The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-bijanto-

Mitragyna speciosa Flowering Stage of Development

Just when I came back home from my Ozzie journey, my kratom greet me with flowers. :)

This kratom plant is of Mitragyna speciosa, originally sent from Australia in 2000 if I remember correctly, but this year is its first time flowering. It started flowering on September-November and some of them have reached the full blooming, i.e having yellow colour, roundish shape with spikes. These pictures will give you more idea of how a kratom flower develops, which can be divided into several stages.

Thank's to my Ozzie pals who met me in Melbourne for the good time and friendship.

Enjoy the pictures!

=============

My 5-year-old Kratom Tree:

med_gallery_831_2_98292.jpg

Stage 1 of Flower Development

med_gallery_831_2_128269.jpg

Stage 2 of Flower Development:

med_gallery_831_2_120729.jpg

Stage 3 of Flower Development:

med_gallery_831_2_17195.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome mate!!

i've never seen these flower before they're beautiful thanks :)

Awesome mate!!

i've never seen these flower before they're beautiful thanks :)

Aw I love it seeing my babies grow up and have babies of their own :innocent_n:

wow wicked. i was hoping mine would flower but i planted it in the ground and it spent almost a year in full sun and dropped all its leaves and didnt grow, i moved it and its reshooting, this was before it became illegal, now its dead.

• Like 1

wow!

I was just thinking that the Erowid crew ould be very interested in such high quality pictures of such a high quality plant

WOW!! Lucky you.

WOW! :lol:

5 years old? Is that from seedling or when your acquired it?

They really must take off once established..cant wait till 2010 :huh:

That is super, best photos I've ever seen of kratom flower development. Mine are I think 3 years old or 3 1/2. I still have hopes that they will flower some day. What sort of temps is your plant used to? Do you think it will set seed or do you need another plant? As has been asked, was it 5 years from seed or 5 years from rooted cutting?

• Like 1

That is super, best photos I've ever seen of kratom flower development. Mine are I think 3 years old or 3 1/2. I still have hopes that they will flower some day. What sort of temps is your plant used to? Do you think it will set seed or do you need another plant? As has been asked, was it 5 years from seed or 5 years from rooted cutting?

At the moment, I don't know if it will set seed. Actually I've found it a bit strange that I can't find any satisfying answer on whether kratom is dioecious or monoecious.

The oldest flower is now still at stage 4, which is fully blooming like at stage 3 but has more rich, brighter or darker yellow than the stage 3 flower (the yellow color at stage 3 looks pale, more like a mix of white and yellow).

I had 2 of those yellow flowers just several days ago but one of them was gone yesterday. Someone passing by the road might picked it, so now I have only one yellow flower and many green flower buds (stage 1 & 2). There was a cute bee visiting the yellow flower this morning so I hope it will pollinate and turn into seed.

Temps here are between 19 to 31 C with 26/27 C of average, and there are wet/rain season from Oct-Mar and dry season from Apr-Sept. Here in my area, it starts to flower in the beginning of rain season.

5 years old? Is that from seedling or when your acquired it? They really must take off once established..cant wait till 2010
It's 5 years from plantlet, I got it in a small (+/- 5 cm) tube with agar medium. Usually, plants that grow vegetatively will set flower sooner than plants grown from seed.
I was just thinking that the Erowid crew could be very interested in such high quality pictures of such a high quality plant

I think I should send them these picts, Rev. The problem is, I sent them many other interesting plant images about 5 months ago, and just one month later I got their messages, saying that those pictures are qualified and worthy...but now I still haven't seen any of them published.

Funny thing is, nobody here seems to know this plant. Some of them looked at the spikey flower and thought it might be some kind of mini Durian fruit (Durio zibethinus).

I'll be back here later with update on any further stages of development of this tree, including possible seed development.

quote 'Darklight' Aw I love it seeing my babies grow up and have babies of their own :innocent_n:

let this occasion be reason once more to say, THANK YOU DARKLIGHT, THANK YOU TORT.

congratulations bijanto thats sooooooooooo cool! :P :D :blink:

@hftg all kratom are cuttings, darklight is the mother of most of them...

Now you're a nanna you can join the "Ulysses" !

The wonders of IVF hey.... :wink:

Hope you had fun in Aus.

Verrry nice flowers, the green undeveloped one looks awesome, all bumpy like.

...but now I still haven't seen any of them published.

same here. but im sure they are very busy. i know how busy i am with my simple site

erowid by comparison is an herculean task

STAGE 4 OF FLOWER DEVELOPMENT

Now I'm really surprised :o This morning, the second yellow flower was gone, too. Someone took the flower, again? :uzi:

When I tried to look closer and make sure that it was really gone just like the previous one, I found two white flowers instead. They are smaller than the yellow flowers (which are now really gone), but these white flowers have small holes around the flower head. They grow in the middle of a "Y" shape twig, closely guarded at both sides by the green spikey flowers about the same size. I didn't see them before, either because they were not there yet or because I just didn't notice.

I don't know why I tend to think that these are supposed to be the female, but they could be the next stage of the same flowers, which means that those yellow flowers were not gone and have just been transforming. :unsure:

normal_kratom-flower-white1.jpg

normal_kratom-flower-white2.jpg

normal_kratom-flower-white3.jpg

Will be coming back :D

looks like the white balls are the flower head after the yellow petals fall out.

Now you're a nanna you can join the "Ulysses" !

You're a fucken shocker :P

The wonders of IVF hey....

This house is a turkey baster free zone :puke:

looks like the white balls are the flower head after the yellow petals fall out.

Hmmm, I hope the stamen and the pistil exist in the same plant and it'll set seed finally.

yes, I think it does, and I think you will get seed. please post some pics of the same balls in a week and 2 weeks. The capsules should start to form.

I can´t help myself; this plant is a stunner. Some of the Flower Pics are Great! If i´d were you, i´d buy me a Tent and a Peacemaker to make personally sure nobody damages it. :)

Please try to collect and germinate some seeds! edit: Surely only if your located in a Country where this is not illegal to do. I´d love to see pics of seedgrown seedlings. bestRegs EG

Torsten and Darklight,

I didn't know that there were going to be TWO grandfathers for these future babies , until I saw Darklight's kratom TC images of early days in the image gallery. Anyway, I know you should be proud to see these pictures, as you realize that your effort is fruitful. So, this is a Christmas present for both of you. These pictures are yours. Maybe you two can publish your kratom cultivation guide someday. I know the plant is illegal to grow in Australia, but whatever grow from your mind can't be illegal, can they? :innocent_n:

You're right. Today I looked closer to another yellow blooming flower and took the petals out...and I could see the white flower head with holes just like the previous two, and I could also see some pollen.
Please try to collect and germinate some seeds! edit: Surely only if your located in a Country where this is not illegal to do. I´d love to see pics of seedgrown seedlings.

Thank's, I'll do that and perhaps a little experiment to see how long the seeds stay viable.

• Like 1

STAGE 5 OF FLOWER DEVELOPMENT

This pict was taken this morning. The flower head has been turning brown slowly (in the process of forming seed pod??). Much slower than I thought.

gallery_831_2_112533.jpg

bijanto, i know a site in germany where people constantly ask for kratom seeds, so i might post a link there to this topic.

bijanto, i know a site in germany where people constantly ask for kratom seeds, so i might post a link there to this topic.

I appreciate it planthelper, thank's :)