The Corroboree
rahli

Psychotria horizontalis seed competition

Hi folks,

I have 20 x P. horizontalis seeds to give away.

This plant is harder then P. viridis to grow so I want to give them to the member who has grown the biggest and best P. viridis bush.

Post photos of your P. viridis bush (that you have grown) and may the best bush win. Stand beside your beast with your thumbs up and back facing the camera to provide both scale and proof of your hard work.

I will choose the winner on Friday the 23rd of January, in one week time.

Here is a picture of the berries on the bush. I have 3 of these plants and they have remained small bushes for the last couple of years I have been growning them. They are however a sweet little plant.

Oh yeah and Australia only, sorry folks.

post-3173-0-83486100-1421307530_thumb.pn

post-3173-0-83486100-1421307530_thumb.png

post-3173-0-83486100-1421307530_thumb.png

Edited by rahli
  • Like 9

Okay seems everyone is a bit shy......... or doesn't want the seeds.

I'll get the ball rolling.

And I'll chuck in a P. viridis and an Alicia anisopetala rooted cutting (I'll pay postage) to get everyone a little more motivated.

Edited by rahli
  • Like 8

Nice one Rahli.

Unfortunately my knee-high viridis is a little shameful :)

• Like 1

Okay seems everyone is a bit shy......... or doesn't want the seeds.

I'll get the ball rolling.

And I'll chuck in a P. viridis and an Alicia anisopetala rooted cutting (I'll pay postage) to get everyone a little more motivated.

Geez Rahli - with a Psychotria that big I reckon most of the punters (myself included) will be running scared... Nevertheless I will rustle up the missus and a camera and shoot what I got, because I am most interested in some P. horizontalis seeds....

• Like 1

Nice one Rahli.

Unfortunately my knee-high viridis is a little shameful :)

Hey toast,

Nothing to be ashamed of. All entries will be considered........... even if you have to kneel next to your beast with your thumbs up. :wink:

Geez Rahli - with a Psychotria that big I reckon most of the punters (myself included) will be running scared... Nevertheless I will rustle up the missus and a camera and shoot what I got, because I am most interested in some P. horizontalis seeds....

Great. Looking forward to seeing your entry tarenna. By the way, my entry is not in the running. Just showing off a little as my plants are booming with all the rain at present and I don't want to be the only one to admire their beauty. :worship:

Much respect for your plants Rahli - mighty impressive!!!

• Like 1

Super sexy plant Rahli.......soooo jealous.

Let me know if you decide to run a saddest psychotria comp dude.....might just have a winner :)

psychseedlings

:P
  • Like 5

And we have prioritize out in front. Beautiful plants mate!

these are not mine but a friends so not sure if it can be an offical entry....but they would love some horizontalis seeds..

post-13531-0-80086200-1421572495_thumb.j

post-13531-0-80086200-1421572495_thumb.jpg

post-13531-0-80086200-1421572495_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

these are not mine but a friends so not sure if it can be an offical entry....but they would love some horizontalis seeds..

CAM00115 - Copy.jpg

Hey teamwhy,

Those plants look great. But without the grower standing in front with their thumbs up........ i can't quite tell how big they are. Ask your mate to stage the shot if they want to be in the running.

my friends are really shy and no way would go in a photo even know it from behind and all. it's just there style.

it's all good they know they will come across some seeds one day.

forgot to say cool comp.. i hope more peolpe post and i get to see some gems!

• Like 1

All entries (including cubism's smallest plants) will recieve some P. viridis seeds, depending on how many berries i've got or how long you are willing to wait for them.

Come on folks, get the pics up. Friday is the deadline!

• Like 1

Haha rahli. Far too kind mate!

OK Rahli - I couldn't rustle up anybody to take photos with me in it - instead I enlisted my son's good friend Froggy to hang amongst the foliage and give some sense of scale. You are fortunate to live in the tropics Rahli, the subtropics impose limitations on plant growth that are apparent when comparing our photos....

med_gallery_3048_859_255300.jpg

med_gallery_3048_859_569585.jpg

med_gallery_3048_859_446244.jpg

med_gallery_3048_859_423457.jpg

Edited by tarenna
  • Like 6

post-8138-0-40169900-1421995553_thumb.jp

I know its about viridis, (theres 2 in the pic although small), a possum eaten cartha, some cartha seedlings & some native Psychotria

All except the native are seed grown. The native came from someone here;).!!

Yep, there all small! I had this possum (till it decided it liked fruit in a box - 2 days ago) that would of been nuts! Seems the native animals know about cacti & eating certain combinations of plants. Any way he has moved onto another place 25km aways!

post-8138-0-40169900-1421995553_thumb.jpg

post-8138-0-40169900-1421995553_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

okay competition is finished.

OK Rahli - I couldn't rustle up anybody to take photos with me in it - instead I enlisted my son's good friend Froggy to hang amongst the foliage and give some sense of scale. You are fortunate to live in the tropics Rahli, the subtropics impose limitations on plant growth that are apparent when comparing our photos....

med_gallery_3048_859_255300.jpg

med_gallery_3048_859_569585.jpg

med_gallery_3048_859_446244.jpg

med_gallery_3048_859_423457.jpg

Wow tarenna, that bush sure is going strong. It would sure be a winner but I'm going to have to give the main prize to prioritise as he followed the competition rules to the letter and posted himself in the pic for scale. I do have a few extra seeds to send your way though so best of luck mate.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_3245 (2)_resized.JPG

I know its about viridis, (theres 2 in the pic although small), a possum eaten cartha, some cartha seedlings & some native Psychotria

All except the native are seed grown. The native came from someone here;).!!

Yep, there all small! I had this possum (till it decided it liked fruit in a box - 2 days ago) that would of been nuts! Seems the native animals know about cacti & eating certain combinations of plants. Any way he has moved onto another place 25km aways!

Looking great alternate. I've got some P. viridis seeds to send you if you want them.

• Like 1

First prize goes to prioritise - 20 x p. horizontalis seeds, 1 x p. viridis rooted cutting and 1 x Alicia anisopetala rooted cutting

Second prize goes to tarenna - 15 x p. horizontalis seeds and some p. viridis seeds

Everyone else who posted a pic in the thread gets some p. viridis seeds.

PM me your address to receive your prizes.

Thanks for playing!

• Like 3