ruffled any feathers here all is good.

im not one to fall victim to superstition guys and i think watertrades on the money allthough i also think there may be something to what dan is saying also.

i have studied feline behaviour patterns and they quite literally have a built in clock whereby they may perform an activity to within from what ive seen 60 sec accuracy in 24hr repititions.

bassicaly i would think myself that it is just a bunch of random coincidences... but i would go one step further and say it is really only one coincidence in witch all is a part thereof.

• Like 1

yeah I get this a lot, particularly when im in a creative/connected phase of life it seems. 11s and 23s for me

Robert anton Wilson has written some great books about this kind of phenomena

recently finished a couple of tracks that happened to be 11:11 long. that was track 1 and 2 of the ep. then track 3 finished up at 5:33...5+3+3 =11

then the other night one of the tracks was on the radio at 11:23, or 23:23

just as an example....I don't have any solid beliefs about it, it's just a sign to me that 'shit's getting weird again' haha

• Like 3

synchronicities in general: do they convey some meaning to the person noticing them? i've wondered why they seem to ebb and flow, and lately i decided that they indicate that you're on the right track, or that the right track may present itself. with this in mind, i took a bit of a leap of faith with no motivation other than frequent synchronicity, and the consequences seem to corroborate the idea since that decision turned out to be very positive, and the stunning coincidences have been flowing ever since.

like gravy!

• Like 1

eat the clock.

The mayan azteks probably have it all drawn up... but a picture to us is a picture is all.

synchronicities in general: do they convey some meaning to the person noticing them? i've wondered why they seem to ebb and flow, and lately i decided that they indicate that you're on the right track, or that the right track may present itself. with this in mind, i took a bit of a leap of faith with no motivation other than frequent synchronicity, and the consequences seem to corroborate the idea since that decision turned out to be very positive, and the stunning coincidences have been flowing ever since.

like gravy!

Ive just recently found out some very bad news re: my physical anatomy has a fuck up in it in a real fuck up of a place.

Since ive been noticing repititions of different numbers.

Now thats either really fucking trippy or really syncronotic!

Or just a co-incidence i believe.