The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nut

monstrose eileen offset??

Question

post-6697-0-80138800-1406828109_thumb.jpI realise i can just wait and see but i want some educated guesses now.This is an Eileen offset that grew towards the end of our summer(west aus).The mother plant was a little dehydrated but otherwise very healthy.Does this appear to be showing a form of monstrose growth?I was curious to see if the offset changed in appearance once the mother was hydrated again and it has not.Any comments would be appreciated.....im not sure why these images have turned out with such terrible res post-6697-0-86430900-1406828956_thumb.jpAny ideas as to what ive done wrong ive uploaded many photos before but have had to resize.these images are taken with my iphone and uploaded from my photostream on ipad.its 2am here and i cant think for myself!!!

post-6697-0-80138800-1406828109_thumb.jpg

post-6697-0-86430900-1406828956_thumb.jpg

post-6697-0-80138800-1406828109_thumb.jpg

post-6697-0-86430900-1406828956_thumb.jpg

Edited by nut
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Looking at these images this arvo from my iphone the uploads look crystal clear.so nobody knows what's up with this pup!!?!?

I don't think it looks monstrose. Pups can do strange things (I've had some that look like pineapples), plus you have a bit of snail/slug damage which can make them grow a bit weird. Damage to the plant can make them grow monstrose or cristate in rare cases, but I don't think that's happening here.

nice... seems like the bites (snail? grasshopper?) caused the strange shape so far ...

well lets hope the creatures brought some of the (virus??) magic that might cause monstrosity!

I have seen couple of photos of trichs that have maintained a form just like this.i guess this season will tell,the damage is deff slug/snail.hence the carpet bombing of pellets.