The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tomer Corymbosa

Jiao-gu-lan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum)

Herbaceous perennial vine native to China and Japan. The dried leaves of this plant make a tasty, energy-filled tea that contains 4 times more ginseng-like saponins than asian or american ginseng. Seeds germinate in 3 to 6 weeks in warm soil. Plant prefers part shade, well-drained and nitrogen rich soil, and is hardy to 20 degrees F. Makes an excellent indoor plant.

http://www.canmedbotanics.nl/jiaogolan.html

did someone here use it before?

please let me know,if its good like its written on the article above i'll order seeds.

:uzi:

I've used the extract before, but I usually take several herbals daily, so I won't attempt to give an opinion on efficacy of this particular one.

A powdered extract with 80% actives can be ordered from BAC in the US. Might be worth a try to find out if it meets your expectations before investing the time to grow the plant.

The plant is worth growing just for the taste of the tea if nothing else :)

12 years later, lol...

I just started some up, I split the seeds into two groups. One group was soaked overnight in water, the other in 0.15% potassium nitrate. They were then germinated on wet filter paper in petri dishes.

The nitrate soaked seeds sprouted several days faster.

But really, if you dont already have a potassium nitrate stock solution dont bother, they sprout pretty easy anyway.

Just figured it wouldnt hurt to record that somewhere ;)

Does anyone know if the seeds currently being sold out of china on ebay are bitter or non-bitter?

• Like 1