The Corroboree

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Calaverite

Pseudowintera colorata

Did you end up finding any ? I am also on the lookout for it both here and in nz but no one has any, all out of stock.
  3. Yesterday
  4. I've received mine so will be updating hopefully as we go, thanks again.
  5. Hey guys, if you've grown acuminata from my seed, could you please post photos in the thread linked below. Love to see them http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47053-gimlis-acuminata-giveaway-show-off-thread/
  6. Gimli

Acacia acuminata seed giveaway

Hey guys, if you've grown acuminata from my seed, could you please post photos in the thread linked below. Love to see them http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47053-gimlis-acuminata-giveaway-show-off-thread/
  7. Starting a thread for people to post photos of acuminata grown from my seed. Surely must be a lot of small trees out there by now I'll start off with this specimen, germinated 01/2018 and planted 25/3/18 and now a lovely 3.3m tall Love to see what others have grown
  8. Freakosystem

Acacia seeds!

Flick me a pm with your address and I'll send some out.
  9. EthnoDan

Organic certified potting mix

Hi all, What are your views on commercial potting mixes that arent certified organic? Ive had success with the oscmocote premium plus mix, adding coir, perlite etc to suit the specific needs for the plant. However i want to know if the chemical fertilisers and such added to these mixes will leech into or negatively effect the plant. What are your thoughts on this? Cheers Dan
  10. Wile E. Peyote

regrowth study in 2019

"You are no doubt familiar with the challenges faced by the peyote cactus both in the wild cactus populations and as a sacrament of increasingly short supply among adherents of the peyote faith. Collaborative efforts are underway to mitigate this challenge by two organizations: Cactus Conservation Institute, a 501(c)3 and Sia: The Comanche Nation Ethno-Ornithological Initiative, the Piah Puha Kahni, Mother Church of Comanche Native American Church 1918 Charter Association. Our shared goal is furthering peyote conservation by establishing a sound and reproducible methodology for cultivating peyote on a large scale. Our cultivation project is intended to produce seedlings for the eventual use as medicine for ceremonial use as well as hardened seedlings for future repopulation of wild localities that have been wiped out. Sia has many years of success in working with endangered eagle populations and eagle propagation, including pioneering innovative breeding approaches. It is the only tribal feather repository. Cactus Conservation Institute is the foremost producer of high-quality academic and field research on peyote conservation since 2004 with a focus on the Tamaulipan thornscrub, the primary habitat for peyote in the U.S. Our interests extend to greenhouse production and cultivation for ceremonial use and to appropriate reestablishment in the wild and the ways we can help existing populations recover from harvesting pressures. Our goal is to engage in reproducible, evidence-based science with studies generating peer-reviewed papers. We intend to validate a marriage of science, culture and religious aspects of the peyote cactus and show that the goals of these interests are not necessarily competitive or in conflict but can complement each other. We already have the people and the skill sets. We need your help to secure a place to perform this work. Our goal is to raise $99,000. Of these funds, approximately $55,000 will be used to purchase nine acres of land adjacent to Sia’s existing location, where research can occur and oversight will be easy to maintain. The remaining $44,000 will buy a greenhouse and supplies necessary to begin our cultivation studies. You can help us solve both the pressures placed on wild plants and the supply challenges faced by future generations of Native American Church members who choose a path of cultivation by making a tax-deductible contribution of any size, large or small. Your support is vital to achieving our goals of peyote conservation through developing sustainable harvesting management and land stewardship practices. We must succeed in our mission while wild peyote is still left in the world. If you would like to better understand why it is rapidly disappearing, please visit our website and that of Sia The Comanche Nation Ethno Ornithological Initiative." https://au.gofundme.com/f/save-peyote
  11. Last week
  12. Gimli

Acacia seeds!

Acacia acuminata are extremely frost hardy, for weeks at a time
  13. FerdieJ

Isolation chamber

That really got me going too, when I figured it out. I have since seen the indian police wearing covid masks and I think the monster may be covid related, I might do the covid blobs aruond the body to tie it all into the whole covid isolation isolation chamber project! I am just having so much fun with this thing. I did a little more today, finished the curved walls so I can start figuring out how to tie the rest of the frame together. But I ran out of materials, so off the hardware I go at some stage, there is still plenty I can do before then though, so boring waiting for new frame pics I know but I am feeling the same, I just want this project to rocket forward, but I am waiting on the tank for at least two weeks so I am stuck a little. But I have various components now to get me started and soon it will look like it’s supposed to, and I have mycelium to play with now, and more coming from saguaro so I can play with more, and things should start really kicking off in a couple weeks. but for now, tedious waiting..
  14. botanika

Creating an Outdoor Patch for Woodlovers or Subs

First time trying at home with cardboard and it's working already!
  15. rottenjonny

Isolation chamber

I'm really enjoying this build. the monster eating the tardis sculpture put me over the edge it's great!
  16. Running now... https://meet.jit.si/ShamanAustralis
  17. Starting in 2 hours and 20 minutes. https://meet.jit.si/ShamanAustralis
  18. tonic

Want list...

Acacia courtii seeds or plants Interesting Trichocereus clones + crests + varis + Peruvian locality types + seeds Cheap PC tips for grafting Lophs, seeds or plants Brugmansia sanguinea Brugmansia cultivars Ariocarpus sp. Lamiaceae plants Collectable ornamental cacti, seeds or plants Collectable succulents, seeds or plants Anything interesting or collectable really
  19. Cimi

Adelaide hit by Tinderrhoea epidemic

Adelaide Radelaide sleep with your dadelaide, or so I've heard lol
  20. Link Your face isn't the only thing that needs a mask, people.
  21. Cimi

Fluffy bunny rabbits

Yeah and politicians. It's because they travel internationally. Kind of a nice twist seeing those at the top get hit but now it's hitting the most vulnerable more sadly. Also disappointed at the absence of fluffy bunny rabbits itt so here is one.
  22. Responsible Choice

Watch this space

Victorians have your say: https://www.starobserver.com.au/news/victoria-establishes-inquiry-into-cannabis-use/195400 The terms of reference say that the inquiry by the committee in Victoria will look into the best ways to: ● prevent young people and children from accessing and using cannabis in Victoria. ● protect public health and public safety in relation to the use of cannabis in Victoria. ● implement health education campaigns and programs to ensure children and young people are aware of the dangers of drug use, in particular, cannabis use. ● prevent criminal activity relating to the illegal cannabis trade in Victoria. ● assess the health, mental health, and social impacts of cannabis use on people who use cannabis, their families and carers. Here’s how you can make your submission: ● Public submissions will be accepted till August 31, 2020 ● Online submissions can be made on the committee’s website https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/lsic-lc/article/4261
  23. Cimi

Post your track of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8hbSM1zVo
  24. Northerner

Save our Blue Mountains! NSW

Signed and shared.
  1. Load more activity