The Corroboree
_Cursive

The Fall of Australia - Coming Catastrophes in the Australian Economy

• Like 2

40 minutes and not even a brief description?

• Like 1

WW3 is not for another 10 - 20 years off,

there''s still a lot more capital to exploit, a lot more brown and black people to kill before the white mans honey runs out,

much to wait and be sure,

This year its 100 years since the start of ww1. Just sayin.

I started watching it. This bloke seems to know what he is talking about edit: but he could just be promoting ideas that world mis-leaders would like us to believe.

Edited by anon

WW3 is not for another 10 - 20 years off,

there''s still a lot more capital to exploit, a lot more brown and black people to kill before the white mans honey runs out,

much to wait and be sure,

so says the Atheist prophet?

Cursive he means you posted a 40 minute long video without saying what its about first

Oh right! Apologies. But I don't think it really needs explaining as there is all the info in the subject :)

• Like 1

Well so far there's not enough information in this thread pertaining to the subject to warrant my interest.

Not trying to say 'ooo look at me, my time is too precious to waste' but it seems like yet another crazy 40 minute boring youtube video with emotionally reactive propaganda music in the background.

• Like 2

picard-facepalm.jpg

that was painful,

carbon tax had demonstrably low impact on the australian economy, 0.7% CPI increase, now we have, thanks to the "free market" gas prices increasing by some 300% in places, all because energy retailers can get higher prices by exporting it and thinking "let's fuck over a captive market as much as we can!", yeah free market is awesome! but you know, carbon tax was a fucking wrecking ball and etc.

also people have been predicting the death of the housing market for a decade, wake me up when it happens yeah?

i would treat with a high degree of scepticism everything a so called "anarcho-capitalist" says

fuck me quoting tony abbott on anything should immediately disqualify anyone's argument,

• Like 1

carbon tax was actually a good way of raping us of cash through electricity bills...

• Like 1

that was painful,

carbon tax had demonstrably low impact on the australian economy, 0.7% CPI increase, now we have, thanks to the "free market" gas prices increasing by some 300% in places, all because energy retailers can get higher prices by exporting it and thinking "let's fuck over a captive market as much as we can!", yeah free market is awesome! but you know, carbon tax was a fucking wrecking ball and etc.

also people have been predicting the death of the housing market for a decade, wake me up when it happens yeah?

i would treat with a high degree of scepticism everything a so called "anarcho-capitalist" says

fuck me quoting tony abbott on anything should immediately disqualify anyone's argument,

Are you pro 'the-system-we-have-now?

I don't quite know what you're getting angry at. You do realise that it is government that fucks everyone over by implementing taxes and laws by coercion. We don't have a 'free market' anymore. What we have now is fascism under the guise of Capitalism with laws made (by government) to protect themselves and their vested interests (big businesses) bought out with fiat currency (printed money).

In an Anarcho-Capitalist system, there would be no taxes, printed money would literally be worth nothing, there would be a whole range of entrepreneurs where lobbyists couldn't stifle ideas. I'll use your oil/gas prices as an example. The oil tycoons buy out 'clean energy' concepts all the time (with fiat currency). With no printed money from the government, they would HAVE to offer you something of worth in order to buy it. What that is, we don't know yet. This makes it FAR harder to just buy things off, weather it be people or ideas.

Edited by _Cursive

i'm fully aware of the "it just will" type of faith "anarcho-capitalists" (i use this term with derision, btw) have in their little theory,

as though human greed will just magically vanish overnight if there's no business regulation at all,

tell me, how will a completely free market deal with the global warming externality?

Edited by DiscoStu

Well the whole 'global warming' fiasco, fore-fronted by Al Gore was all part of a nice little plan to implement (and him to profit nicely from):
'Carbon Tax'.

What we know is this: Where there is government, there is corruption with laws and bail-outs to protect those in the closed loop system.
The idea of an anarcho-capitalist system -remember we don't KNOW anything 100% until we try something, is that without the toilet paper that is fiat currency (which is infinite) then we would use some other means of currency that HOLDS value due to scarcity. The wasteful tendencies of throwing money around would cease, as it is valuable DUE to scarcity.

Anarcho-capitalists don't claim to have all the answers, but what they do know is that the current system doesn't work and is INCREDIBLY inefficient.

Edited by _Cursive
  • Like 1

now how did i know you'd dismiss AGW out of hand,

pretty convenient if you ask me

Dismissing it, no, stating a fact.
Again, through government taxation he is making money. Billions to be exact. And the proof that we're the sole cause of climate change isn't 100%.
Many scientists claim this just a natural part of the Earth's ebb and flow of temperature fluctuations.

That's it. No 'convenience', just fact.