The Corroboree
narayan

Adelaide Ethno Meet 2nd Sunday of each month

Major gatherings?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks rogdog.

I'm hoping I can make it to the next one :)

just another reminder....

t s t .

Could someone give me the rundown on what occurs at the Botanic Garden meets? .. A market-style trading thing? A picnic and chin-wag? Does one need to bring money to buy seeds and plants - if that's what goes on, or .. what? :)

Never been, so I have NO idea what it's about, or what purpose it serves :)

Ty!

Yeah it is just for talking Yogibear.

I have said I am bringing some plants to get rid of because I am heading o/s for some time and would like them to go to people who will appreciate them, but this is an unusal occurrence and is not the function of the meets.

Pretty much all that happens is people talk about plants. Sometimes we may digress to more philosophical or comical matters but that is all!

See ya'll on Sunday.

Could someone give me the rundown on what occurs at the Botanic Garden meets? .. A market-style trading thing? A picnic and chin-wag? Does one need to bring money to buy seeds and plants - if that's what goes on, or .. what? :)

Never been, so I have NO idea what it's about, or what purpose it serves :)

Ty!

If it's anything like the Newcastle meets it will be a lot like a Masonic initiation.

Your balls get dipped in honey and you have stand there blindfolded while a poddy calf licks it off.

If you get out of that with your nuts in tact the other club members take turns spanking you with a bat made from a caapi vine inscribed with secret Latin verses that can only be revealed after the intiation.

I'm on my third try but I always pike it when the calf starts licking so I don't really know what happens after that.

• Like 1

If it's anything like the Newcastle meets it will be a lot like a Masonic initiation.

Your balls get dipped in honey and you have stand there blindfolded while a poddy calf licks it off.

If you get out of that with your nuts in tact the other club members take turns spanking you with a bat made from a caapi vine inscribed with secret Latin verses that can only be revealed after the intiation.

I'm on my third try but I always pike it when the calf starts licking so I don't really know what happens after that.

lol. Goodness me; the calf and honey sound like enough reason to wanna go :)

Good to catch up with yall even if it was for a shorter time then i would have preferred.

It's sad to think that this was the last meet for a considerable time that we will share with Neil. As much as i am happy for him and his impending trip overseas, I will miss him.

see you at the next one.

Yes it was a very pleasent day, I'm glad I can meet with such great folk on a regular basis.

Wishing you well on your upcoming adventure Neil. It sounds amazing.

Hope to see the remaining regular attendees and more at the next meet.

Hey! Thanks Quillam and Rahli (and others over the years), it is much appreciated.

The meets have been a very enjoyable occassion since I became enamoured with plants in 2006, and there have certainly been some wonderful folk who have passed through the gardens on a Sunday with a story to tell!

I am continually amazed how people find a connection with plants and express that according to their own character and life experiences. I am also continually inspired by the level of knowledge and enthusiasm in the small ethnobotanical community of Australia.

More than that the meets have reminded me that gardening, working with and philosophing about plants and their insights is not a crazed affair. Indeed, it seems perfectly rational and reasonable in a crazy world!

My trip is of course predominantly focussed on plants and ecology so with any luck i'll have some botantical insights to share when I return to the gardens next February.

Thanks all, and good vibes in return.

Neil

So you won't be at the meet this Sunday? If not, take care and have a great trip! :P

Hey all. Recently i have noticed quite a bit of kanna growing near my place. So i will be bringing cuts of this for anyone who wants some. I will also be bringing some books that may be of interest to you people. See you on sunday

How's this weather, fullas?! Hope it clears up by lunchtime! And I hope nobody pikes out because of the rain! :P

If people are still going to the botanic I'll come down in the rain.

Not sure where people will be if the usual place is soaked.

its not raining now its all sunny but you mob left me stranded and im here all by myself :slap: and have no idea where to look for anyone! :(

*yours sincerely, sulking in the botanic gardens ALONE* :P

Edited by meeka

Where are you, I'm at the cafe near the lake, right now.

I went home after hour and half of searching for peeps and looking around. :(

Lucky no-one saw me leaning forward to sniff the nymphaea flower in the amazon house and accidentally dip my longhair in the stinky pond water tho haha! :P

I ended up finding everyone around the place. It was good catching up and meeting some new folk.

It's a bit of a shame you missed us all meeka. Maybe we can meet next month.

Mmm I came at 3:30, looked aroud for a hour ad left, the got called up ad came back :/

I don't know what anyone looks like and I kept going back n forth between the places where I was told you usually meet etc I saw nobody smoking either :P so yeah maybe next time.

Glad to hear everyone else found each other. :blush:

Edited by meeka