The Corroboree
inpsyght

Entheogen DVD's

/me drools @ ^

I would kill for a copy of that!

they'll find their way to inpsyght, and hopefully there will be a few more dvd's in the collection from peoples additions

I,d really like a set of these dvd,s too,but I dont have

a dvd burner.If someone could do me a set I,d gladly pay

for the disc,s and postage with money and/or trades.

Drew.

Hey Andrew,

Just counted my discs and I reckon I could do another copy, you will just be getting them on 2 different brands of discs. PM me your address. :)

Well, I sent the gnomes to the post office today and they came back considerably poorer, so I guess that is a good sign that your parcels are in the mail. :)

Hi all :)

I know im probably a bit late to jump on the band wagon but if someone can send me a copy of the discs i can burn and pass them on. Is this how it is working?

I would love to veiw some of these docos everyones talking about.

Thankyou kindly :innocent_n:

Hi Gollum,

Sorry that you missed the last lot going out. I am sure you will be able to get a copy, it is just a matter of when :).

Thanks Pelinster... DVD's arrived on Friday.

There were a few more than I had expected :o

Appreciate it :)

I would like to send a big thank you to Pelinster for being soo generous. Alot of time and money would have spent getting them done, cheers mate! :worship::)

Edited by tomte

Guest Warrioe-Sage

DVD's arrived today,

B)

totaly sik as,

There is some cool shit on these. Heaps of EBooks. I am totaly in awe . I cant beleive how many docs are on these, then theres the audio ..theres so much Awesomeness to take in and learn.

Thanks Pelinster....

Very much Appreciated bro.

:)

This is some cool shit going down by the penie stie,

I'll post back here when I get some DVDs and I'll do a few rounds

Gollum - Tried to pm you about dvds but full inbox.

I got a copy of the disks but dont have a dvd burner, if you havent already got a copy i can proabably work something out.

PM me if your interested

Pelinster,

Big thanks, DVD's arrived today!!

After my exams are finished and i can get my shit together, i'll burn a few copies for people to keep it going\

Thanks again

My crew has a doof coming up... (early sept) and we are thinking of doing a movie tent... Do you think it would be unethical to use these docos,etc in a non-profit public environment?

I've got enough blanks to burn one copy of the DVD set.

Please PM me if you'd like it.

Thanks myname for the DVD's! Appreciate it.

I have enough spare DVD's to burn two copies. PM me if you would like one. I can burn more if you send me the DVD's, again PM me and I'llgive you the address to send DVD's to.

One thing though, mynames DVD burner died when he was burning my set, if anyone who already has a copy can make me a DVD of disk 12 that would be much appreciated so I can continue to copy the full collection instead of the collection minus one!

:)

i never had a copy of dvd 12 (was added afer i recieved burnt the discs) dvd 9 was the one that i missed when the burner died. enjoy

Hey, can anyone do me a copy of DVD Number 7 to 13 please? I can send CDs and postage packets. Thanks! :)

Doesn't anyone think it is wrong to deprive film makers of thier royalties this way? I mean, who gives a toss about Warner Bros or Sony.... but there are at least 4 films on that list of people I know who struggle to find funding to make another doco, and at least two filmmakers on that list who are actually active contributors on these forums.

If you keep stealing from these people they won't make any more docos for you.

I was gona say sumthin bout that too, but wasn't sure of the situation. But, if they want their cash, where can I purchace these doco's? I assume sbs,bbc and abc would have sum, but where to get the rest? Alot of the time I download audio and video out of frustration from not being able to find it for sale. Sumthings just arn't in print anymore, so unless u can get a second hand copy, then downloading becomes ur only option. Oh and howz this.... ABC wants $66 for a particular 30min doco on DVD that I want. At that price I'd happily download it if I could find a source. But I wouldn't mind paying the normal $30-$40 price, but $66 :o , WTF???? I don't mind paying, but I do mind paying through the nose!

On a doco note....... Anybody know where I can get the ABC doco "magic mushrooms of Bailingup" I've looked on their site and called them, but to no avail.

I download a lot of stuff, but if I like something and want to keep it I just about always buy it. With the exception of some ridiculously over priced software packages which are published by ridiculously rich software houses. I actually buy more of what I like because I get to try a lot of things first. There is nothing worse than buying something that is absolutely crap, but has just been marketed well... But I am sure we have all heard this rant before so...

The quality of some of these are really nothing in comparison to the real product. I urge anyone who likes anything on these that they have access to purchasing to do so, you won't regret it I am sure.

I remember an earlier post regarding at least one of the docs mentioned being available from here for purchase soon? I am very keen to obtain some of these docs, especially those which have been made by members of this community and would appreciate any information on where they can/should be purchased.

I am sure the majority of what's on these DVD's would not be available for purchase for many of us.

I do feel guilty for being involved in distributing these if it in any way hurts the pocket of a ethno-doco maker and in no way was this my intention. I was trying to return the favour that was extended to me.

If the people involved feel strongly about not having their material distributed with this collection I for one won't do so.

This actually occurred to me as I noticed 2 (out of what I have seen) that were made by Aussies. I wondered if they were part of this community. I am sorry guys if you're hurt by these being distributed in this way and I really appreciate what you are doing. However there is the possibility that this collection could sell some product as a result of this distribution and I personally hope that is the case.

I personally think it is important to weigh up all these issues when deciding how to proceed. For example, if I can't get a doco for under about AU$35 then I will source it elsewhere. usually any doco that is made available is under this price, so that not a problem. The only time it is higher is usually when you have to pay archive service charges such as at the ABC.

Shaman of the Amazon is available from Dean's website, Piers Gibbon's Jungle Trip was available at SAB for 3 years and may be again soon, and Ben's Rites of passage is available from his website or hopefully through us very soon. These are the ones I know off hand, but I am sure some research would also uncover sources for many the other ones (not all or even most I presume, but that's kinda their own fault then).

The other thing you can do is to simply donate a few bucks to the filmmakers. I am tempted to get these DVDs too because there is some really old stuff on there which simply isn't available anymore. But I have already paid for all the contemporary ones which are available for sale, so I am not depriving anyone of an income. It would have been good if these DVDs would only include material that is not currently available.

Filmmakers only get a few bucks for each video anyway, so if they dn't have distribution costs etc then a small donation would usually equal the same.

I have several friends who make films and I know how much they struggle to get their first one done so the proceeds can fund the next one. You guys are screwing this up and the damage reflects directly back on your future choices.

The other thing you can do is to simply donate a few bucks to the filmmakers. I am tempted to get these DVDs too because there is some really old stuff on there which simply isn't available anymore. But I have already paid for all the contemporary ones which are available for sale, so I am not depriving anyone of an income. It would have been good if these DVDs would only include material that is not currently available.

Filmmakers only get a few bucks for each video anyway, so if they dn't have distribution costs etc then a small donation would usually equal the same.

That's an awesome idea. Perhaps we can all put something into some kind of pot that can be distributed between these guys. Is anyone else interested in making a donation for having the oportunity to view these great docos?

I will burn you an altered copy if you like Torsten. I don't have the full 13 discs, only 11, but from what I can tell the 3 you mentioned are all on the first 2 disks. They look like they are part of that salvia torrent? (mentioned earlier) as just about everything on those two disks are also in that torrent file. Anyway, it would be easy to remake the first 2 disks without these 3. I am happy to send the corrected disks to anyone who is planning to distribute these, at my own cost, so let me know guys and we will get this fixed.

Edited by Pelinster

I look at the collection as an invaluable resource of archived information, where making a collection like this and distributing it may be the only reason it could ever be found or stumbled upon 10+years from now on the internet...

I guess i naively forgot that revenue from these films is much needed and means there will be more doco's made.

Although, I know it's not the same but music piracy isn't such a bad thing, it allows you to listen to alot more music you wouldn't of otherwise heard because of having to commit to a purchase without having access to what your buying. It allows popularity to be based on actual substance as opposed to manufactured popularity, which promotes innovation, allowing anyone with a good idea to be heard.... i could go on for a while

The problem comes from not having the ability to exchange with the person involved in creating the content. When you cut out the middlemen you can lower the cost of the product which inturn means more sales for the seller and more money leftover for the consumer to buy more with.

Piracy is the means to a resolution which benefits everyone besides the people fighting it, who are also the ones stifling innovation by trying to control it's direction which only benefits itself e.g. major record labels.

edit: perhaps the e-mail of the creator or their website could be edited into the video by anyone who knows how, so it could be properly purchased or a donation could be made?

Edited by Endrogen