The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
WarpedAstro

Solanum nigrum - Black Nightshade

An very mysterious Astro-Gnome the Wizard was given some Solanum nigrum seeds, who he plans to grow them. He has been trying to find some information about the effects and dosages,he seems to can't find because most information he has founded in Erowid's site and other sites, they are mostly blabbing

is about Deadly Nightshade and other poisonous strains. The only useful information he seems have to find so far is this Shaman's products link. He tired to search in the Shaman's Fourm's archives, they are working, but the link to the information isn't working.

Any information for the wizard will be great.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i domn't think black nightshade is very active

one day(years ago) a mate and i ate about

6 berries each with no effect, not even a dry mouth

The ripe berries of this plant are harmless. I've eaten them before and an ex-neighbours grandma used to make a pie out of them. The green berries are poisonous and might contain the tropanes you are after.

The alkaloids in this species are not hallucinogenic.

from what i know the major active alkloid is solanine, which isn't exactly the tropanes ur looking for..

the ripe berries don't do a damn thing, greenones might, but i don't think they will give u a trip, probebly somthing more like poisning...

No tropanes in Solanum nigrum, the alkaloids are all steroid alkaloids like solanine and are seriously bad for the health in excess. This species used to be used as a mild sedative in low doses a long time ago. There are much safer sedatives to try.

Thanks guys, the wizard wasn't even interested in consuming the nightshades, he was just curious for more infor., the seeds were given to the wizard, and of course I am sure that the wizard would rather take something else for sedative effects than these nightshades wink.gif

Solanin poisoning is VERY uncomfortable!!