The Corroboree

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. SayN

Quit cigs

hangovers are bad. hangovers involving tobacco are VERY bad. learn this well.
  3. etherealdrifter

Meet up: Melbourne

one day we will throw away the shackles of political bondage and sing free love songs like bluebirds in the trees way up high above us
  4. waterboy 2.0

Lol... I have fond memories of kero heaters eth. You know I would if I could, I come out of recluse now.
  5. sharxx101

Meet up: Brisbane

bump!!! meet is on this weekend i will be at the spot fairly early around 10am as i gotta goto the city in the morning. Should be a few peeps at this one def one worth attending. Lets get social and share the love of plants I have some FREE TBM pups some with roots to bring along for the crew
  6. waterboy 2.0

Mimosa pudica feeding

Yep they won't run off here.. Well until the averages warm up a bit not much I can't grow if I set my mind to it... Lol I've had them growing in some pretty poor potting mixes before and they do OK during the warmer times, outdoor here at least ends them. Wasn't sure if anyone that has put them in pots pampered them. The seed certainly holds its viability, I threw down some ancient seed and had most if not all take. I reckon I might just bump them to the along under supplementary lighting when I rotate them out to recover after I make a bit of room to work with.
  7. waterboy 2.0

Quit cigs

2 days before heart surgery Wasn't because of it... But it wasn't helping. After having the chest cracked open I really want to avoid that shit again. My resolve was bolstered after being taken offline during that event. I'd been on and off a few times, of prolonged and at times pretty heavy death stick use. Kicking off when I could just walk in and buy them in my school uniform of a morning. I never was a user of "spin", I still don't understand that. Spin users I've noticed Really struggle to kick the things. I at one stage had two bowls on the go mine and another for my brothers from other mothers as most wouldn't tackle my bowl. Still use tobacco on occasion in other forms smokeless, but ciggies can just F off as far as I'm concerned ... Ciggies are the lowest form of baccy IMO served up to us here - if at all, with some principally just being made mostly of "sheet".... Substituted sheet alright. FFS I found Indonesian ciggies as an example of being better quality than what we were, and now served up. Do I want one.... Yes, yes I do for I am an addict because the things did what they were designed to do. They smell like shit to me now though, decent pipe and some cigars still smell really good though and tempting as all hell. Having as much time away from second hand smoke helps a lot, and hide /remove ashtrays
  8. etherealdrifter

Post your track of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD315z3k0G4
  9. etherealdrifter

Quit cigs

ciggies when you're mashed is fabo......and in Europe they taste fantastic(Spain and Portugal i'm looking at you)
  10. MountainGoat

Mimosa pudica feeding

cool that you've got em growing way down there... They're a weed up here in the tropics.... spikey suckers, just annoying enough to warrant shoes... sometimes... I've never tried to feed them, more inclined to pull em out... if you ever need more seeds let me know...
  11. etherealdrifter

9th would be ideal as the next day is a pub hol
  12. etherealdrifter

wow id love to see WB at a melb meet
  13. etherealdrifter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6bxOWwU80w
  14. etherealdrifter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXxMiQXKjeE
  15. Responsible Choice

Quit cigs

Apparently psilocybin has shown great efficacy in smoking cessation... I quit smoking because I'm an asthmatic and like Glaukus I was dying. That and I had my future wife to help me along a clean-living path Cold turkey though for me was the avenue, but removing yourself from an environment that encourages it or is permeated by it (say hospitality) is also going to be helpful.
  16. Glaukus

Quit cigs

I quit ciggies one morning in 1994 when I got up, had my usual coffee and stuyvo fix, then couldn't stop throwing up. Not sure if that counts as a spiritual experience but when you can barely take a breath for air you'll certainly pray! Mind you, I did smoke bongs with baccy afterwards as a daily religious ritual for another 11 years. Now I understand finally why giving up smoking means I can finally actually experience tobacco's good qualities.
  17. YAY! And the man is BACK! <3

18. Pedro99

Quit cigs

Has anyone quit cigs through a 'spiritual' experience? Throughout the years I've quit cold turkey successfully but currently I keep giving in and going to buy some more. I've heard of people having a life changing experience and just ditching them then and there. So yeah, how did you guys go with it?
  19. Freakosystem

Post your native plant pics

Pterostylis hispidula
  20. Freakosystem

Post a random picture thread

A Botany Bay Weevil from my backyard
  21. Responsible Choice

Watch this space

I'd like to think that sometime in the future common sense like this will prevail in the Australian medical paradigm: https://hightimes.com/news/colorado-governor-reviewing-bill-let-doctors-suggest-cannabis-instead-opioids/ Governor Jared Polis is currently reading over Senate Bill 19-013, which would add any condition that would typically lead to a opioids prescription to the list of medical marijuana qualifiers. “This is going to be a pretty big deal for acute pain for athletes, and also for kids who have surgeries.” said the bill’s co-sponsor Edie Hooton. Advocates for the legislation see it as a panacea for the opioid addiction epidemic, which resulted in 578 overdose deaths in the state in 2017, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
  22. obtuse

Microscopy and DNA workshops

will be fun. pity you are so far away DL.
  23. Darklight

Microscopy and DNA workshops

I so wish I could go to both these workshops, they're both critical skills I'm missing and a colleague was telling me how great Bioquisitive is when I was at Garden States last weekend Alas, I live nowhere near Melbs
  24. waterboy 2.0

Post your native plant pics

Leptecophylla juniperina - cheeseberry (sub/Alpine var ) Was Cyathodes sp.
  25. waterboy 2.0

Sceletium use for anxiety in dogs.

This is going really well, better than I anticipated I have reduced the dose to miniscule maintenence. I'll put some words together when I can keep my thoughts coherent.
  26. waterboy 2.0

Mimosa pudica feeding

Did a quick search, couldnt find anything relevant. I started off a couple of pots of M. pudica to rotate through my lads classroom so he and the other munchkins had something to get them thinking about plants in a different way The light levels are low in the classroom location , so rotation is working well and... Lol.. Can give them a rest from the kids and lol adults provoking a response from the plants. They are doing well... But I reckon I could push them harder. They are in a fairly rich potting mix. Question... Anyone got any experience with how much of a feeding they can take? Are they prone to burn? Probably an experiment I should get too, but currently want to avoid ending the plants whilst they have enquiring minds engaged. Edit - my gut feel is they'd respond, however Temps are dropping and is probably the limiting factor
  1. Load more activity