The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whitewind

Facebook tracking.. privacy etc. Please let me know if I'm paranoid

facebook tracks everybody, it's their business, but they're not necessarily interested in whether or not you're a criminal.

whatever somebody will pay cash to learn about you is what facebook is tracking. i can come up with lots of guesses but i'm not sure where the money actually is, which information is like a golden goose for certain companies.

if i was trying to break some guys legs because he owed me money, i wonder if they'd sell me clues as to his whereabouts/activities... or do they have some limited policies about such specific and sensitive information.... or maybe 90% of their business is just semi-harmless targeted ads...

incognito, you are important - to me. You are just an optimistic fucking sagittarius... sagittarius are never too much worried they will be unlucky, maybe because they are so fucking lucky. I got a sagi mate who is reckless like this.

ww>>

"I think is that it would be a wonderful place to plan a revolution"

WUT??? man you cant be serious about that?

this would be a fucking awesome place to ruin an ongoing or planned revolution.

this shitty place is OK for teaching each other news, politics, whats happening in the world and the like, ideal in a pre-revolutionary period.

but planning the revolution on FB?

we definately mean another kind of revolution

but the best shit in there is closed groups.

I dont have many friends as I am with a phony name too. I have only be bothered by FB once, to tell me "this account looks like its not a real name"

I simply ignored it.

cheers

PS: please do yr revolution outside FB!!

I went for years without having a mobile phone and there is no fucking way i would be transmitting any official ID online ever, so I loose FB accounts semi regularly, Mostly because i forget to follow protocols (this Id = this IP & address) and i get blocked. Not that i have more than two active at any one time, but i must have a dozen or more sitting on the FB servers.

I make no secret of all this to my friends & all my conversations & friends(with last known profile pic) are all backed up with that account so that it can all be reinstated with a minimum of effort.

FB has its uses, but i will be muddying the waters at every turn. Just dont make it easy for them. Let FB track me i say, All of the me's.

And i don't know that you would get far with a revolution centered around FB before the instigators got a firm knock on the door. I can not see any government of the day seeing the funny side of a rebellion, particularly the current one.

Christ now I want to start a rebellion??? I really have to watch my terminology.

Revolutionary ideas is what I meant. Discussions. Open government, open everything.

Facebook can close it's borders without any recourse, therefore it is not free in any real sense of the word.

And Facebook is monitored by all sorts of people. But the users have little or no say in what goes on. Or knowledge.

It lacks democracy, has lashings of fascism.

It's actually kind of how the government wants the internet to be run. And I essentially believe that they own it.

the phrase "plan revolution" is hardly terminology.

The "endless class struggle will not result in a successful revolt of the masses unless the working class realise on the more conscious level that they should take over the means of production" , now there's some leftish terminology there.

Revolution? revolution is crystal clear, even though for some, it might be revolutionary to dye your hair.

but yeah if you want to only discuss about revolution ideas, and possible harm revolutionary ideas, then yeah, FB might be the place to do that .. even though I think it sucks as a discussion platform...

ww, have you seen the film The Social Network?