The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FickFackMD

That guy....

i don't see this is a lynch-mob. who is lynching anybody? its a legitimate question about an active member.

since he posted the same topic twice i'm calling 'limited human piloting'. i've reported the post because the user doesn't appear human and is filling up the news section with articles (the news section isn't there to be filled with articles, believe it or not).

paradox for the sake of discussion and to help the admin team with any follow up action they may or may not decide to take..

.. would you care to elaborate on your claim that clickhere is using NLP?

The news and notices section used to be mainly used for directly relevant stuff, like an announcement about an upcoming EGA or other event. Then people started using it for other related news, like drug busts and new laws. But now it just seems to be a dumping ground for anything from the daily mail that is remotely related to drugs, civil liberties, invasion of privacy, authoritarianism, and the occasional story that has nothing to do with any of these. I could see a logical argument for dividing the section into a "news" and a "notices" section, where "news" could be anything copied from a 'news' site that you think other members might find interesting, and the "notices" section that would be reserved for more relevant, first-hand stuff, like if you're organising an event and want to publicise it.

in a forum section, in this case the news & notices section, all the threads are listed on the page one on top of the other. directly below each thread title in faded grey small text is the name of the topic starter. the bold bright text of the titles immediately take your conscious attention when you look at the page, meanwhile the small light text becomes part of the very edge of your periphery vision, which while not conscious is being registered by the sub-conscious. any suggestive stimuli in that fine text is perfectly placed to be picked up & registered by the subconscious. the only way to place a suggestion in that fine text is by making your username the suggestion

when you look at the title of any of these threads, whether you know it or not your subconscious mind is being told to: CLICKHEREx

this is not a conspiracy theory. whether it's a bot, a good bloke that doesn't know this or a good bloke that does, this is the basis of pretty much all marketing & thats pretty much whats going on whenever you look at that page

i thought you might have meant NLP embedded in the subject or body of his posts.

that's a good point you make! i don't see it as particularly malicious, but it does say "i'm pushing something".

I always considered it to be way too obvious to be anything like that, and just took it as a jokey name.

I post in several other forums, and have received a lot of positive feedback from them, but if Torsten tells me to change my ways, I'll take notice; otherwise I'm too old to care much, and fully intend to continue as I am, until increasing ill health prevents me, maybe soon.

If people don't like my articles, they don't have to read them.

Whenever I have something useful to reply, which isn't often, I do so, and sometimes include such replies from them, and also reply occasionally here, but am generally fully occupied.

My ISP is down, and I'm reduced to using a laptop, and using other alternatives, hence my absence.

Isn't NLP largely discredited as pseudoscience anyway?

Nlp, lynch mobs,botty spamming, creating myth to create a conspiracy, eliminating scary new things because they are new.

These matters are highly unintelligent and quite frankly, obscene.

The bloke shares relevant information with us, his viewpoint and ..............the cloak and dagger shite resurfaces.

If a conspiracy is proved ,we are all cognoscente and time is a great ex poser of the truth.

post-4664-0-99797300-1392716840_thumb.jp

do not go to a yoga class in sex lane because you'll leave all horny and shit.

truth1.jpg

truth1.jpg

Clickhere isn't the only one posting vaguely relevant or interesting "news" articles in the wrong subforum - plenty of people do it, I've almost done it myself a few times just because the word "news" jumped out when I was choosing where to post - but skimming through the list of recent topics, he's winning by far.

I could see a logical argument for dividing the section into a "news" and a "notices" section, where "news" could be anything copied from a 'news' site that you think other members might find interesting, and the "notices" section that would be reserved for more relevant, first-hand stuff, like if you're organising an event and want to publicise it.

I was just going to suggest renaming "News and Notices" as "Community Notices" or something, so that people don't keep getting led astray by the word "news" like I do. And then maybe also add "news articles and discussion of current events" or something to the Chill Space description ("Discussion on anything and everything that doesn't belong in any other forum") so that it's a bit more obvious at a glance where that kind of stuff should go?

......These matters are highly unintelligent and quite frankly, obscene......time is a great ex poser of the truth.

settle bro, communication is good. and, you know, saves time...

buggered if i know why people are so afraid of it..

this forum is not a large scale globalized social order run by faceless bankers & multinational corporate interests. this is a small community of people with somewhat similar interests. communication is essential in such a group isn't it? in our culture we're so used to having our reality dictated to us & any form of dissent immediately crushed it seems people that are sensitive to that are so paranoid about being controlled they project it onto simple forms of communication being carried out by a few people in a small group.

if someone in a small group has a (not unreasonable) concern it should be communicated. everyone can then have their say & everyone can walk away a little more enlightened. it's pretty simple & not a threatening scenario. unfortunately in this age of globalization & mass scale individualist/consumerist culture most people understand nothing about human to human communication. just mass scale media & their tiny circle.

Clickherex is a prolific poster, but if you ignore all other accusations for a moment, is that really a bad thing? A forum changes with its members and in particular a subforum changes with its most active members.

Is the volume in the news & notices section too big? if it is then maybe we can address that rather than the process or member itself. I personally have not felt this being a problem. It doesn't matter who posts the article and clickherex just happens to be the fastest at doing so. plenty of times I've logged in to post some news and he's already done it. Rather than complaining about it I am just happy it is already here.

I do notice however that OPs are more likely to engage in a discussion because it is their own thread, and clickhere does not do that much. So there is one drawback I have noticed. I have weighed this up against the fact that the news section is a very high content subforum thanks to clickherex.

Would we even be having this discussion if clickherex had a different name? Most of the reports we've had weren't about the content of his posts or his posting pattern, but about the suspicion raised by the name. That's OK. We appreciate the vigilance. But in this case there isn't an issue.

The few times when the post numbers seemed excessive, especially for such a short period of time [say, 10 posts in an hour, all in news & notices], I took a close look at the content and only occasionally found the odd one that might be better off in the chill space. rarely are they suited to other sub forums. For example, a legal issue that is of immediate concern is often better started as a news item and then moved to legals later. So even when I try to take out a post or two of his, I often find myself unable to clearly identify reasons for doing so other than news & notices volume. So after doing this a few times i've stopped worrying about it. he doesn't post massive amounts every day, posts almost entirely on topic, almost entirely in the right forum and almost never posts anything that is already posted in news or elsewhere [so presumably he reads the other subforums]. if that changes we might need to look at it, but at this stage we should just be happy that he is making such a great effort of bringing us all that news.

If you're that easily influenced that a forum name causes you to change your reading behaviour, then the problem probably lies with you rather than him ;)

and thank you to those who drew my attention to this thread. I'd hate for such an active and well-meaning member to feel he was unwelcome because of some other members' paranoid conclusions [and no, I am not referring to those who just want to have an open dialogue about this].

Well said

I just had a look and there are actually a couple of 'inappropriate' threads in the last month. There's a repeat post, which as mod I should have spotted and deleted, and a couple that are a bit marginal in terms of topic and hence should probably be in chill space. It's really borderline kinda stuff, so I have to ask myself that if I can't even be 100% sure, how can a member be sure where the limit is!

Then again, if I was to hide all of his posts I'd probably find the same error rate on a page of posts by other members.

I am only mentioning it here to prevent a flood of posts pointing fingers at examples. I know they exist. And no, I don't see them as a major issue.

But i will have a chat to the mods and maybe even install a new mod for the news section who will keep a closer eye on it than I can.

IMHO What about making a random news thread so if anybody feels it is news worthy they can post it there.

Or if it is a major news maybe thread worthy .

bigred, that's what the chill space is ;)

bigred, that's what the chill space is ;)

You think it pisses some people off now? Imagine if chill space was filled with these threads!

If i find a cool story i normally post in the random thread .We could start a random news thread

what harm can it do

If i find a cool story i normally post in the random thread .We could start a random news thread

what harm can it do

I'm sure people would use it, but unless there were rules set up, I don't think it would solve the perceived problems. Perhaps if there was a rule that anything that you're not posting for discussion has to go in the random news thread. This would mean that people who post links to stories and then don't participate in a discussion on the topic (which is what a lot of people are critical of clickherex for doing) will need to use the random thread. It would make sense, because a lot of people find all these news links to be worthy of posting, but if there's no discussion on each individual topic, they don't need their own thread.

The only problem with this is that it's the type of rule that might largely be ignored or misunderstood by new members, which would then require more policing from mods. I'm not quite sure what the solution is, but I'm convinced that there is a way to keep everyone happy.

again

I think clickhere is cool to have to keep us posted on these topics. But he should contribute in other ways, and actually become a part of the community and not just that one dude that posts political drug topics.

Like we dont even know if he's into gardening at all lol