The Corroboree
CLICKHEREx

Iraq falling to Islamic militants: what the media isn't telling you about WHY

http://www.naturalnews.com/045546_Iraq_militants_US_occupation_puppet_governments.html *

Thursday, June 12, 2014
by Mike Adams,
Tags: Iraq militants, U.S. occupation, puppet governments

(NaturalNews) The puppet Iraqi government installed at gunpoint by western imperialist nations is collapsing. Iraq is now being overrun by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). The oil-rich city of Tikrit has already been captured, and militants are headed for Baghdad, the capitol city of Iraq.

The military surge has sent shockwaves around the world, shining yet another spotlight on the disastrously failed foreign policies of the United States and the Obama administration. While the U.S. military occupation of Iraq began in 2003 under President Bush, Obama pulled most U.S. troops from the nation in 2011, leaving behind a puppet government installed at gunpoint by the USA. That government is now on the verge of total collapse as armed, impassioned Islamic militants are rapidly overrunning the country.

U.S.-backed Iraqi soldiers have no heart in the fight, and they are abandoning military equipment as they retreat en masse from the Islamic militants.

As the DailyMail reported: (1)

...30,000 soldiers fled, leaving behind tanks and firearms as just 800 fighters approached. Less than 24 hours later the oil-rich city of Tikrit was captured by the militants, who then turned their attentions to the capital as it pushes ahead with its aim to overthrow the western-backed government as part of its goal to create an Islamic emirate spanning both sides of the Iraq-Syria border.

Here's the map from the DailyMail:

[onsite*]

Why this matters to you
Why does all this matter to someone living in the USA? For starters, we are witnessing a wave of popular revolts across the planet (Egypt, Thailand, Iraq, etc.) as more and more people become fed up with being controlled by corrupt criminal government regimes. (And hey, in the USA, the people even voted corporate front man Eric Cantor out of office this week!)

This is part of a global populist revolt that's only gaining steam. So we can all expect more outbreaks of such events around the world, but especially in areas steeped in cultural conflict such as Iraq, Israel / Palestine, Pakistan, North Korea and even China.

Secondly, Iraq controls 10% of the world's oil supply, so everything that happens in Iraq impacts us all at the gas pump. But it's not just our own gas prices that matter; it's also the fact that higher fuel prices raise food costs at a time when food is already skyrocketing in cost across the world (due to extreme weather events, droughts, floods, GMO crop failures and so on).

Peace and stability makes things more affordable and efficient. But war and strife leads to higher prices, higher risk and greater economic burdens for everyone (not to mention the humanitarian costs of all the pain and suffering caused by war in the first place). So you can expect all this to have a very costly economic ripple effect that will cost you more money everywhere you go. (Get ready for new "fuel surcharges" on airline tickets, too...)

Occupied nations usually don't like to remain occupied
The surge of Islamic militants is panicking Washington, of course. America is a country weary of war and tired of all the deaths, injuries and costs associated with war. Iraq has always been a worthwhile strategic target for imperialist occupation, of course, because of its oil reserves. But the one rule of imperialist occupation is that you need to CONTINUE to occupy the nation if you hope to control it. Sure, the U.S. occupation of Iraq got us all another decade of cheap gas, but at what price for the war?

After spending billions of dollars achieving an occupying military presence in Iraq, the U.S. foolishly thought it could leave behind a puppet government guarded by a few thousand half-hearted trained "government soldiers" who largely just wanted a paycheck. Those government soldiers obviously have no will to fight for a paycheck, and they are rapidly fleeing their positions and effectively turning over military equipment to the ISIS, which is rapidly gaining in strength and numbers.

Remember, the USA invaded Iraq under a false "humanitarian" pretense, claiming it needed to "free the Iraqi people." (We were all ridiculously told the entire invasion had nothing to do with oil.) ** But "freedom" for the Iraqi people really meant subservience to a western occupying military. And that's something which can't be sustained long term because everybody across the world, no matter what country's they're from, resents occupying military forces in their own back yard.

So as the U.S. reduced its military presence and posture, it was only a matter of time before local militants found the courage to organize a resistance effort which they characterize as a "freedom war" against the occupying imperialists, even describing it by invoking historical parallels such as Gandhi fighting against British rule.

In truth, military occupation of a foreign nation is never a sustainable strategy. Nobody likes to be "occupied" by an army of foreigners wielding guns, tanks and attack helicopters. I'm not saying Iraq wasn't involved in some heinous human rights abuses long before the Americans showed up, but I am questioning the wisdom of the USA trying to occupy and control foreign nations to begin with. After all, we spilled a lot of blood over there, and lot of courageous Americans men and women gave their lives in that conflict. Now it all appears to be crumbling by the hour, with city after city falling to the ISIS and Baghdad close at hand.

It brings up the big-picture question: Wouldn't all this have been less expensive, less tragic and less costly in human lives if we just focused on trading with foreign nations instead of invading them?

Oh, I forgot: but then the weapons manufacturers wouldn't earn billions of dollars making new bombs, would they? Never forget that war is a for-profit business. And you can't profit from war unless you start one first.

Sources for this article include:
(1) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2655...

http://www.naturalnews.com/045546_Iraq_militants_US_occupation_puppet_governments.html#ixzz34WcdCVHT

** And don't forget about the much vaunted "weapons of mass destruction" lie by the US military industrial complex, via CIA and military analysts, costing many Australian lives, and our economy millions of $, at little, or no profit to our weapons industry.

• Like 2

A good thing.

I agree the US never should have invaded to begin with, but they did and so a crumbling of the US installed dictatorship was inevitable.

'30,000 soldiers fled, leaving behind tanks and firearms as just 800 fighters approached'

Thats great news :) No longer being harassed or showered in gold dust by americans, the mercenaries in iraq are handing over rule to the people.

So what if theyre 'religious fanatics' or 'backward extremists', its their fucking country, let them rule it.

If the US wants to protect themselves from a backlash from the abused masses the US should profusely apologize, be generous with humanitarian aid, and openly respect the government iraq gives itself.

'we spilled a lot of blood over there, and lot of courageous Americans men and women gave their lives in that conflict'

I'll never get elected after this :P But so what if americans died? It says 'courageous' as if thats an inherently good thing. I saw lots of 'courageous' kids who 'courageously' joined the military with the express purpose of "killing filthy ragheads" without breaking the law. Courage? Sure. Rapists are 'courageous' too.

The courage I respected were the people who pointedly refused to start running around waving the flag saying 'support the troops' and instead questioned the wisdom in imperialism and revenge attacks against foes of questionable involvement. Those people had their windows, and some times their teeth, busted up for their honest courage. Theres no monument to them.

Let people rule themselves.

Be kind and friendly.

Most of the world will like you just fine after a while.

• Like 14

i heard on the wireless we gots yer back homie! (coz australia is down like that)

Its weird people feel the need to defend their hard line patriotic views with violence i guess that shit is old news, i didnt see it as much here with Afghanistan not the sort of fervor that was built up in the states, not that there wasnt some and it was complete crap :wacko: . You see a lot more of the patriotic flag waving shit on australia day here and usually people would be more worked up to get in a fight over your race or some other macho crap then over something like the war.

Has been a few pieces on Triple J's Hack news program in regards to returning service men & woman suffering from PTSD with lack of support for their on going issues, kinda reminded me of similar thing after desert storm in 91. Whilst i do agree that people for the most part entering the forces and conflict zones are aware of what they can/will experience that in many ways still wouldnt really prepare you for what might transpire while on tour. Its sad that these people return and in some respects fall through the cracks

Edited by -YT-
  • Like 2

So what if theyre 'religious fanatics' or 'backward extremists', its their fucking country, let them rule it.

You'll find there is nothing more 'backwards' or 'religiously fanatic' about Islam than any other faith and that all the religious fanatics and extremist terrorist factions are financially pumped up by the Federal Reserve. :wink:

• Like 1

You'll find there is nothing more 'backwards' or 'religiously fanatic' about Islam than any other faith

and yet it seems only muslims are beheading people of a different faith or country,

nothing backward about that at all

^ behead one man on film and one hundred more men may not risk their lives coming to attack you. one hundred more lives you potentially do not need to end.

the Qur'an suggests beheading as capital punishment. American men invade an Islamic village under a false pretense, killing many, injuring more and raping few. if this doesn't qualify for capital punishment, what does? if the same US citizen made those same actions in his own country he would be executed, so why not in Iraq or Afghanistan? because they are soldiers they are above the laws that they have no place in quashing? if you think lethal injection or the electric chair is more humane, I'd suggest some research.

a lot of the local Jihadists in these countries are pretty standard soldiers, just wanting their country to be their country again. but, because they are Islamic anyway, of course they are going to believe if they are killed by their enemy they will be a martyr etc; that does NOT qualify someone as a bad person, just applying their every day religious views into their every day war-time life.

it only becomes blurred when other central Asian and European countries who have established international jihadist organizations start sending troupe reinforcements, it remains to be seen weather these groups are helping fight to reinstate the countries' regular existence and withdraw once the fighting is over or try to instate an total Islamic state, eg the Taliban rule of Afghanistan.

my 0.02

-dio

edit: typographical

Edited by dionysus
  • Like 3

Well secular mulsim extremists & terrorist groups are beheading people, but besides that i know sharia law has some harsh penalties but how common is beheading as a form of capital punishment in those societies?

I can understand that perspective dionysus its easy to see how its all such a grey area and many things can be justified depending on where one stands, not that it makes any of it any better. You do raise a good question in regards to capital punishment and what is to be done with offenders.

where sharia law is enforced, beheading i believe to be pretty common, probably as common as the electric chair or similar in the U.S.A. the punishment may be reserved for specific crimes though, such as rape (although hard to prove i such communities), adultery and crimes against the will of Allah.

some (definitely not all) people who belong to this forum and others like it are right into romanticizing the Aztec and Mazatec cultures that in the past have been involved in human sacrifice and all sorts of other weird shit in the name of god but when a middle eastern person does the same in the current age without psychedelic drugs they are a member of a 'backward extremist cult'.

on a moral and philosophical stand point i don't support the Jihadists, nor do i support the western soldiers, nor do i support the free Syrian army or the many Kurdish insurgencies, but that doesn't necessarily make their view wrong for them. if you view some documentaries and media releases from such groups, you will soon realize that it is a mere real life game of call of duty to these people. as they run from cover to cover, firing unaimed pot shots at each other in the name of Allah, they joke and smile with their comrades and say 'i can't wait until i am a martyr for mother [insert country or deity name here]' and that's fine. i might want a home and a family and a nice garden, they want to be a martyr in the eyes of their friends, who is correct? both of us will die. they will be seen as a martyr and i will be seen as a capital estate.

it is a tribal war that has gone on for centuries and the romance of it all has similarly got to westerners for centuries; all the way back to the crusades have white man been joining in for no real reason. even women take up arms with the Jihadists. the whole culture in these areas is based on small fights between villages. installing absolute dictators to better resemble western society is where shit has gone wrong, now villages fight other villages while fighting the 'government' while fighting international Jihadists while fighting NATO troops, it really is a mess, and the odd beheading shown on al jazira is just distracting from everything else going on (there and else where, through international governments supporting different insurgencies)

-dio

i don't see zen buddhists beheading people, that's all i'm saying

• Like 3

have a look at death rates from sanctioned wars, the 'war' on drugs, crack use in America (sold to the people to fund the contras), Obesity, tobacco smoke, liquor fueled driving accidents etc and you will soon realize a few people being killed by truly extremist groups (who are not indicative of an entire religion) is nothing compared to the form of death our own country deals through mandated corporatism.

isolated incidents of murder happen everywhere, blaming Islam is bullshit and bigoted. many have killed in the name of cannabis, amphetamines, LSD, tobacco, alcohol, opium, heroin, cocaine etc, yet im pretty sure you wouldn't declare anyone who partakes in any one of these things backward or evil.

Islam was literally founded to unite the various tribes of Arabia. this can not be blamed for the actions of current Sudanese men. they have their own fights happening right now that may seem to be islam v Christianity but no doubt runs much deeper than that.

- dio

edit: you are right, you won't find many zen bhuddist monks beheading people, but you will find many killing themselves and few becoming Taoists and killing people. if you look at a history book, Buddhist monks were actually quite proficient at guerrilla warfare, no doubt beheading many people in their day. any person can kill another, regardless of which god is an onlooker.

Edited by dionysus
  • Like 2

It is yet to be seen whether the militant Islamists in Iraq will become radical jihadists, bent on carrying on a war against Western democracies, but if they gain control of the country, a new generation of indoctrinated / brainwashed youth will become fertile ground for recruiters from terrorist organisations.

It is yet to be seen whether the militant Islamists in Iraq will become radical jihadists, bent on carrying on a war against Western democracies, but if they gain control of the country, a new generation of indoctrinated / brainwashed youth will become fertile ground for recruiters from terrorist organisations.

wouldn't any fighter with Islamic views apply them to his fighting? are they only radical Jihadists when they fight westerners or Christians?

i know my opinions are shit, but who is religious and who is not and what nationalism they are alligned with should not be the determining factor of criminality, be it drug smuggling or terrorism. all of our observations wont change the fact that people are getting shot at at bombed, the only option they have is to shoot at and bomb other people. how America is portrayed in the end game and weather or not children will be taught jihadist culture is ridiculous, America has no right to care.

thanks for replying dionysus, see i dont really feel outrage about the cranium detachment re capital punishment different strokes and all that, was only 50ish years ago we hung our last man.Sure the methods arent the same but the desired outcome is - the removal of serious criminal offenders there has always been a big heated debate around the issue and probably always will be.

Its all the same old story throughout history stuck on repeat and mostly a big cluster fuck where no one really wins (in my opinion).

those monks are pretty crazy although being born out of centruies of civil unrest etc seems they arent afraid to defend themselves and even maim others, heard something about ripping open ones testicles... um ouch :blink:

maybe we should all be Amish than the worst anyone would get is a beard shaving (the shame!) or a goold ole ostracizing for a few months lol

"bigoted" - lol

bigoted
ˈbɪgətɪd/
adjective
adjective: bigoted
having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others

fitting

-dio

maybe we should all be Amish than the worst anyone would get is a beard shaving (the shame!) or a goold ole ostracizing for a few months lol

I like the idea of us all becoming buddhist monks.

In their monastic rules the absolute extreme, most intensive and feared, punishment is to make the offender stop wearing dresses, grow hair, and start having sex. They'll often even get a bit of help finding a job.

• Like 1

Why is it that in every country where Islam is the majority, there is constant war and civil unrest? Islam=cancer of society. There, i said it.

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 1

The way they take a head off is not the most pleasant thing iv seen on the internet.

I like the idea of us all becoming buddhist monks.

In their monastic rules the absolute extreme, most intensive and feared, punishment is to make the offender stop wearing dresses, grow hair, and start having sex. They'll often even get a bit of help finding a job.

thats just harsh man imagine after 20 years freeballing in one of those dresses other clothes would suck!

Agreed Quarterflesh i would also say that seeing our troops indiscriminately killing civilians also ranks up there.

what countries do you mean caapi? while religious ideology is definitely a large part of things there are also broader aspects at play

• Like 1

notice how everyone's talking about syria now as well? :wink:

pretty coincidental that a nato/gulf state backed militia causing trouble in a client state, is based out of a country nato has been itching for a pretence to get into for years, getting iran involved creating the conditions where isis has a reason to start shit there is just win/win

yeah of course.............Syria is gaining ground against the western backed/(arming) insurgent's, add those weapons/equip. to those conveniently left behind in Iraq and now Afghanistan, and the black puppet acting like he's taking time to make a serious informed decision.....HERE come the drones!, first Iraq then oppsee Syria, that's been the plan from get go.

Iran has offered to support the western puppet govt. of Iraq.

Caapi, not sure where you have been all these years, maybe hidden away in a Buddhist monastery :)

Most Muslim states - sadly for them, have resources or are strategically located, vital to elitist western interest. Palestine is of course an open air prison providing a much needed resource for the israelites to steal land and practice/experiment their weapons industry on.

Muslims expression of violence is just pitiful compared to what the west does 24/7, they are our little clockwork toys , we wind them up and watch them go. Its just sad, but the masses are stupid, so easily played, just consider how easy our cultures actually believe the spoon feed 6pm propaganda, each night after a hard day of slaving. We swallow the bullshit from cradle to grave.

This is sold as the age of information but how many in our culture take the time to question and seek the truth, its only a few clicks away.

And it is "WE"......we all use the oil, consume the food and resources it brings, our cloths, our toys...etc all thanks to a foreign exploited labour force. We may be slaves, but we are on the pigs back, I think most people blindly accept the media propaganda we are feed because they can't live with reality. I envy the religious, they have it so sweet, no worries mate "god did it" end of story, now I can watch my soap opera in peace.

Not much mention of the western backed nazi's attacking Eastern Ukraine. Fascist are the dumbest of dumb, they serve their masters well, poor buggers have been so abused as children, kicked around the head a few times too many, they are so full of rage and anger, so easily played, they are the historic point in the western spear. Get rid of the dumb ones first, put them on the front line, can't have them lot breeding. They are deserting the Eastern front, they are complaining they only got $600 at the start and haven't been paid or feed or equipped since. I mean honestly, how greedy is that, they were given free licence to murder what more do they want? Selfish bastards!

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 2

I should add the saudi dictatorship backs/supports the rebels, which is probably why Iran has offered to support the western puppet govt. of Iraq. Many suggest saudi oil reserves are near depletion, obviously it would be a real assert for them to control Iraq's oil fields and be strategically located on Iran's boarder.

It seems pretty clear at this point that U.S. military action in the Middle East is the end in itself, and the particular form it takes – even including the side for which the U.S. fights – is an ancillary consideration. That’s how the U.S., in less than a year, can get away with depicting involvement in the war in Syria – on opposite sides – as a national imperative. Ironically, just as was true of Al Qaeda, provoking the U.S. into military action would, for the reasons Fishman explained, help ISIS as well.

But the only clear lesson from all of this is that no matter the propagandistic script used, U.S. military action in that region virtually never fulfills the stated goals (nor is it intended to do so), and achieves little other than justifying endless military action for its own sake. How long before we hear that U.S. military action is needed (again) in Libya to restrain the chaos and extremism unleashed by the NATO intervention in Libya? Does anyone really believe that “limited” bombing of Syria and Iraq in a rage against ISIS will result in anything other than more justifications for military action in that region?

From The New Hitler (back) to U.S. Partner in less than a year: an impressive feat for both Assad and U.S. propaganda.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/08/26/fun-empire-fighting-sides-war

• Like 1

aint it grand, that not even a year into a return to conservative rule and we're already going back into war, the same failed illegal war that the same criminal warmongers started a decade prior based on nothing but lies; and aint it grand that all this drum beating is boosting said conservatives standing with the gormless dipshits they rule over,

• Like 2