The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Change

Who am i, What am i, What is i

I is the perpendicular pronoun...I don't have a lot of respect for philosophy.

Why?

There is no "why". Do or don't, its quite honestly no loss to my personal existence on this rock, either way.

Fact is, we are at worst just some random occurrence of chemistry that has no significance or purpose whatsoever (when considering the size of the universe). At best, we're merely bacteria being observed on a petri dish, with no higher purpose.

Regardless, spending to much time poundering questions that can't be answered, will either lead to great depression, or egotistical delusions of your own existence being part of some majestic grandeur. All power to you if your delusional & blatantly egotistical enough to blindly believe the latter. But your only lying to yourself and some people are far to modest to accept such delusions.

Hence, why its not incredibly healthy to spend to much time poundering these unanswerable questions.... delusions, depression or insanity will be the only outcome.

On the other hand its delusional to say with certainty that there is no higher purpose. Its delusional to feel completely assured of anything at all, much less anything of sweeping magnitude.

Without philosophers we may not have understood the difficulties of certainty yet.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

I don't think its actually delusional to say theirs no physical evidence whatsoever of a higher purpose and that preying to some mystical entity, or consuming mushrooms (or whatever) will never yield a definitive answer.... At best its lack of creative thought.

Never the less, its also the fact of the matter with our current intellectual understanding of the physical universe. Assuming 'anything' outside of physical evidence based facts, is actually delusional by the definition of the word.

Besides, I never indicated what I personally "believe". Just said it was delusional and egotistic to philosophize on a higher purpose with "certainly" and its also a question you'll never get a definitive answer too.

Either there is something more and you'll find out about when you die, or there is nothing more and you'll never know any different.

My understanding of the physical universe would be different to yours as it would be different to thunders etc.
It's also delusional to say that other people will never get an answer to it. Maybe you just doubt the capabilities of "us". lol.

Maybe you just doubt the capabilities of "us". lol.

Well, educated experience tells me not to hold my breath waiting for it.

But, I can feel something calling me to give it one last chance... Give it maybe two weeks and I think that urge might just be to overwhelming to fight. I'm on the verge of just abandoning everything I own, then just getting in my new truck, then driving to nimbin (for supplies), before just driving straight into the centre of our ancient great southern land, looking for a deeply spiritual experience... fear & loathing style .

Though, logic tells me I'll find nothing of significance and will just end up being a homeless lonely bum camping out somewhere on the coast of northern QLD, sending semi psychotic emails to my family, begging them to save me and help finance me back into the materialistic society.

I mean, fuck me! Theirs no higher significant meaning out there... But I for one will never learn.

Best thing you can do is just accept materialistic society, put your head down and do the 9 to 5 till your pension age, maybe breed a few offspring, collect a few dollars and eventually just die.... Basically, just do the opposite to me... Because my search for something 'more' is just going to lead to loneliness and misery.

• Like 2

Eat well AND search, don't obsess over either. Middle road philosophy, imho the main take-home from Buddhism.

I'm not suggesting I've succeeded. I've obsessed plenty in both directions, but I'm beginning to realise its okay just to flow through life.

It don't amount to nothing and it amounts to everything. Fact :P

• Like 1

Ever hear of self realization?