The Corroboree
mutant

How to recognize Trichocereus Tacaquirensis / Taquimbalensis

Question

In seeing how my "taqaquirensis" seedlings looklike taquimbalensis, and noting that some people's werdermanianus also look taquimbalensis, I am pretty thrilled to compare all of them. Well we got some mature ones to show, again, compare with the last photo if ya like to judge the growth speed.

1. taquimbalensis plain, came with a kk number from sab. Mostly straight spines

P1110081.jpg

2. taquimbalensis var wilka, seed grown, love this clone because it's still a 7-ribber and its probably my darkest-green coloured tricho. It's definately NOT as fast as "Efi" , but EFI spent 1 year on a pereskiopsis...

P1110082.jpg

3. taquimbalensis var wilka forma EFI . This clone has earned its name in my opinion for a number of reasons. It got named after my ex, which was a pretty curvy girl, and so is this clone. Note that this EFI specimen was taken from the mother plant, was rooted and eventually got to be bigger than the seed grown wilka (2) that is of the same age like the EFI motherplant. Efi and the awesome 7-rib wilka (2) are coming from the same seed batch. I got another two of them outside , in the ground, but I should probably take them out to grow in a proper containter. Efi is pretty willing to increase her rib number and has the most awesome ribs - also this my only female trichocereus ! , oh, there's Eileen too! :P

P1110083.jpg

• Like 3

Hola.

Been busy so I have not have the time to check in this cool forum.

I have 3 questions about the cactis in the pot.

1: the cuttes taquimbalensis have this black skin. What is this?

2: the other two big thornes trichos. Are these by any chance terschekkii or taquimbalensis?

3: the small ones..terschekkii?

I would be most grateful if you could help me

post-16383-0-40766300-1447424338_thumb.j

post-16383-0-40766300-1447424338_thumb.jpg

post-16383-0-40766300-1447424338_thumb.jpg

they look like terscheckii yeah...

P1140289.jpg P1140465.jpg

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 1

so what are you opinions on how should we call the two main different forms of this species ?

should we skip tacaquirensis name overall and only use the taquimbalensis / taquimbalenis wilkae ?

yeah yeah DNA research is needed and all... what about how we call them FOR NOW?

OK they're synonyms, which prevails and why?

• Like 1

On 16/11/2015 at 8:21 PM, sagiXsagi said:

what about how we call them FOR NOW?

Echinopsis Spiderspinensis

• Like 1