The Corroboree
terraferma

Unusual trichocereus

Question

Does anyone have a clue what this plant could be? Bridgesii possibly?... but it looks different from others I've seen.

post-15427-0-36051900-1409902078_thumb.j

post-15427-0-18317000-1409902088_thumb.j

post-15427-0-36051900-1409902078_thumb.jpg

post-15427-0-18317000-1409902088_thumb.jpg

post-15427-0-36051900-1409902078_thumb.jpg

post-15427-0-18317000-1409902088_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

7 answers to this question

Knuthianus ?

• Like 2

You know, i had the same Thought while looking at the other One you posted. Is it possible that both are actually the same were growing in close distance to another? Knuthianus is actually a Cuzcoensis-Variety.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Those super knobby ribs remind me of knuthianus too, the small amount of spines is interesting though.

• Like 1

You know, i had the same Thought while looking at the other One you posted. Is it possible that both are actually the same were growing in close distance to another? Knuthianus is actually a Cuzcoensis-Variety.

I don't think they are the same. The plant of this thread has these knobby ribs all over. There is another identical plant planted next to it (the two aren't connected) and it also has these knobby ribs all over (from top to bottom).

On the other hand, the plant of my other thread (Peruvianus/ Cuzcoensis) doesn't have knobby ribs (the ribs in some areas of the plant are even perfectly straight). There are 2 or 3 other separate identical plants next it it, and none of them have knobby ribs either.

Thanks to you all for your help! :)

• Like 1

Hi Terraferma, well, the other One is at least a Cuzcoensis and Knuthianus is actually a variety of Cuzcoensis.

Guys, please have a look at the Areoles at this Picture: Wouldn´t you think that the slant Areoles are pretty similar to what we know from knuthianus? Knuthianus is the only San Pedro that i know that has such distinct slant and swollen Areoles. Knuthianus Areoles are almost rectangular and so are these! Take a look at full zoom! I mean, spination is actually a bit different and goes towards Peruvianus, but personally, i think both could very well be something with a Knuthianus Cuzcoensis in it. Both are absolutely AWESOME Plants, no matter what.

IMG_6494.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2