The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
kadakuda

Acacia confusa pics inside

Question

I am pretty sure i got these pinned down right, but a second opinion always helps :)

Acacia.jpg

Acacia1-2.jpg

Acacia3-1.jpg

Acacia2-2.jpg

Acacia4.jpg

Acacia5.jpg

Acacia6.jpg

Acacia7.jpg

10 answers to this question

Nice...thanks for sharing that, they are some damn fine pictures too.

She's a nice plant, typical acacia looking, would easily fold into the local fray in OZ one would suspect.

It looks like it but i'm an Acacia noob some i can't identify for sure.

I went collecting some seeds today, Acacia confusa is widely used as a landscaping tree here in Okinawa and i have a lot peacefuly growing in my neighborood.

It is definately a very handsome tree ! I wish i had a camera, i'll try to borrow one to take some pictures later.

It felt so good just stay under it, gazing at the beautiful pattern of the foilage...

The tree i gathered seeds from is properly labelled (ソウシジュ=Acacia confusa in Okinawan language) so i am 100% i have the real thing. It was healthy, flowering and producing lots of pods, there are a lot more that will mature later.

Now i have to study how to germinate/grow acacias...this will be my first try with them.

I am wondering if there were some traditional use of this tree in Okinawa, the local "religion" is shamanism (usualy leaded by women, by the way wich is extremely rare worldwide). Since this acacia is active in tea form without maoi and extremely strong, it would be weird that it stayed unoticed all this time...

hey man, glad you chimed in. your pm re sparked my interest in teh fabacae ;) but i am nto great at iding them either, though i am fairly positive this is correct.

be interesting to learn about those practices where you are. i would guess the ways may have survived better in japan than here...just a guess. taiwan has had a lot of invaders fucking up the native people...including the japanese, so lots is lost, or well hidden here...as far as i can gather. i live in the mountains where its mostly "aboriginals" and damn near all of them are christian.....

I can't help with the ID, but the shots are great. That profile one of the bark cut looks like freakin' sashimi.

B)

ya, its a beautiful tree, inside and out. though i can assure you it tastes NO where near as nice as sashimi...

I did used my imagination and imagined a little test yesterday with some okinawan grown Acacia confusa phyllodes.

In imagination, i cooked 10gr of fresh phyllodes (not even an handfull) in an well aerated area (in case of cyanide present in those leaves). It resulted in a nice red coloured brew that i mixed with a light caapi tea. The caapi tea is very light (maybe 3gr), not enough to have effects unless taken everyday for cumulative effects. I was clear of any caapi in my system this day. I drink the brew (no taste to write home about) and went to bed.

Effects noticed: beautiful closed eyes visuals of spining coloured machines, organic structures and intriguing flowers. I noticed a slight nausea that went away quickly.

The visions flowed very easily, more so than when just entering the hypnagogic stage sober. Then i had a good sleep with many realistic dreams (i've eaten of one the best tasting fruit in my life in one of those dreams :drool2: ). Waking up in the morning was difficult.

It is too early to make any conclusions based on this test but those phyllodes seemed active to me.

Or:

-It could be placebo (i never had so intricate CEV from placebo but it is still a possibility).

-It could be the caapi (i never have CEV from a so light bark tea and i already tested this bottle the month before. Usualy if i have CEV from a light caapi infusion, it's from the leaves, not the bark wich has a different alkaloid profile.) But it is a possibility, Ayahuasca is such a mysterious one.)

-Or it could be that the Ayahuasca allowed interaction between me and the Acacia confusa with even needing sufficient amount of tryptamines. After all it is one of the uses of Ayahuasca: to be introduced to other plants.

By the way, i am usualy very sensitive to tryptamines and don't need high dosages to feel any activity.

What a strange dream, i'm wondering why i imagined all that :innocent_n:

Here is a picture of the phyllodes that would have been used for the hypothetical experiment:

gallery_1508_321_35722.jpg

Edited by mauve

Man, when those local trees set seed be sure to collect a bunch, you'll have great trading material :wink:

Man, when those local trees set seed be sure to collect a bunch, you'll have great trading material :wink:

if anyone needs any seed, i can send some free when they come. flowering now so maybe in a month or 2. i was honestly surprised at how small the flowers were....these trees are every where and i have not even given them a second glance until a friend told what they were.

mauve, that is steller, gives us all high hopes :) when i get back in august i will see if my dog wants to play chemist a little with the leaves. super interested to hear any other experiments your friend is doing :)

i have read that the bark is active orally without use of an additional maoi plant...interesting pant indeed....one im sure would grow incredibly well in OZ, though you guys got a bunch of good ones already.

Just bumping this thread with pictures of my Acacia confusa seedlings :)

It germinated very easily and it's growing well so far.

med_gallery_1508_321_372668.jpg

med_gallery_1508_321_202001.jpg

med_gallery_1508_321_14096.jpg

nicely done mauve, i also germed a few and foudn them pretty easy. i used the water soak method.