The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pie'oh'Pah

Pricing Lophs

Evening All

I have some Lophs to sell locally and I wanted to determine value/price.

Does anyone use a $ per cm as a guide?

Or is there another method to decide?

Thanks all.

Peace

Pie

I am not highly knowledgeable on this, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I have heard $1 per millimetre ($10 per cm) is an acceptable gauge? Obviously other factors such as health etc. come into it also.

Edited by archaeologistintraining

from my experience (buying not selling), 10/cm is a good rough guide. Also whether grafted or bare rooted, health, AGE (grafts vs rooted will be a factor here), how many heads, etc. But I tend to go on just loving the look of a plant, although the age to me personally is a big thing; I have enormous respect for people who have lovingly tended their plants for long periods of time and so I'm generally more willing to pay more for an older rooted plant. The variety doesn't quite matter to me so much, but I would love to have specimens from ALL varieties.

That said, I'm in love with the look of them and just love their presence in the garden. Have yet to grow any myself! When I'm setup with a proper garden where they can be planted in ground I'm going to have to restrain myself.

for $/cm are you talking radius or circumference? i'd want to sell a 10yo loph for more than $60 personally

just go by what you think it's worth, what you'd pay for it and what you think others will pay for it, aggressively overpriced stock will never sell likewise you don't want to forego potential revenue

• Like 1

I struggled with this for a long time and in the end kind of made up a figure based on what was available online. For non eBay sales as a rough guide i sell lophs for about $1.5 a mm diameter ( main button ) $1.3 for people i kind of know (return customers etc ) i don't really like selling plants for so much so often try and add something to improve the value and measure small etc. I like to think i have done the right thing by people, i feel i have been fair.

• Like 5

Seems like $1.50 a mm is the average price going outside of this website, and around $1 per mm on here ..but that is really only for more smaller specimens. Larger ones with multiple heads and advanced roots definitely go for much more than that.

Watertrade you are extremely fair. Everything so strong and plump :)

Will be a return once everything is sorted. Thanks again