The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
eeroborroc

Piss Testing

Sounds like you need a good source of MDA :) he, he, he..

Im pretty sure they sell the same urine test kits at my chemist, they are very expensive but give a good idea on what your pissing.

Last week i turned own an 800 a week job cos i would not sign a consent for drug testing

i know some cant afford that luxury but i know so long as my family isnt starving ill never ever submit that authority

Fuckem :angry:

Exactly! If the truly talented and exceptional employees refuse to take the piss tests then something will have to change.

I'd rather work 1st level tech support telling people how to turn their computers on for $30k a year than live in fear of the piss test for $50k.

It's pretty stupid they don't test for alprazolam, which is probably the most addictive and desirable benzo of abuse... but then again it has a really short halflife so it'd probably be useless.

On a different note, the big masterfoods base on the central coast forced their employees into taking compulsary piss tests... something like 70% failed (probably because they are all shift workers and on the whiz) and they couldn't afford to sack that many people so nobody lost their jobs. :P

Its just fucking rididulous that employers can invade your privacy like that for general employees

For those in control of machinery yeah sure (buses, planes, cranes) cos others lives are at stake

but a fucking packer, stacker or cleaner? :angry::angry::angry:

Its an ideological screening procedure

We have such PISSWEAK unions and privacy laws in this country

The same attitude has us submit to being 'Photo ID'd' for every inane purpose

regardless of its efficacy.

so what safeguards do we have against having our DNA profiled as prospective employees? and or sold off to some database?

People already try to steal your CC details, addresses, phone numbers, emails and even your body parts when you die. Your DNA and medical records are just another saleable asset

its extreme but inevtiable in a labour market where they expect to control more of your existence but pay you less.

when i told them i wouldnt consent to the drug screening process they asked me why? wouldnt i pass?

honestly i said i know i would pass easily but i wont consent because it is invasive of my privacy

same reason i wouldnt submit to the vaccination and testing id have to have for the job

from their reaction it seemed like it was the fisrt time anyone had ever refused for reasons like that

as it happens serendipity intervenes and 2 days later i score a much more enjoyable 2 day a week day job worth nearly half that ;)

I tell you - the universe likes me :)

Edited by Rev

I was sacked from a job at a well known Zoo on the Sunshine coast run by a baby dangling retard(hint..hint) for testing positive to THC. RDT(random drug testing)

I was in a group of about 50 people that got tested. 30 of us failed and they all of us sacked within an hour of having the test done. No shit!!! Another 10 people left when they found out about this, some in protest, some in fear of being tested themselves.

I wasnt even allowed to drive home according to this wanker from Frontline Diagnostics because i had such i high concerntration of thc in my blood. Id had a joint or two the night before and that fucked me.

Yet there were still people that worked there who would take pills, whizz on the friday night cause they knew it would be out of there system on monday if they were to be tested. Not to mention the ones that would come into work reeking of piss after a night on the turps, but thats ok cause its just alcohol right!

I am still angry about what went down there to this day. I hope that spaz gets taken by a croc real soon.

I will never work somewhere that has a random drug testing policy ever again.

It is an invasion of privacy. What you do in your own time in your own house is your business!! No one elses!

I'm working in the US and nearly all the jobs I have seen over here have drug testing.

The workers seem to get around this by carrying round fake piss, It is funny it is part of their morning ritual to get the fake piss and put it on a little pocket heater that they carry around in there pocket just in case they get called up for a drug test.

I see it as being very funny but as an Australian working over here If I got caught as some of the people working over here did (they were not prepaired and got caught) they got deported and are not allowed to come back.

This is absolute bullshit..

I live in 'The Country' and the first time I had ever heard of this was only a couple of months ago.

A friend was told he would have to do a drug test as part of the interview process for a job he had applied for. A factory job of some kind. Anyway, he smokes a little bit of grass (in his own personal time of course) and knew instantly he would fail. The test was scheduled and he had time to obtain someone else's urine to try and fake the test.

I am not sure where the test was performed, but they took him into a dim lit bathroom that had a mirror in front of the toilet. Luckily, because of how dark it was, nothing could really be seen through the mirror and I think he didn't even pay any attention to it at first. He thought this was going to be real easy because the person supervising him was standing in the doorway of the bathroom, only being able to view his back.

Whilst he was mid-way through pouring the urine he prepared earlier (yes, much like a cooking tv show) the supervisor switched on a bright light that lit up the mirror and revealed (and foiled) his plot. It was done in a surprise manner, sneaky buggers. I doubt I could manage to urinate successfully in that situation, the moment the surprise mirror was lit up, the valve would jam shut like I had just had a large dose of opiates.

Anyway, he was pretty embarrassed and the person supervising the test was really angry with him, making comments about "wasting peoples time". He laughs about it now, and it is a pretty funny story. The stupid thing is though, they lucked out on a great worker. He is one of the straightest, prompt people I know and really only smokes weed occasionally.

I didn't realise this was going on everywhere. Obviously this will be the norm in no time. I wonder how this applies to somewhere such as Canberra? (with Weed that is)

Edited by Pelinester

People already try to steal your CC details, addresses, phone numbers, emails and even your body parts when you die.

does this mean that you're against organ donation rev?

In answer to Pelinester's question!!

I was living in Canberra before I came over here! (the US that is)

In all the jobs I have ever had I have never had to take a drug test (I have had a few jobs, but I am still young I guess).

In Canberra drug testing is not that heard of!! (for a normal job)

But I guess it could happen for some jobs!

I'm a botanist so the sort of jobs in which I do don't really have the need for drug testing. (no lives are in my hands really so I guess having done something on the weekend is not going to effect any lives)

I understand that in jobs which are going to put others in danger if on drugs at the time are not good, but it really is a factor of being on drugs at work for such jobs! which if you have such a job you really are not likely to do!!

unless you are stupid!!

Smoking a little bit of weed before work for some makes their day more interesting, but in most cases their job is boring and makes it a bit more bearable!!

The fact is what one does in their own time is up to them, if it is not going to hurt anyone then why should it be a bad thing!!

We are all (free) individuals so our personal prefrences should not be an issue!!

It is a issue of greater powers telling us what to do!!

There are substances out there that really have a great power to change a person and we have all seen it!

There are many different types of drugs and they effect one in different ways!

Depending on what one does it should really be up to oneself to deside.

in short I don't think that drug testing is needed for all jobs!

Fine, i will have an exclamation mark.

did anyone watch mythbusters on the discovery channel today? it was the poppyseed drug test failure one,

and i had never seen it before, although of course i knew the outcome.

does this mean that you're against organ donation rev?

well no

i did intentionally use the word Steal

because medical institutions have been stealing peoples body parts for years without the families consent

as for organ donation i have elected not to participate

-unless you want a brain donation

i choose to go complete if possible

Its a hunch on the nature of progression in death decay and the 'afterlife'

and we only get one chance so somebody will just have to do without - Sorry

Its no refelection on my organ donation ethics in general though - go ahead by all means if you feel comfortable

some older ayurvedic books and also internet sources say that

calamus neutralises toxins of mj and psychedelics.

i've been wondering if a regular dose of calamus would keep

the piss clean ?

From what Ive read it may be possible but youd have to take it regularly as u say and quiet a lot. Although this is only in theory since calamus is illegal to ingest :angry:

some older ayurvedic books and also internet sources say that

calamus neutralises toxins of mj and psychedelics.

i've been wondering if a regular dose of calamus would keep

the piss clean ?

The ayurvedic use to counter the aftereffects of periods of overuse of cannabis is likely just for its CNS stimulant activity, I wouldnt expect it to work for fast removal of metabolites (if any clinical evidence shows that it would I'd love to see it)

calamus is illegal to ingest :angry:

:o wtf, you guys are banning Everything! I was nearly born in Oz, it was little more than the flip of a coin that made me be born an american... with how screwed your laws are getting, and the rate its happening at, I'm not sure I'd want to be aussie now :( Y'all need political reform bad.... come to think of it so does my country :lol:

yeah, i m also pissed off at those making such stupid laws :ana::uzi:

i do not have accsess to any testing patches, could anyone out there who has testers

try the calamus test ? (of course where legal only :innocent_n: )

p l e a s e !

i was drug tested every 28 days at my previous job and managed to pass every test. i was not heavy smoker tho the rule among the others was after ya test you could have one cone a day until 2 weeks before next test i know it aint a lot but they seemed to pass and would get a nice lowered tollerance so would enjoy and rerally enjoy the one after the test ;) no good if u get random tests tho

I was sacked from a job at a well known Zoo on the Sunshine coast run by a baby dangling retard(hint..hint) for testing positive to THC. RDT(random drug testing)

I am still angry about what went down there to this day. I hope that spaz gets taken by a croc real soon.

Good call !!!!, you were close, it was an animal he was pestering.