The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
whatever

damiana seed

does anyone know where i can get damiana seed "turnera diffusa"

------------------

when you find it tell everyone. especially me.

And me, been looking for this for

years(along with lagochilus inebrians),

good luck.

Well Torsten said before that most damiana seed sold somewhere is not viable.

Torsten was gonna do something about the damiana problem, like alternatives to seed, but i forgot what it was....cuttings or so?

Well I want some damiana plants too, as together with Ephedra sinensis it is my favourite herb tea....

tunera seeds at the bottom of your

score! this herb is allways soiled

with seeds (from all legal sorces,i might add)i managed to get some

forming a partly root .

some seeds are looking to be alive in

customs cleared damiana!

people say only one in a hundred damiana

seeds is doing it all the way.

even in mechico?

otro cervesa por favor.

bla, bla.

no its very hard to germinate damiana, thats

why its the pride of mechico.

nuts cuts off if we get one growing.

Does anyone know where we can obtain the

freshest damiana herb?Maybe if enough people

give it a go we might have a chance.

might it be at all possible to get any from mex. through costums and quarantene and all as some pl seem to do with palm seeds....or maybe not?....i realy dont know much about it...

Damiana seed has been refused entry pending weed risk assessment (WRA). I have prepared one of these, but couldn't supply enough informtaion at the time. I am working on another submission. Once it is permitted entry I will engage a quarantine station and import a live plant (or several). Quarantine usually takes 6 months, so it is a costly and time consuming project.

I have had plenty of seed and cannot get it to germinate - which is not surprising given its natural germination rate.

Aw for mexico, don't expect any help from there. Damiana seed and plants are a prohibited export from mexico as this species is regarded as a national treasure and anyone compromising this faces hefty penalties.

There are a couple of places in the world that sell damiana plants and importing such a plant is the most likely option for success.

owhhh,sounds very complicated! thanks for answer torsten, guess i have to think up different aproach...

Guest Thelema

IF YOU THINK ABOUT it, every pharmaceutical company has access to damiana. Take 'Natures Own' for example. Their damiana tablets are made from australian damiana, so most likely an australian source or grower.

Also, i know it sounds doubtful, but a small herbal nursery i shopped in i am sure had a damiana plant for sale. Maybe i should check again b4 i start such wild pronouncements.

Originally posted by Thelema:

IF YOU THINK ABOUT it, every pharmaceutical company has access to damiana. Take 'Natures Own' for example. Their damiana tablets are made from australian damiana, so most likely an australian source or grower.

WOW, what have you been smoking wink.gif

Sure, every herb co has access to damiana, but only as a herb and usually only imported from mexico. It is not entirely impossible that there is an odd plant already in australia (in fact I have good reason to believe that there was one nursery selling them some 15 or so years ago), but I can state with good certainty that there are no plantations in australia and that Natures Own certainly doesn't use Australian-grown damiana.

I am however incredibly intrigued about how you arrived at this assumption.

Also, i know it sounds doubtful, but a small herbal nursery i shopped in i am sure had a damiana plant for sale. Maybe i should check again b4 i start such wild pronouncements.

Please check. Also please keep in mind that all 3 species of Turnera are commonly called damiana. Turnera trioniflora has had a WRA submitted and approved, so I presume some collector or company has imported this species. It is quite possible that this species is being sold as damiana. The broad leaved damiana (name escapes me now) has been assessed as a weed, however it too is frequently confused with the real thing and could be marketed as such. It is easily propagated by seed. I am not interested in the other two. I am only interested in Turnera diffusa.

in me fantasy i saw them aswell,

even with a photo printed label.

10 years ago at central cost n.s.w.erina fair.

question call those labelmakers and ask,

have you ever printed a tunera or damiana

label...

dont know if its worth a follow up or how to do it but an attempt at trialing damiana was made at adelaide b g several years ago,with negative results i believe.i think they had plants which died fairly soon.

t s t .

Richters sell damiana plants if anyone

would like to dream about importing them.

Any progress on this front?

T. diffusa seed avaialbility and germination methodology that is.

I was never much interested in it until recently reading about it improving dream recall the day After use- has anyone observed this effect?

Any progress on this front?

T. diffusa seed avaialbility and germination methodology that is.

I was never much interested in it until recently reading about it improving dream recall the day After use- has anyone observed this effect?

Ive not heard anything further about growing this plant, but can varify that GOOD fresh damiana has an ability to increase dream states and lucid dreaming, and also dream recall.

I was drinking a catnip and damiana tea for awhile, but it got a bit too intense. It doesnt just enhance the good dreams :unsure:

And i had a couple of 'dream wig outs'.

Id still be uber keen to get some growing.

Ah, good another positive on dream recall :)

Inability to remember dreams is a big problem for me :( I wanna explore dream-conciousness more.

I need another tropical shrub that has to stay indoors 6 months a year like I need a third tit but hey, if I could make seeds sprout... ;)

I'm experimenting with other stuff too- B6 increased vividity but not recall, B12s effect on increasing recall was so slight I'm not convinced that its real (for me), preliminary tests with (bought) peppermint tea were not encouraging- I might grow mint and peppermint next year, preliminary tests with ashwagandha root bark just made me extra horny after a few days :blush: (I have biochemical reason to think it could help but that may only be after extended useage, same with tulsi), I just started trying cod liver oil, next will be ginkgo, I ordered some Calea z. to keep myself from prematurely mutilating the plants I got from gom :lol: (theyre healthy and growing good btw), the mugwort seed failed to grow this spring :( (but I have a lead on a kazakhstani strain with seeds reportedly 2-5 times larger than average).... I may try cinnamon tea, I ran into a young asian girl who says it increases the 'sensory experience' of dreams :o (a interesting remark that she didnt give details on)

Anything else that I havent thought of to help dream recall?

:lol: maby this should have been a new thread

Melatonin increases non-REM sleep and makes it easier for you

to fall asleep. But it has also an interesting rebound effect that gives more frequent and

vivid dreams. The vividness might even give you a lucid dream.

The Kava Kava root, a traditional drug from the Polynesian islands, is little known but highly

recommendable. It is said to take away stress and tension, very mildly tranquilizing while clearing

and sharpening thoughts. Also told to help dreaming, especially for lucid dreaming exercises.

From my own experience, it causes a deeper but shorter sleep with more intense dreams.

The amino acid Tryptophan can be metabolized into Serotonin and Niacin (B-3). Vitamin B-6

promotes this conversion. Taking Niacin or Nicotine patches will increase the Serotonin

production. The more Niacin you take, the more Serotonin is produced and more Melatonin is

metabolized. Calcium and Magnesium promotes Serotonin production as well. Zinc is in every cell

of the body and is a part of over 200 enzymes, so Zinc supplements may increase REM-sleep, too.

DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) is a very important B-vitamin. It flows easily through the brain's

blood barrier, where it is converted into Choline. During REM, Choline is added the coenzyme A

(Vitamin B-5), and we have Acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter in use during REM.

5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-TryptoPhan) is a Serotonin precursor that also flows quite easy through the

brain's blood barrier. It is a good alternative to Melatonin.

Vitamin C helps metabolizing several amino acids and hormones. It is also important to have

adequate levels of amino acids. A few important ones are Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Methionine,

Cysteine, Serine and Tryptophan.

Using Tobacco, Alcohol or Coffee prohibits the absorption of necessary vitamins and amino

acids. Depressants suppress REM sleep, one is Alcohol, but taken in right doses can create a

rebound effect so that you wake up remembering many vivid dreams. And anti-depressants may

increase dream recall. Caffeine will make you sleep lighter, will increase your dream recall

and maybe even give you a lucid dream. Herbs like Valerian, Mugwort, Mullein, Kava Kava,

Dittany of Crete, St. Johns Wort, Calea Zacatechichi, Salvia Divinorum, Scutellaria Indica,

Licorice Root, Vervain, Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Datura, Bee Pollen, Catnip, Hops, Scullcap,

Mimosa, Lavender, Damiana, Withania Somnifera, Passionflower, Chamomile, Cardamom, Gotu Kola,

Ginkgo Biloba, Ibogaine, Verbena, Rose, Cinnamon, Marigold, Nutmeg, Peppermint, Holly, Yarrow

and Anise may help you dream more, recall more or even have a Lucid Dream. Make sure you know

more about these herbs before you use them: some are to be used in pillows, some are to be

smoked, some are to be used in tea, etc. And finally we have psychedelic drugs like DXM that

may induce Lucid Dreams. Some of the drugs and herbs can be addictive, and be poisonous if

taken in too large doses. Crystals and Magnets may also affect your dreams.

• Like 1

Since i first caught Epstein Barr Virus, ive had intense and prolonged periods of 'fever dreaming' similiar to the dreams encountered on opium, but much more lucid and surreal.

Whilst it started off as fever dreaming, i.e always accompanied by highbody temperature, swollen glands and sweating/shivering, it slowly extended beyond the physical fever state.

I would spend weeks in bed dreaming intensely, however i was dreaming so much that no matter how much i slept i always woke up tired and felt like i had dreampt myself into mental and physical exhaustion.

Even when i took benzos or drank or smoked, still the dreams were constant and intense, and i would spend some 45minutes inthe morning trying to make sense of the crazy sleep tripping i had been doing.

For some periods of time it seemed like i was only really 'living in my dreams', and that my waking life was predominately a support mechanism for allt he things that were going on in dreamland.

I could probably write numerous sciencefiction books based on the extent of my dream recall, but i dont any of it is of any relevance ot anyone other then myself.

After a few years of sleep problems, including mild narcolepsy and bouts of insomnia and sleep deprevation, i decided to consulte a sleep clinic.

The sleep clinic showed that i had some form of agressive sleep disturbance whereby %85 of the time i was asleep i spent in REM with my nervous response waking my mind up some 25-45 times an hour, meaning i never got deep sleep but stayed in a constant dream state most of the time i was asleep.

These days things have mellowed out a bit, i swing between weeks and months of sleeping and dreaming to weeks of not sleeping at all and increased mental alertness and activity at all hours of the morning.

However i still have intense 'hypnogogic hallucinations' and states of wakefull travelling, as well as times if intense lucid dreaming and uncontrollable night swets/night horrors.

I would like to get a copy of my sleep study and suss out the brain wave activity because at the time i was more interested in how to fix the problem rather then what was actually occurring.

If you look at brain wave patterning, perhaps you can get a good idea of what states you are aiming for, and what plants and technologies are usefull in emulating or creating a dream friendly brain activity.

Reading cisumevils post i noticed that acetyl choline is active during REM,

this is interesting and something i was unaware of.

I started taking ALCAR(acetyl cholin-arginate) when i stopped smoking cannabis early this year as i had read it was usefull in regenerating short term memory. However i stopped taking it pretty quickly as it seemed to add an extra stimulation to my already over stimulated mind.

Perhaps ALCAR is something that may help!

ah, I hadnt thought of ALCAR. Its Acetyl-L-Carnitine, not acetylcholine arginate (that wouldnt pass the blood brain barrier)... tho it does increase the activity of acetylcholine in the brain. Thats what I based part of my ashwagandha idea on... its been shown to increase acetylcholine activity in the brain as well as a surprising finding of it extending the axons and dendrites to adjust for when synaptic gaps have become too wide to function properly, and of course traditional medicine says it 'clarifies the mind'.

cisumevil was spot-on in that I was using B6 to increase night time biosynthesis of serotonin in the brain, tho it never occured to me that niacin might increase seotonin production. While I assume it would increase oneirovividity rather than recall I have some pure nicotinic acid in my lab so I might give it a try.

lol :blush::BANGHEAD2:

Ill be the first to admit im not all that up to speed with the neuro-pharmacology side of things.

i should stick to growing plants heheheh

But all this tlk of dreamign must be having some kind of effect on me.

I just had the most full on lucid dream yet. As soon as i shut my eyes i was aware of dreaming, but also aware of my physical body. As soon as i realised i was dreaming, and pulled my hand up in front of my face, i was consciously creating my dream. Anything in my dreamscape i looked at iw as aware as being an existance of my dream, and thus i was able to change my perception of it in order to change its actual existance in my dream...

Very very interesting stuff.

Edited by ({E})

Hello. In regards to Damiana plant suppliers in Australia:

All Rare Herbs, and Mud Brick Cottage both sell Damiana Plants and will post Australia wide. They may post internationaly, I'm not sure.

In regards to dream sharing. For those who don't already know, there is an AMAZING website called www.dreamcatcher.net Its a great digital dream journal where you share your dreams/visions and can read others. And you can comment on each others dreams which is a great way of gaining perspective.

In regards to dream herbs, my all time favourite is Calea Zacatachichi. If you haven't tried it, I strongly recommend getting freshly dried leaves...roll a big smoke and drink a strong tea together just before bed. I've had incredibly deep healing dreams using it this way which I've heard is the traditional way.

:)

Darren from herbalistics has damiana said he hopes to offer lagochilus inebriates seeds some time soon.

Fairdinkumseeds.com is Australian based and has lagochilus inebrians also.... I think there's been some controversy in the past around if what's available in Australia is truly inebrians and not some other lagnochilus.

I don't know enough about it to vouch for any one vendor over another.