The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Sallubrious

Federal police apologise after leaving 230 grams of plastic explosives at Sydney airport.

A Cessnock woman was given a relacement bag for hers that had been damaged at sydney airport. She took the bag home and found the plastic explosives and handed it in to Cessnock police. The police shit themselves and evacuated the police station until the explosives had been dealt with (I'm assuming by the bomb squad or some other brigade of rambos that deal with bombs)

The official reason given by the airport commander was that the explosives had been left behind after a training excercise.

I understand there is a need for sniffer dogs to be trained to detect such things but why the fuck was this being carried out in a public space frequented by thousands of people each day?

A statement from commander Buchorn said

“Although the travelling public was not in danger at any time, we regularly review our processes in this area, and we will do again in the light of this incident"

If the public was never in any danger why were the police at Cessnock so worried that they evacuated the police station when they realised what it was ? Either the airport commander is seriously downplaying this incident or the police at Cessnock are a pack of nancies.

I tend to lean towards the first suggestion, if there are unsecured explosives around then it has to be considered a serious incident and the appropriate precautions need to be taken -ie evacuation and calling the bomb squad. Any police officer who didn't deal with it that way would be operating well outside of their own guidelines.

If a 230 block of plastic explosives can just be forgotten and left in a public place it makes you wonder what they deem as being important enough to care about.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

“Although the travelling public was not in danger at any time, we regularly review our processes in this area, and we will do again in the light of this incident"

what do they call the lady who carried home a bag full of plastic explosives?

230 grams of c4 hardly consttutes a bag full, and, as far as i know, it is pretty useless without a detonator. if i was her i would have taken it down the dodgy side of town and traded up for a motorcycle or somethin'. it's just lucky it didn't end up in an arabic chaps bag, can you imagine one of those people innocently walking into the police station with some semtex to hand it back, he'd be on rendition in cuba by now.

• Like 3

needs a primary explosion to set off most plastic explosives.....you can smash it with hammers and burn it with no drama. Carrying it about is as safe as a tub of playdough.

There is no doubting that its tradable

But like who the fck "forgets" the stuff...lol....the stuff could have got into someones hands that could improvise

and deploy it.

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 1

They would never use real explosives for a training exercise in a public area. There is just no need to use the real thing when a dummy device would suffice. (And if it was for sniffer dogs, they certainly don't need 230g!) Regardless of the impossibility of setting it off without a primary charge, the exercise would never be approved due to the remote chance that the explosive material may be misplaced or stolen (lol!).

They don't just hand explosives out, there are so many checks and signatures needed to sign out anything let alone 230g of explosives. As if that would have been allowed to go unaccounted for.

And who the fuck is given a replacement bag by the airport, ever!

Dodgy as, I wonder what the real story is...

Edited by Alice
  • Like 6

The police shit themselves and evacuated the police station until the explosives had been dealt with (I'm assuming by the bomb squad or some other brigade of rambos that deal with bombs)

My first reaction was to assume, as others did, that they are pansy ass cowards running from something harmless.

But really, lets give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps it was just one wet noodle that shat his panties and ran... but took the donuts with him to safety. The rest just followed the donuts.

I can see the behind the scenes exchange.

"Damnit bob, its the anniversary of 9/11, you were supposed to hide the bomb on an ARAB"

• Like 3

They would never use real explosives for a training exercise in a public area. There is just no need to use the real thing when a dummy device would suffice. (And if it was for sniffer dogs, they certainly don't need 230g!) Regardless of the impossibility of setting it off without a primary charge, the exercise would never be approved due to the remote chance that the explosive material may be misplaced or stolen (lol!).

They don't just hand explosives out, there are so many checks and signatures needed to sign out anything let alone 230g of explosives. As if that would have been allowed to go unaccounted for.

Dodgy as, I wonder what the real story is...

Back in the day all the bomb detector dogs were trained using socks that were stored in tins at a secure location with target materials to maintain a good strong odour. Enough that the dogs should be able to smell it across a busy cargo dock or baggage hall.

Only the socks were EVER used for training & for feed times never the actual targets.

Either this is a monumental fuck up or very very fishy indeed.

• Like 1

what do they call the lady who carried home a bag full of plastic explosives?

Semtex Sally

• Like 2

at least they apologized. if cops here apologized for things i reckon it would make headlines

i bet it was fucken terrorists.

i know that cops never usually lie but they don't want us to feel concerned or unsafe so they've covered up the terror plot even at the expense of their own reputations

who knows for sure what happened at port arthur but i heard there was a team of crack shot arab terrorists. the cops sheltered us from the horrifying truth by saying a tazzy kid was responsible, plus the kid was a bit of a little fuckup so they fixed him up and averted a state of panic in one manoeuvre. the official story that a fuckup kid undertook the most successful shooting spree in history is sometimes considered an unbelievable lie, but it's not! it's a great lie. a patriotic lie. only an unpatriotic terrorist wouldn't support our lies. i love truth, but you gotta support the lies.

support the lies!

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2