The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mutant

drunks zone /// mutant's unmoderated thread

first of all zelly

I agree with ya

alcohol , more than any other psychoactive, perhaps, reveals someones real character (to someone familiar with drunk VS sober)

maybe that's the reason all the burnt out druggies are so afraid of alcohol, I mean drinking more than 1-2 beers, especially those who had a past...

I am sure I am not afraid of who I am...

fuck those fucker that claim "man , I was drunk, that's why I acted so fucked up"

===

its so simple:

when we are sober, we are somewhat embarassed for what we said last night, and we are more peacemakers.. I never hid myself of what I exposed me to be...

so fuck off

at least we did not do shit, just said shit , cause ITS A FUCKING FORUM, REMEMBER?

fuck you fucking pussies...

====

But yeah

my words are supposed to mess up with all yo

I like that, violent expressions

---

some people said in the past I should take more and all... to be who?? to match with whom around me??

one should be able to have some social reference... cant skip that... can you???

there is not psychedelic community around here, and most of them interested in all this shit are shitheads, only are in it for the score.... fuck those fucking fuckers too...

what psychedelic reality

I HAVE LIVED A THOUSANDS LIVES SO FAR. EACH DAY FOR A LIFETIME.

serves me right to be drunk and whatnot it a land of zombies......

PS: have others felt they're on the verge of alcoholism? I

maybe that's the reason all the burnt out druggies are so afraid of alcohol, I mean drinking more than 1-2 beers, especially those who had a past...

I am sure I am not afraid of who I am...

That would surely be my reason :huh:

Ahh, the joys of alcoholic disinhibition. The intoxicated revealing of my very real flaws never really goes down well and I struggle to come up with good points about myself to go on a rant about, even when I'm temporarily less anxious. Hence alcohol has become a rarely used drug for me.

Being drunk in the land of zombies has 1) resulted in me thinking I could take on a bouncer at a club, thanks to diazepam and alcohol and 2) having no idea how I got back from, or what I did at an important uni event where they were serving free drinks which I foolishly had on top of my clonazepam. 3) Left me missing teeth from passing out and lastly 4) resulted in many nights I can't remember, apart from being terribly sick.

None of those were good situations :wink:

I don't think those situations have brought out my 'true character' thanks to alcohol. More that of 'someone who has a brain hardly functioning'...

PS: have others felt they're on the verge of alcoholism?

On the verge of alcoholism? Certainly have been. You know you're there when withdrawals mean horrible hallucinations, tachycardia, needing to get scripts for benzos before you die of a seizure...

The other warning sign is when you perfect a procedure for effectively removing denaturants so methylated spirits is enjoyably drinkable.

...then when one starts to think buying more potent alcohol derivatives would be a good idea.

Gah.

I crave something to take the edge off anxiety but alcohol, once a dependence of mine, doesn't rank highly on my cravings list - thankfully.

cheers

I just can't be a drunk! I tried it for a fortnight, hillbilly would testify. I can't consume enough liquid. Two longnecks )750ml) and I'm plastered and falling asleep. Once I've drank so much liquid it's like I'm not thirsty and can no longer drink liquid, if I do it feels like I'm "greening out" and am gonna vomit.

I am a happy drunk for the first couple of hours, then I get quite anxious, then can get rather aggressive followed by depression. I'll get home after a night drinking and lie awake thinking about what a dick I've been during the night and what a fool I am.

I don't think drinking to get drunk is for me.

I come from a long line of violent drunks, so maybe evolution has tweeked me to have this weird relationship with alcohol. Being drunk for a period of time is Definately not enjoyable.

I LOVE an ice cold longneck of coopers sparkling ale after a long hot day at work, so refreshing and cools me down and puts me in a happy mood, the second, I'm drunk and ready for sleep, but if I push it I can down a third and just be a mess lol who ain't gonna move very far at all.

If being drunk indicates who u really are I would say I'm bi polar which isn't very far from the truth I would say!!

As much for the rest of ur post I think ur just being angry, possibly drunk lol maybe ur an angry drunk, maybe u have a lot of repressed anger I dunno, but for those of us who have been around here a while know that it's a bit of a front, behind it all your actually a sweetheart, and a kind, considerate and generous human being who can't rap for shit haha (in English anyways)

In my time working in drug and alcohol rehabs the worst where the chronic Alcos, like Alcos who would get on it HARD for four months at a time. They would be hallucinating hellish visions, aka "the horrors" ghosts sitting on their beds, demons attacking them with knives, waking up thinking their arms and legs had been hacked of screaming.... And man dealing with those guys was like working with spoilt 5 year old brats. Temper tantrums 24/7 would lose it over someone moving their coffee mug, a roommate not making their bed )

(Didn't matter if they didn't make their own)

Give me a recovering junkie or methhead to work with any day than a chronic alco.

I started thinking alcohol abuse eroded away any concept of emotional reaponsibilty.

I don't think drinking to get drunk is for me.

To be honest I don't really think it's for anybody, at least not as a regular thing.

I love having at couple of drinks after a days work & can happily do this & still go about making dinner for my family & helping my kids with there homework. I love getting drunk also but I only do this at an appropriate time for example I will set up a day for drinking when my kids are at there nans or with a group of friends & family were there are sober people to look out for children.

I think drinking can be a great break from reality but has to be do responsibly, I think this is why it is so dangerous for people are depressed.

Cheers

Jox

I like the drunk part....but its not worth feeling like you fell off a tall building...the morning after...toxic stuff

@Jox & Dreamwalker, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. It can be fun from time to time if done responsibly and if it doesn't affect you in particularly adverse ways. But by the same token, if it causes you more strife and health-concerns than it's worth then leaving it alone can be the better choice.

Personally I hate the negative health consequences of getting drunk (you have to keep in mind that it IS toxic stuff, that affects you as a toxin will) such as declines in cognitive ability and mental clarity, not to mention how horrid a hangover can feel (ie, your body was just poisoned and damaged, and it damn well feels like that).

I don't notice any such consequences from a glass of red or two, and that can actually have health benefits as well...so I often will have a glass of red or two after a long day to unwind. Maybe once a year or so some ocassion will arise where I actually do get drunk, and it's fun at the time, but the after-effects are usually more than enough to deter me from doing it more often than that. My body has already had too much of that shit "back in the day"...if I knew then what it was doing to me I never would have done it to be honest. Young people really shouldn't binge drink...but my god did/do we :BANGHEAD2:

Well said mate,

I have spent my a morning hung over in my younger years, like I said I only drink enough to get drunk on rare occasions & I take steps to avoid getting to hung over, I make sure I eat three good meals on these days & make sure I finish my day/night with at least a liter of water. I find doing this makes a huge difference to the way I feel the following day.

Cheers

Jox

im drunk now , repotted loads of plants ,watered and gave fert to my greens. cooked a spicy noodle dish with prawns .. now on the couch watchin in the night garden,, i am a king

LOL in the night garden!!

Hey I'm drunk on red cooking a spag bol! Spag bols always taste better when ur drunk on red!

In the night garden spookiest kids show ever I get scared watching that. Creepy.

Should u put hoisin sauce in a spag Bol though?

I didn't I'm not that drunk yet.

alcohol is bad for you. we accept that recreational substances probably put a little strain on the health but we take them anyway.

the problem is that people get really cosy with alcohol, and alcohol really is quite bad for you.

a few drinks every now and then will sometimes be rewarding in the right setting with the right company. sometimes you can be cramping your own style in some skill/hobby without really realising it until one or two drinks loosens you up and puts you in the zone.

dimebag darrel, who was certainly one the great guitarists, apparently took the stage falling-over-drunk every time. i don't really believe it, but i dunno, maybe he was snorting coke to balance it out.

dimebag darrel, who was certainly one the great guitarists, apparently took the stage falling-over-drunk every time. i don't really believe it, but i dunno, maybe he was snorting coke to balance it out.

all the good music we listen too was wrote on booze,coke,heroin. :bong: awesome

Hey I'm drunk on red cooking a spag bol! Spag bols always taste better when ur drunk on red!

lol incog...with bolognese it's "put the wine in the sauce" not "get sauced on the wine" :P

I think the best way to enjoy alcohol is with a bit of an upper to balance it out and get a bit of duration out of it but only for a special occasion. Also like most drugs you need to have enough experience with it so you don't fall asleep or get to excitable but you also have to have had a good break from your last session to get the most out of it.

For me at least 2 weeks break then roughly about 1 standard drink every half hour keeps me having fun from about 5 till 12. If just a soft night ill usually stop at 10.30 - 11. love a J every hour or 2 also but again you got to have experience with the combination also because otherwise it may slow you down a bit.

But yeah if you drink too much too often you lose a lot of the joy and can become just sort of depressed and angry rather than happy and uplifted. And after thirty you have to have a plan for the day after. At the moment it is modafinil and caffeine for me or something a bit nicer if I have some laving around. This is a must or else as others say It may not be worth the fun the night before

Btw all these combinations are horrible for the body and mind if done too regularly!

Well that was sort of just about what I think about getting the most out of alcohol but I think the post is about how alcohol reveals the true self.

Im not sure on this one. All drug's open up our abilities to express existing or new thoughts but im not sure alcohol is the best example. I also feel the day after apology can be necessary and not just passed off as telling it how it is.

We all have thoughts we keep to ourselves and sometimes they are best kept that way. I don't think saying something for the sake of it is ok just because your drunk. Just because you may express thoughts you wouldn't when sober doesn't show your true personality in my opinion because part of my personality is deciding which thoughts would be worthwhile expressing rather than just spitting them out as part of a giant shit speaking train thundering down upon people who don't want or need to hear it.

When your drunk sometimes you think your doing the right thing by saying things you should probably shut up about. When you can avoid this then you are showing your true self when drunk in my opinion.

Also I agree that a drunk is much harder to deal with than a Meth head when they are under the influence but when it comes to dealing with people suffering from addiction on a daily basis they are all equally painful to deal with! I think it sometimes has more to do with the fact that people can have underlying issues which have lead to alcohol/drug abuse which also makes them difficult to deal with.

Thanks heaps for all these intertesting posts!

Incognito + general >>

yeah the initial post was a bit frustrated and a bit drunk, cause it came after zelly implied I am somehow hidding who I am when I am not drunk and it reveals itself when I post drunk, then EG locked the thread so I could not reply. Which is crap as have exposed myself a lot here PLUS I know who I am and my minuses and my shit self, never tried to hide them.

note that when I say drunk I do not mean loaded, blind drunk, just generally under the influence.. when you're REALLY drunk you cant really write in a forum, you have to try a lot to write a sentence and when you do you realise its full of mistakes syntax and others... I have made a couple such shitty posts in the last months...

Inco you rightly hypothesise I might have some untold anger inside, I might do, probably do, but its not untold... Lots of stuff get me angry on a philosophical point of view.. Talking and even argueing and disagreeing about all these is cleansing, and roots in a very old version of my self... it was always there... is a deep need of mine... in the last years it has gone so far I am seeing lots of the negative side of it too. But anyways I have lived in a non violent family and physical violence is not my thing. Maybe growing in such a calm family that avoided loud and intense conflicts gave me a tendency to an agressive debater to the point of being extremely unpolite. Maybe that verbal violence is a way to vent of physically. Playing the drums is like that too. Playing the synth is different IME.

My natal (astrology) chart on the other hand maps this tendency with the overly agressive overtones most amazingly in detail.. more than 6-7 astrological positions can be combined to compose the profile of my tendency to be a strong decicive seeker of truth and oftentimes agressive debater.

Anywayz alcohol multiplies this by x5 or x10 for me. When with people, sometimes, the more I have drunk the harder people around me can manage to get to talk, often shortly interrupted.

I have a tendency to act like a crusader for the truth, for honesty and all. I have came to the position, recently when I realised I must consider the possibility I have to suppress myself much more often than I now do: I needn't say everything I think or I find faulty in what others say, I needn't express every other think, needt correct then all the time when they make what I see as a mistake etc.

And then I am an egoist, when someone attacks me I defend myself the sameway I debate.

Alchemica>

I didn't exactly say alcohol reveals the inner true self, and besides the 'true self' , if there ever was such a thing, is not comprised of the acts of a drunk night. And maybe the word TRUE here is wrong or misleading. Psychedelics are those who are notorious for reavealing the psyche reality, hence tha name.. Sowhat does alcohol does.. it is like Alchemica nailed it, the mans oldest disinhibitant. Social lubricant. People burnt by alcohol damn it as the most violent thing, that ruined families , brings violence blabla blabla, and they would be right from their point of view. But its only honest to say it has also been the exactly opposite : Brings people to gether, make you , even temporarily, come really closer to someone.. even someone you just met!!

So by loosing (part of) your inhibitions , feeling euphoric and cozy and usually energetic at the start , and maybe a bit hedonistically , some real parts of the self are revealed. Drink more, and you might later get embarassed for what you said. People have defended themselves blaming heroin, pills or alcohol , blaming the drug for the evil deeds, something like "the devil made me do it" . I dont really buy that.. I know heroin junkies that did not steal.

And me personally I prefer talking to drunks than junkies, no idea about treating then though...

Moreover you mention some "unfortunate" episodic nights, but you were also on benzos, not only alcohol so??

I took a couple pills of some mild benzo once, bromazepam, along with some wine. No violence or whatever. I remember very little. I remember little, I remember we explored an expty derelict house next to the tavern we were eating.. and drinking and walking up really heavy, like I had smoked 10Js of the strongest shit the last night. That was some 17 years ago.

But yeah, I remember the zombie feeling of nothingness... its definately not regarded a good combo. And its a combo of two sedatives.. all seasoned users of alcohol know it can and will act sedatively...

Alcohol has many mechanisms to prevent you from getting too much and chronically fucked up on it ..

*the notorious alco -hungover , headaches and shit

*drink too fast and you might vomit, drink too much on empty stomach you might vomit, smoke a J after drinking too much and you might vomit, drink too much over all and you might vomit in the morning or during the sleep...

*the notorious body load, which becomes more evident as years go by (getting old, mutant?)

*bowel and stomach problems

*depressive tendencies for those who use it as anti-depressant

*anxiety tendencies for those who use it as anxiolytic

*liver load

*agression problems for those who tend to be agressive

a.o.

so in the end of the day, if you cant drink it, then blame it, (and especially if you have abused it in the past) then its only like the old greek saying rougly translated as "if you cant catch it, claim its no good"

it only depends on which side you are on, lol

its also awkward to speak generally , alchol is bad when each of us has a certain history...

gtarman>>> To be honest I don't really think it's for anybody, at least not as a regular thing."

well, which drug is for everybody, or anybody as a regular thing??

some pot users might say "pot" , but fuck this, not even pot is "good" , "regularly" ...

To be honest, I have an iron stomach (so far, I dont expect it to last forever, but its doing great so far, I dont get headaches and hangovers, just the heavy feeling if I overdo it. BUT I dont drink spirits or wine several years now, only beer.

I also never had anxiety or depression tendencies, I did have a shyness with girls and all, maybe with other people when I was younger. Alcohol has in several ways helped me work this out, as a sociallly acceptable lubricant it is. In the early days.. I think I first got drunk at 13-14, at a party in some dudes house I was DJing (lol) .. It was a rave party, if you can believe it... I still remember some dream sequence duing the night after that firstd drunk night... It can be argued, that this conversational/wisdom/debater aggressive attitude has been developed in some years... partly discovring my strong points, and fuck this is one of my strong points, sharp, passionate debater , seeker, explorer, with strong opinions on almost everything..... it too has helped with several things, including to know myself better and my limits better: yes, even I have limits, and shit have limits...

of course my other philosophical self claims: there are no limits in imagination, art, philosophy. And with philosophy and fascination of the truth, it surfaces in all my incarnations: drunk, stoned, sober. :)

I have also felt that melancholy/depression the day after I have seriously fucked up (AKA getting too drunk and being ashamed the next day for what you sayd did or was done to you) : some serious insults or even a company atmosphere ruined by the edge and tone of my comments . And even more serious stuff, people usually try to avoid.. remembering.. heh.. we do that , huh, people... ? yeah we do.. but yeah, there's a real nasty night (caused by drinking too much 50% spirit alcohol when I usually drink beer), which I have only told to one friend of mine, and that in abstract. No physical violence there either.. Well the other party was really close to getting violent with me, though, as well as they nearly dropped me (this was a long car drive) in the mid of a highway... thankfully they took me to my car - thankfully I was too wasted to even think about driving, I dont remember shit... I dont remember how I got home. Rather with a taxi.

Anyways, how can you forget/forgive yourself to getting at so low level? I was raving to those guys I had only met that day for the first time.. riding in their car! Blaming the fucking drug is easy.. But it doesn't say the truth. But we do, and we manage to forget.. Well its useful to remember ... You did it anyway, not the drugs! I remember what sparked the trigger in me then ... like most of it these days sparks and triggers, is political talk... Gosh, I am fed up with the political illiteracy of the people combined with the indifference of most people for it. And sometimes it comes out really bad..

re>>> using something to balance out alcohol>>>> well it could be both types of psycho active mushrooms, in small , or mid (for amanita) doses.. the latter combo is only recommended for people both experienced in drinking alcohol and dosing amanitas. and its heavier on the liver (tip use Silybum marianum extract for liver protection)

re>>>> uppers as a means to balance out alcohol, lol

I was never thinking it like that, but rather as, uppers go wonderfully with a couple beers, now and then, so you're drinking beer because you're on speed. (note: its very essential to drink water, REAL WATER, when drinking beers along with dancing hard on an upper)

Drinking water along with drinking helps heaps for those who get hungovers and headaches and the like.. How do you think ancient greek had their last so much? they drank water, they ate, and maybe they had some kykeon drops too hidden somewhere. Joke aside, greeks put water in their wine, as it was pretty strong shit.

this text was not written under the alcohol influence, but reading your comments and all, and me writing this, brought a slight craving for a cold beer.. too early for that...

I dont feel shivers, so I guess...

so far so good...

PS: I went to the musem today at the morning and I was pretty cold due to the fucking airconditioning... I didn't tremble or shiver though.... Does it count? :P

My history with alcohol is best left in the past as I don't want to go into details and somehow give anyone the impression they may be able to survive what I put my body through but here is random things I noticed

- To stop talking over people debating etc. Put on some tunes! You will sing and dance and everyone else can enjoy the night also! trust me you will forget about debating and have a good night. smoking a joint can chill you out a bit also

- I noticed my ability to think on the spot and converse in social situations diminished when not under the influence. This does improve with abstinence but slowly.

- after a few drinks I thought I was indestructible. You don't really notice this at the time but you want to be aware of it. That guy your aggressively debating with that looks like nothing now is the same guy you would have though "shit wouldn't want to piss that guy off" before you started drinking! Also no matter how much you may want to start/do something remember the next day you will probably be glad you didn't

- Other than Marijuana Alcohol was the hardest thing for me to shake regular use of. Harder for me to stop than cocaine, speed, ( mdma, lsd which I am aware you cant do every day due to tolerance but you can still do them ever couple which I did) It may seem I have an addictive personality which I do but when introduced to Meth a few years back which I enjoy I never have the desire to use that regularly!

- After stopping regular drinking it took me over three years of hard training and clean diet to achieve the good physique I once had.

- I used to get pretty bad anxiety sometimes from stupid stuff I did on a big night and this would sometimes continue to bother me for months

- It is pretty easy to want to slip back into regular drinking if you have nothing to stop you as it gets easier to deal with the hangover, you just don't get them. You also get quite a bit of energy - up until around beer o'clock when you will feel a strong need to recharge. I have actually gone on 10km runs or done a few rounds of sparring just after getting up out of bed drinking some water after 30+ drinks the night before.

- While I regret what it did to my body and mind over the years I was abusing alcohol and I may regret some thing I did; I don't regret drinking as the times I had were great and I was pretty happy most of the time. If I could relive my time im not sure I would change it. You have a great time at the expense of missing out achieving some things.

- hydration and regular supplementation with vit and minerals that alcohol effects absorption is very important as there is a big

difference between me now and some of my mates who did the same thing without taking care of themselves.

- Do take into account it's effects on depression. I often hear mates/people complain "I've never been the same since I did (enter drug here) for 6 weeks" BUT they still get shit faced every weekend! (but I've always done that they say)

****************************************MOST IMPORTANT!!*********************************

- Alcohol more than ANY other drug has the potential to make you display the most disgusting traits of the human race. Please take this into account before and during drinking. No one (friend, family or stranger) should have to put up with crap you are capable of when drunk.

Im not really trying to take any side here. Im glad it's available to me. It mixes well with almost anything and I think I will always do it to some extent. But im glad I have learnt from my experiences and I think I can continue to enjoy a drink for longer and less dangerously than before.

hey rigger tell my work bud . hes thinks booze is evil but aye he can go for 5 days without sleep on the gear :scratchhead: EVERY FUCKEN WEEK. crazy hey

o yeah and the crazed zombie potheads @ work that smoke a Q a day . they think booze is bad too :BANGHEAD2: