The Corroboree
newageshaman

What Video Games Do You Play?

I've just bought a 360 after not having a console in 15 years. so far really like Dirt 3 my mate's copy of dirt 2 made up my mind to buy a 360 lol

I just finished gears of war 2 and enjoyed it

I used to really like the horizontal scrolling screen shooter games but can't think of any names I mostly played these in arcades in the early nineties . Time killers was another game from back then as well as mortal kombat. R-type on sega as well

If anyone can suggest cool car games for the 360 I'd be stoked = )

PGR racing and any need for speed games are usually good racing games. as a kid loved playing need for speed, always made me feel like a badass street racer lol

yeah I am kinda bogan but gran turismo doesn't cut it at least the version I tried a couple of years ago I think my love of car games started with "out run" then maybe colin mcrae on a friends play station then daytona on arcade then recently when I found dirt 2

You're all nuts. Dirt 2, burnout, nfs can all be fun, but it's kind of limited and the main benefit of them is that you don't need a lot of skill to play at some level, particularly good if you're having a piss up or something, but at the end of the day for me, if I'm sober and actually want to test/improve my skills, it's gotta be gtr2, rfactor, iracing...

• Like 1

I was never really any good at games,, except GT5 with the wheel and pedals, then the essence of bogan is revealed from my inner core haha i like alot of other games, just not very good :-) and if you havnt done it yet,, I'd recommend invest in a $10 HDMI cable from Kmart, graphics are improved quite a fair bit.

Dungeons and Dragons Online,

Payday 2,

Borderlands 2,

Chivalry,

Volgarr The Viking,

Spelunky,

Just to name the ones I play currently...

whats your favorite final fantasy game mate, i'd have to say mines FF8 was the first one i ever played and just loved the character artwork. If you ever get the chance to play any new games you should definently try kingdom hearts

my favourite was number 9, kupo!

ff8 had great artwork, i agree, also the storyline was fantastic.

but they were/are all pretty fun, tbh...

i keep hearing good things about kingdom hearts, but am afraid to play it,

y'know, being a fully grown man now, hahaha...

Edited by hunnicutt

i played silent hill for 5 minutes once, got scared and never played it again. best money i ever spent

• Like 5

at the moment i play a lot of dota 2, a bit of Day Z and a fair amount of Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Mech Warrior Online... Surely some of you guys are old battletech fans???

Been playing a bit myself. Decent game.

GTA V is my main focus atm. But i'm loving the new Mortal Kombat, Ninja Gaiden 2 is awesome. I've got a few games that need to be played. Fallout New vegas being one of them. Anyone played Geometry wars? Crazy, psychedelic looking little arcade shooter. Once we get the internet (at home) there's a few xbox arcade games that I've been eyeing for a while. They have gone and updated Perfect Dark from the Nintendo 64 which was one of the best games I've ever played.

So many games, Not enough money.

• Like 1

They have gone and updated Perfect Dark from the Nintendo 64 which was one of the best games I've ever played.

Goldeneye source (updated version of the Goldeneye 64 multiplayer using the source engine) is free now. Lots of fun and nostalgia :)

GTA V certainly looks the part. I read on a games forum a while back a post from one of the members after he'd watched a youtube preview of the game. He said "I think I just came"

I like my video games but not quite that much.

I just couldn't get into the GTA 4 trilogy for some reason, I loved San Andreas and the earlier ones but GTA4 just never did it for me.

Does anyone have any tips on setting up the rally cars in Gran Tourismo ? I can kick arse in all the road modes, but the rally cars are all over the place like a mad womans' shit.

Hey Sally, the rally section of GT is bloody hard, we have attempted a few times,, yet need alot more time to figure out the driving style. Once figured out tho, I think rally will be fun.

oh yeah, also play "the house of the dead Overkill" on the Wii, nothing like blasting away zombies. A Tarantino style, gritty film kind of game.

I've done a bit of real world rally driving so I expected that part of the game to be almost second nature.

It seems to me like they've got the physics engine wrong for that part of the game. The road sim is really starting get a realistic feel to it but they seem to have gone overkill on the drifting and low traction aspect of the rally vehicles.

• Like 1

I would like to put more time into the rally section, but my bro gets a bit frustrated, so we stick to the bitumen lol it is his console after all :)

I am currently playing Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines which was released almost 10 years ago. I'm also playing a sci-fi puzzle, The Swapper, and a freaking scary survival horror called Outlast.

Prior to that I was playing Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves which I thought was hugely enjoyable and rather unique, it is a strategy, tower defense, FPS set in the Canadian wilderness in 1885 and it has werewolves :) Grab your axe & musket.

I really enjoyed The Walking Dead, if you liked the tv show try the game, some great voice acting & character development with a pretty cool story which kind of fits in with the tv series. The game is a prequel.

I get most of my games on Steam and am always looking out for interesting indi games, of which there are many.

I don't play the big titles too much and usually wait until they are on special a year later although i will probably get the Witcher 3 close to release.

So many good games and so little time to game.

• Like 2

Scariest games I've played:

Undying made me shit my pants

Doom 3

Early Resident Evils

Both Dead Spaces, but the first one freaked the shit out of me. Had to play in half hour bursts.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is awesome.

I was gunna say the games i play most are on Nintendo Entertainment System, and i don't suppose you mean this old gem (cioncidentally my favourite game, and seemingly starring mel gibson):

NES%20Shadow%20Warriors%202.jpg

Anyone played Geometry wars?

Yeah it is good, but i prefer "spheres of chaos". Much more pschedelic, especially the sound effects. Try it, its tiny and runs on any computer, kicks arse. Turn up the number of bonus crates and shit gets hectic.

1969.jpg

oh and fallout is sick, i just wish the radio played more than 5 songs...

Edited by Frank leDank
  • Like 1

Scariest games I've played:

Undying made me shit my pants

Clive barker is my hero

Gyruss?

Honestly Im scared to play them because I will again get addicted and end up losing another job staying up til 5 am like I did with the first two tomb raiders

Its different to gyruss but reminiscent of many other games eg maelstrom for mac.

somebody (frank) posted it in the psychedelic links thread and im quite a fan, it would be cool to see somebody take the concept further.

Wait, what did i do? i don't know what gyrus is, or maelstrom for mac. however

BRAINWAVE

You just reminded me of one of my favourite childhood games. Spectre VR, for Mac. anyone played this old thing? 3D vector environment where you drive tanks around. Tanks were customisable in terms of strength, speed and firepower., you had a limited number of spec points to assign to these to create slightly different tanks.

I liked the atmosphere.

03-1.jpg

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT! I remember that game from my primary school days. That games was bloody awesome. When I say Ninja Gaiden II, I mean this game frank http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_II

Does anyone have a modded Nintendo Wii? Softmodding one lets you play old nes, snes and 64 games as well as old playstation one games, except you need physical disks for the latter. As well as playing wii games off a hard drive.

Wiis are cheap as chips these days.

• Like 1